Thread: So i got a lot of old Pc's is this a good idea?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Default So i got a lot of old Pc's is this a good idea?

Hello, Do you think a one core CPU can run one RS3 Simba? I just know i need 600MB for Simba the max and 300mb for windows XP "XP not use much ram" , I love to know this because i have a lot of old one core pc's.
    https://villavu.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=147422&dateline=14358  53409

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miningboy11 View Post
    Hello, Do you think a one core CPU can run one RS3 Simba? I just know i need 600MB for Simba the max and 300mb for windows XP "XP not use much ram" , I love to know this because i have a lot of old one core pc's.
    How powerful is the core? If it's something like 2-3Ghz then it's probably not a problem - I've run simba on a 1.6ghz dual core atom.

Worst case scenario is that you could always try!
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anth_ View Post
    How powerful is the core? If it's something like 2-3Ghz then it's probably not a problem - I've run simba on a 1.6ghz dual core atom.

Worst case scenario is that you could always try!
    2Ghz-2.5Ghz, I have 15. I was thinking doing it Cos i have 24 Port Switch 1gb/s one ? . and 60m of Cables for it.
    https://villavu.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=147422&dateline=14358  53409

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

If you can pull enough juice to power them all, go for it. Just don't blow a breaker by plugging 15 machines in at once.
    If they're old enough to have single-core CPUs without hyperthreading, the power supplies probably won't suck more than 200W each.

Don't expect to get more than one bot per machine. Don't expect sky-high fps either, unless they have GPUs (they probably don't).

A 24-port switch obviously has enough capacity for 15 machines, but if your cables aren't crimped yet, invest in some cheap RJ45 heads and a crimper from your local hardware store.
    Cutting the cables yourself will be a lot cheaper than having somebody else do it, or buying pre-made cable.

Just remember: orange/white, orange, green/white, blue, blue/white, green, brown/white, brown. That's the order in which to set the wires, any video on YouTube can explain the finer points of the process.
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 12-07-2015 at 05:41 PM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    If you can pull enough juice to power them all, go for it. Just don't blow a breaker by plugging 15 machines in at once.
    If they're old enough to have single-core CPUs without hyperthreading, the power supplies probably won't suck more than 200W each.

Don't expect to get more than one bot per machine. Don't expect sky-high fps either, unless they have GPUs (they probably don't).

A 24-port switch obviously has enough capacity for 15 machines, but if your cables aren't crimped yet, invest in some cheap RJ45 heads and a crimper from your local hardware store.
    Cutting the cables yourself will be a lot cheaper than having somebody else do it, or buying pre-made cable.

Just remember: orange/white, orange, green/white, blue, blue/white, green, brown/white, brown. That's the order in which to set the wires, any video on YouTube can explain the finer points of the process.
    I have all the things crimped tool's here., if i can get 15 FPS i'm happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miningboy11 View Post
    I don't think it'll work as well as you're hoping it will.

A couple years ago, I had a couple of L5420s and E5320s lying around and tried the same thing you're trying now. SRL needed OGL or DirectX to work which are usually handled by GPU or a CPU equipped with some level of graphical payload. You can run it in software mode from within SMART but I doubt SRL will be able to interact with SMART.

I know there's a software mode build floating around, someone sent it to me a few years back when I was trying to get my L5420s and E5320s to work.

Best of luck.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Update. I find a PC with 2 core 2ghz with 2gb ram and 1GB ddr5 GPU. I think this can run 2-3 bots RS3.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Update 2. With 2gb ram RuneScape Getting me a mapping error So i put 4gb ram in i think that fix it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Planning to run a bot army? If you pay the electric bill, be sure to do the math on that beforehand.

If you're going to run 15 PCs, and assuming each will only use 150w, that's 2.3kwh. Depending on your electric prices, that's ~$0.32 per hour, rounding up to $8 / day. I figure, again depending on various factors, that you'd have to run at least 2 per machine just to break even. If each is making ~150k/hr however you should be fine. But still not really worth it..

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skollstagg View Post
    Planning to run a bot army? If you pay the electric bill, be sure to do the math on that beforehand.

If you're going to run 15 PCs, and assuming each will only use 150w, that's 2.3kwh. Depending on your electric prices, that's ~$0.32 per hour, rounding up to $8 / day. I figure, again depending on various factors, that you'd have to run at least 2 per machine just to break even. If each is making ~150k/hr however you should be fine. But still not really worth it..
    I just need BTC for Games keys lols this why im doing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

I am curious to know if this works out or not XD. Please keep us updated.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerToad View Post
    It work out good tbh.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

30 is the magic number

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Simba Noob View Post
    30 is the magic number
    Indeed, it is so mysterious and puzzling how we get so much user engagement, debate, and activity...until they reach 30 posts.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Indeed, it is so mysterious and puzzling how we get so much user engagement, debate, and activity...until they reach 30 posts.
    Should hype up blackmarket access, the forums will be booming.

Thread Information