Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    While reflection is available, there are no hook updaters (except for player info I think?), meaning you would manually need to grab new hooks for every activity every update. As that's kind of a pain, people are working on getting updaters in place to fix that issue first and then you will likely start seeing guides and reflection scripts.
    Excellent, would love to help with that but i dont know anything about java
    Quit gaming

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

@Daniel

Maybe in the scripting help section, there can be a button next to each reply saying "Mark answer solved" and at the top of the thread it would quote the post of the post that was marked solved, and also change the title to (Question solved) + threadtitle

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Barbrady View Post
    @Daniel

Maybe in the scripting help section, there can be a button next to each reply saying "Mark answer solved" and at the top of the thread it would quote the post of the post that was marked solved, and also change the title to (Question solved) + threadtitle
    I believe this would require a plugin. I'll notify @Hobbit; and @Wizzup?; to this suggestion.
    You may contact me with any concerns you have.
    Are you a victim of harassment? Please notify me or any other staff member.

| SRL Community Rules | SRL Live Help & Chat | Setting up Simba | F.A.Q's |

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I believe this would require a plugin.
    Yes, it would
    STOP PM'ING ME

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

@Daniel; I added a "Resolved" prefix to the Scripting Help section the other day, so that can be used for now. A plugin like that would be handy, though, and not just for the Scripting Help section.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Multiquote post? not really needed, just a suggestion.

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    @Daniel; I added a "Resolved" prefix to the Scripting Help section the other day, so that can be used for now. A plugin like that would be handy, though, and not just for the Scripting Help section.
    @Hobbit; is already looking at a plugin

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sjoe View Post
    Multiquote post? not really needed, just a suggestion.
    You mean the button to the right of "Reply With Quote"?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

@Hobbit; is already looking at a plugin
    woot woot. The current fix is alright but it probably won't be used a lot by noobs because they will forget to edit

Also this section: http://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=179 is like 90% help threads lol people always seem to miss the "SMART questions and answers" category (unless it's not for help in which case we need a smart help section :s )

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

You mean the button to the right of "Reply With Quote"?
    Ok I never saw that feature haha

Thanks for pointing it out.

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

We should be able to edit the title of our own threads in the script section

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

We should be able to edit the title of our own threads in the script section
    As far as I'm aware, you can? Have you tried using the 'Advanced Edit' feature when editing the post? (you should be able to change the title from within there)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)

As far as I'm aware, you can? Have you tried using the 'Advanced Edit' feature when editing the post? (you should be able to change the title from within there)
    nope, not unless it has been changed recently. http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99682

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tealc View Post
    nope, not unless it has been changed recently. http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99682
    Ah, well, there's your answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Even if I wanted to give that permission out (which I don't) its built into the moderator rank and I can't set set that per usergroup (just checked)
    Silly vBulletin..

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Ah, well, there's your answer:

Silly vBulletin..
    Ahh well thanks for trying

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Add a divination section to all the EOC script sections

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

i know that there is a bit of a pause at the moment in that we are waiting for SRL-6 and the script section for RS3 is pretty much empty but i feel that a little more activity needs to be pumped into the forum in order for it to continue. obviously i am still new around here and haven't actually been around for the last few weeks due to work, but i would still really like to see it pick up.

when looking at the new posts, i can see back over 24hrs on the first page :/

maybe a way to do this would be through more competitions and trying to involve people more in development. for example hold a competition in which people must design there own method(s) to re-organise the RS3 GUI into a bot friendly arrangement ... and/or other required segments of code, not only will people get involved but with how ever many peoples individual answers to the problem, we should end up with a rather eloquent solution (i would hope ).

i definitely feel that a key feature of this forum is the teaching that happens and peoples willingness to learn. i have really enjoyed my short time on this forum and would love to see the activity pick up!

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EngageTheRage View Post
    i know that there is a bit of a pause at the moment in that we are waiting for SRL-6 and the script section for RS3 is pretty much empty but i feel that a little more activity needs to be pumped into the forum in order for it to continue. obviously i am still new around here and haven't actually been around for the last few weeks due to work, but i would still really like to see it pick up.

when looking at the new posts, i can see back over 24hrs on the first page :/

maybe a way to do this would be through more competitions and trying to involve people more in development. for example hold a competition in which people must design there own method(s) to re-organise the RS3 GUI into a bot friendly arrangement ... and/or other required segments of code, not only will people get involved but with how ever many peoples individual answers to the problem, we should end up with a rather eloquent solution (i would hope ).

i definitely feel that a key feature of this forum is the teaching that happens and peoples willingness to learn. i have really enjoyed my short time on this forum and would love to see the activity pick up!
    That's a neat idea. But I really think things will pick up with SRL-6 is released (which is going to be really soon ).

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

That's a neat idea. But I really think things will pick up with SRL-6 is released (which is going to be really soon ).
    Yeah once SRL-6 is released things will pick up for sure.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

@Daniel

Currently to my knowledge when somebody reports a post, a thread is made in the mod section or whatever containing the report. Anyway, sometimes after I report maybe a spammer (because I think it's just a spam post) I see another spam post by that person and find that the person is still spamming or a spambot. This means that I will have to report them again and create another thread with that report(if it's important enough). Sometimes I don't want to report another post just because I don't want to create another thread but there is the possibility that the mod/mods may overlook other spam posts if any. Maybe when a person reports something, they can view just their report thread much like the member application process. This way they can add/edit the thread about the incident instead of spamming up the section. And of source handled reports could be moved to the archive were you could no longer see them(unlike Member apps)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

@Daniel

Currently to my knowledge when somebody reports a post, a thread is made in the mod section or whatever containing the report. Anyway, sometimes after I report maybe a spammer (because I think it's just a spam post) I see another spam post by that person and find that the person is still spamming or a spambot. This means that I will have to report them again and create another thread with that report(if it's important enough). Sometimes I don't want to report another post just because I don't want to create another thread but there is the possibility that the mod/mods may overlook other spam posts if any.
    Just report each individual post that you think is spam. If you state something along the lines of "this user has been spamming non-stop for the past 2 hours", or "this user has made the same thread in ten different places", then that will prompt us to look into their post history and delete any irrelevant thread/posts. If it is clear that a user is a spam bot, then you need only report once.

Maybe when a person reports something, they can view just their report thread much like the member application process. This way they can add/edit the thread about the incident instead of spamming up the section. And of source handled reports could be moved to the archive were you could no longer see them(unlike Member apps)
    That is unlikely to happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

i guide for setup

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leeds4eva View Post
    i guide for setup
    There are plenty.
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Undefined View Post
    There are plenty.
    not for the new oldschool set up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I want to see IRC operators whom are fair!
    Last edited by Rubix; 11-05-2013 at 06:32 PM.
    <Wizzup> And he's a Christian
    <Wizzup> So he MUST be trusted

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information