Thread: Bored of RS and wondering to quit or go F2P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Default Bored of RS and wondering to quit or go F2P

Any ideas? I've completed all the quests and just don't seem to have a purpose anymore. I mean, grind, grind, grind, grind to build skills. The only things left to do really are complete the elite tasks and then start checking off items for completionists cape. But, really, the notion of grinding those skills for a couple more YEARS just is not all that appealing anymore.

Today I sold, alched, or dumped everything and have about 215mil coin. But, I just don't have a big urge to keep going. I had considered going F2P and just messing around for a bit, but then I saw what limitations there are on F2P and decided that was just a huge rip. I mean, I've got 89 Magic and I couldn't use any of my most potent standard spells!!!!

So, I guess I'm looking for suggestions or ideas on what has kept you old timers going for so long. 'Cause frankly, the thrill is gone.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

The thrill left me ages ago as well. I haven't played RS properly for years, and I only ever log in if it's something script related.

If you think you've well and truly had it with the game then you could sell. Not sure how much you'll get, but it's better to have some amount of money than an account you never use (or you donate it to SRL if you're feeling generous [money to the prize fund and account to the devs]), but it's entirely up to you.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

You can always bot your 89 magic to 99 in F2P, but thrill-wise I don't have any ideas. I'm pretty sure a lot of the people who have been here for a long time either no longer play runescape or only bot casually.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Thanks @Rich and @BMWxi. Not certain about selling and it's the grind that is making me crazy. Would love if the game allowed for the development of unique, niche type specialties, such that not everyone could do everything. I used to love setting a goal and reaching it, but lately I can't see the point when thousands of others have done or are doing the same thing. And after a bit it just really comes down to having something to do every day. You know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Comp can take under a year if you do it right, so just do that.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

If you are planning to keep botting it, just watch out cause bans are happening more often. If you ever plan on selling it, you can offer it to me..Just saying..
    But at the end it's all up to you. Ive recently lost interest in playing/botting my nearly maxed account so what i did was sell my 1.5B Gp cause of ban waves.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loragnor View Post
    Thanks @Rich and @BMWxi. Not certain about selling and it's the grind that is making me crazy. Would love if the game allowed for the development of unique, niche type specialties, such that not everyone could do everything. I used to love setting a goal and reaching it, but lately I can't see the point when thousands of others have done or are doing the same thing. And after a bit it just really comes down to having something to do every day. You know?
    Yeah, I remember when I wanted the Explorers Ring 4 I was pretty motivated to train my skills up to the requirements. Although now that I've done all the F2P quests, unlocked all the F2P stuff, I don't have much motivation. Getting a 99 would be motivating if it didn't take so much repetition. So now I script and stuff instead of playing

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

The 'thrill' of it all for me was never about the game itself, it's from creating a script to control my player for doing tedious tasks. It's fun to think of Simba as your friend who plays RS for you; does exactly what you want with your character for a long as you tell it to and never asks for anything in return. Cool feeling.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

My thrill comes from trying new stuff I have not done as I have yet to do it all. Once I am done on my main, I have my goal for maxing out my f2p account which keeps me busy as it is long and tedious to do. Getting closer and closer everyday. Find something unique like that if you really want to keep playing. Set a goal for yourself that is difficult to reach. Sure at first it is tough, but as you get closer it gets better and once you complete it, the sense of accomplishment I figure is overwhelming.
    FEEL FREE TO PM ME ABOUT ANYTHING! Will help over Teamviewer...just ask!! "WITH A NEW QUESTION COMES A NEW CHALLENGE"
    Silentcore's AIO Service team !!! Pm me if you want questing done or service done or post on thread ofc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Well, thanks for the encouragement, the points of view, and the buyout offers.

@Flight, I understand the thrill of coding. I've felt the same writing software, feeling as though I'm influencing the way people think and manage their routines. It could be, like so many of you, that I may need to shift focus to Simba....

I'll give this a few more days consideration. Either way, I've already made another month's payment, so it's still an active account. If I decide to stop playing, I'll contact you @Rich about transferring this main and my other two F2P accounts.

Thanks again all.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Happens to everyone, get bored of rs and move on and then come back to it a few years/month later and get sucked back right in.
    Anyway.

Runescape isn't the only game out there, if you don't like grinding you can try Eve-Online no grinding involved there.

I didn't play during Eoc and i don't play RS3, so i consider those games trash and i have no clue how anyone even bothers playing them, regardless, the only game i play from jagex is Oldschool Rs and its pretty fun, i don't just bot i also play the game.

What has kept me going on rs from 2004 till today are basically two things, the first is clans and the latter being pking. I only play RS for the clan am in. Been in several clans over the years and still an active member in my current clan for the past four and a half years.

Bottom line RS3 Sucks and will die off like the trash it is, 07scape is far superior from RS3 and you should try it or playing Quake 1 (NQuake is free) or Counter Strike 1.6.

Another epic game you can play: portable counter strike on your browser, am upto 200k on that game

By the way you know a game is dead when players can't even be bothered to log-in to bot. I don't really care how many people play Oldschool rs, as long as there is people to pk with/against i dont mind.

till then i listen to this
    Quit gaming

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Do what you enjoy. The thrill does go but I still enjoy making geepees and hitting big targets (obviously you're pretty much done with the big targets, maybe do a 200mil xp?)
    Botting is sort of out of the question right now.
    Maybe you could setup a goldfarm /botting army once things are safer?
    Don't know what else is there really, scripting is what keeps most people going and its a good life skill to learn. Pascal is a good first step into programming if you're intrested

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Killer View Post
    Do what you enjoy. The thrill does go but I still enjoy making geepees and hitting big targets (obviously you're pretty much done with the big targets, maybe do a 200mil xp?)
    Botting is sort of out of the question right now.
    Maybe you could setup a goldfarm /botting army once things are safer?
    Don't know what else is there really, scripting is what keeps most people going and its a good life skill to learn. Pascal is a good first step into programming if you're intrested
    Yes, I am re-evaluating. Thinking of looking more deeply into botting with Simba. NOT leeching, but writing scripts. As for programming languages, I know a fair few and several scripting languages already. But, PS is different from what I've used, so it is a bit of a challenge in it's own right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Listening to 80's music helps!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rusty5500 View Post
    Listening to 80's music helps!
    LOL. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)

Start a collection of a meaningless item. See how many of that item you can get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wetish View Post
    Start a collection of a meaningless item. See how many of that item you can get.
    Like buttons? LOL

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loragnor View Post
    Like buttons? LOL
    I collected potatoes.
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104920

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wetish View Post
    i had 1,2b air runes haha :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Some years ago I found that making bots for games can be more enjoyable then playing them So if you are bored try scripting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgtemp View Post
    Some years ago I found that making bots for games can be more enjoyable then playing them So if you are bored try scripting.
    Frankly, the only reason I am here at Villavu is to make bots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

You could play the new heist mini game

Thread Information