Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas on bot detection.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)

Default Ideas on bot detection.

"20. Are you working to take down the major bot sites right now?
    MMG: Yeah, absolutely. Part of the bot watch and Optimus launch, Botany Bay, will also be us trying to take down the last two botmakers, Epic Bot and Power Bot, so Aadil and Burt, we’re coming after you."
    and another
    "MMG: Bot watch is about what they do in-game. It’s not about the programs you’re running, It’s not about where you’ve been, your internet history, it’s about what you do in-game. Alluding to that point, I was reading the forums and some suspicious people are going “Oh JAG is the precursor to their Bot Watch. It’s absolutely not. The two systems are unrelated. JAG’s just about locking down safe devices, trusted devices for yourself. Bot Watch is about picking up what you do in-game. That disseminates you from a normal player."

and another
    32. Botters currently have a variety of different types of botting platforms such as Injection, Reflection, Colour and most recently, OpenGL. So, my question is, will your new anti-bot system target specific types of bots, or will it detect and ban all types equally?
    MMG: All.
    Mark: All bots.
    MMG: Specially the colour pickers. Just ‘cause we haven’t touched them for a while.
    Mark: We are confident that every sort of bot that is currently running in RuneScape will get identified and taken out by Bot Watch.

Found this while digging through info on different sources. (is there any truth to this?)

This is the info from rswiki on botwatch

- Botwatch is able to profile accounts and determine whether or not they are using botting software.

- it monitors an account's actions and determines whether or not it is human behavior.

- Certain checks are also in place to determine whether or not the game is being played using an official Jagex client.

- Botwatch system has banned players directly, making it the first automated banning system

My opinion on bot detection

- Type or nature of script being ran can affect getting banned

- Location on where you bot

- Player reports (i highly doubt this has any effect at all as with the number of dragon bots running around in every world lasting for months now)

- Anti- bans to provide human like actions really help

- Break system greatly helps with no getting banned

- Moderation on botting / not for long hours w/o breaks and no determined time on botting or breaking (should be random)

- Never rush on a max stat or 99 clearly they could see how long your account existed and getting a 99 in the fastest time is just shouting out bot.

The environment in our community doesnt show that we have gold farming bots and the fact that detecting with colour is hard as runescape is built that npcs/monsters/objects in game has identical colour with the surroundings.

Share you experience or ideas on how we could evade detection or lessen the chance of bans that is already so low

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Me and @No Lifer; were discussing bot detection over Skype yesterday, we found something quite interesting...

[1/26/2015 9:45:23 PM] KeepBotting: Check this out
    [1/26/2015 9:45:39 PM] KeepBotting: http://www.webcitation.org/62mt28ws6
    [1/26/2015 9:46:33 PM] KeepBotting: From that wikia page, contains a quote from Mod Pauls stating that IP banning is believed to be "unreliable" and if it was "that simple," it would "have happened in 2001/2002"

More or less definitive evidence that IP bans aren't a thing. However, it was also stated...

[1/26/2015 9:52:00 PM] KeepBotting: Kinda pointless either way, twelvie noobs who don't actually have a concept of what an IP is will still scream "ip ban z0mg"

Just adding to the discussion a bit
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)

Our bans of bots have always been a mixture of automatic and manual banning.
    Reporting bots does help a lot, as some of the more robust detection methods do involve manual checking of information and with millions of accounts to check through, reports do help us decide which ones to focus on.

- checking logs of reported characters behind the scenes.

from that link you gave Kb. about reports which i higly doubt gets you banned unless a mod performs a manual check
    after your account comes up a number of times.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanempire View Post
    Our bans of bots have always been a mixture of automatic and manual banning.
    Reporting bots does help a lot, as some of the more robust detection methods do involve manual checking of information and with millions of accounts to check through, reports do help us decide which ones to focus on.

from that link you gave Kb. about reports which i higly doubt gets you banned unless a mod performs a manual check
    after your account comes up a number of times.
    Well to be fair, the link is a cached page from 2010 so I dunno how relevant it is. I don't think player reports are a huge factor though.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmMtcjXhSDQ

"Bot reports show areas where there are a number of bots"

basically reports mark areas where bots are.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

the full link incase anybody else wants to read the rest of it http://services.runescape.com/m=rswi...ng_Live_Stream

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmMtcjXhSDQ

"Bot reports show areas where there are a number of bots"

basically reports mark areas where bots are.
    Makes sense ... that'd explain how they came about the "botting heatmaps" that were released some time ago; https://tribot.org/forums/topic/3578...ting-heat-map/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)

still doesnt explain how other dragon bots last for so long surviving with 99 melee cb and 1 on other stats

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

still doesnt explain how other dragon bots last for so long surviving with 99 melee cb and 1 on other stats
    I was raging before about that, it is very hard to explain how.

Watched them in action, and atleast from outside they seem to be very primitive i mean the bot which is most heavily used. Basicly besides mine i think there are only 2 dragon script engines. The ones ranging sometimes with pray on and the ones which has the most bots opengl/reflection bots?

They tend to go after every kill no matter they got drop or no to the same exzact tile drop should be one, that should be instant ban even for that but they seem to average around 2-4 weeks lifespan.

Tried to lure dragons on top of the steep hill or in the deep shaft and they still doesnt miss that tile no matter the terrain, so i doubt they use open gl since i dont think it can get exact tile location. Not to mention they never passed that action even when their screen should have been covered with hill/tree/another dragon. Seems like they either rightclick everytime and has their angle set to high always. So pretty botty.

Everyone runs when attacked straight east. Sometimes they synchronize their moves, but their lifespan is abit higher than mine ones. Not to mention they have like 3 walkpaths with hardcoded walking points.

At one point None of them every world was picking bones (probably id changed or something) My bots went like 10 straight hours without even killing one dragon just looting their nonpicked bones and quess what?

Mine looters banned their fail script bots survived....Had conspiracy that prolly botter pay jagex not to ban them. Made researche actually i tried static coordinates coming to loot spot, well sometimes missed cause of the surface not being even and quess what? my lifespan becomes 90 mins...Same with walking path, if i use always m failsafe which was going around 18 wild lvl from lodesdone till dragons same happens 60-90 mins BAM account
    banned in action..

Also somehow seems like varrock drags are most heavily watched spot then comes castle drags then chaos tunnels, revenenants, then moss. Since very similar bots has very huge deviation in lifespan compared to location. Also rangers survive uncomparably longer too. So reports may be the case there, the more bottish your account is and the more botted place the higher chance of ban. Those seems to have highest impact on ban rate: highest is appearance, then place, then script quality. So yeah reports may heavily increase ban rates.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)

Ive seen so much variety towards dragon bots

Locations:
    Taverley dungeon (Blue dragons)

- Non 75 shortcut users
    - lvl 75 shortcut users (two versions of these [one who uses auto sentences about their level in agility or a random skill], one who just goes through it)

Get-up

- Full rune (rune chainbody) abyssal whip/ADS
    - Dragon platelegs, Dragon helm, Granite Body, Abyssal Whip/ADS

Chaos Tunnels (Green Dragon/Black Dragon)

- Abyssal Whip,ADS
    - Variation of Rune set/Dragon/Granite

North of Black knight fortress

- formerly using ring of dueling as tele
    - now using tele tabs
    - teles once pk`d

And i think this urs cosmaz the one using pyre logs

High Level Wilderness Green Drags

- Variation of Melee and Ranged

This is the one i was most surprised off

Brimhaven Dungeon (Red Dragons/Iron/Steel Drags)

- Pure 99 Melee stats (all 1 or random low stats on others)
    - Abyssal whip/ADS

Conclusion: How do they last long/not get banned.
    They Killed Dbones/Hide economy
    Numbers are too large for jagex not to care.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

And i think this urs cosmaz the one using pyre logs

Conclusion: How do they last long/not get banned.
    They Killed Dbones/Hide economy
    Numbers are too large for jagex not to care.
    Those are mine with logs, seems best place to bot for low cmb lvl and least ban chance besides blue/red/metal drags. But nowadays you can see one maybe two. Farming red spider eggs mostly now and few papayas. And drags bot needs rework again cause lately varrock ones were getting crushed with ban hammer like flies one after another.

Also botted few blue drags resource dungeon and had while ago brimhaven red ones.

And about lasting i got few accounts max either meele with def or range with def at red and blue ones. At greens got teens of 70-90 range/str + 65-70def. Way more rangers than meelers survived. If i correctly remember only one meeler survived greens past 80str+att. If you take large amounts of accounts used for me out of like around 70-90 accounts survived atleast 2 weeks around 25. And 2 of them maxed.

But still other type of bots somewhow survive toolong in my opinion. Maybe they know something we dont. For example some botters said they relog every or few trips their accounts so in their opinion sbotwatch after logout frees gathered information. But doubt that.

And yep numbers huge and jagex cares but there is one exception. That engine which is mostly used which goes to killed drag loot spot every kill if it gets kill or not seems like nearly untouchable while other better ones are dropped like flies. For example nude praying rangers. Bots seems sometimes wear different gear but their behaviour is nearly exzactly the same not depending on drags they bot thats why isay there isnt much variation on engines. Probably 2 with variations + private ones like mine, but mine is small one and prolly unnoticable to others. Well seems like you have spotted it

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)

Could anyone confirm the fact that they can detect dual client opened (even one simba one legit)?.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

reports dont do shit ive heard.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

They look at reports only after an account has been flagged by botwatch and is up for a manual ban/review (as opposed to those accounts that are automatically banned).

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
    Stance on Leechers

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)

And botwatch only monitors what you do in-game. (gold farming is a hazard)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by core View Post
    They look at reports only after an account has been flagged by botwatch and is up for a manual ban/review (as opposed to those accounts that are automatically banned).
    I thought it's the other way around. If you get reported a lot, they 'focus' botwatch on you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)

Apparently getting reported puts ur account in an archive of reported people waiting to
    be inspected. or it just marks you.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Default Osrs

I have recently return to scripting; i started a new account and used scripts for upto 24 hours. I eventually got banned after 2 weeks of erratic behavior of scripts.

I will conclude with my thoughts and observations...

Most good scripts have at least beaten their detection for now; though posting these publicly greatly increases detection rates; fortunately most scripts fall to the bottom of forums as they become old and the functions become obsolete. Otherwise good scripts are constantly be re-innovated or updated.reating a "dog chasing it's tail" scenario, the scripting community leads with innovation; then JAGEX must publish materials they are taking down bots; instead they are trying quickly to create a solution.
    MANUAL BANS ARE CONSTANT - sometimes they correlate with whining of people screaming bots!

I too believe most bans are due to flagging; these can come in many forms; i will point out the obvious to me.

- MissClicks: As i was modifying scripts and creating my own hybrids sometimes i would miss click 'mining rock' too many times.
    I think Miss clicks or stuck loops immediately alerts a flag. One account typed the loggin twice; the second time to runescape =p now they know my password >.<
    Banned within the hour; i had strange feeling it would, as this account had gotten 85 mining; almost 80 woodcuutting; 80ish fletch 70ish smtih and a measly 50 combat.
    accomplished in a few days atmost. all items dropped instead of banking.. ,,<-- banking greatly diminishes a scripts detection, even on a poor script. look at the level 3's at caverly they last weeks sometimes before the eventual ban

- Too many script hours, is an obvious; maybe bans are not necessarily due to games hours. read below (RANDOMS)

- RANDOMS: I believe if you failed or currently ignore. Instead of dismissing the random, After time they become more frequent - leading to more being ignored or (failed), as the normal player wouldsimply dismiss them or sometime randomly do them. INEEDBOT is a great example, his scripts dismiss the randoms... whereas the scripts i used on the account that became banned i made my own bare bones scripts which never did this.

I logged back in on my main sometime ago; i wanted to go pking so i drop traded a few million or so from my holding account; which also is level 99 mining 70 smithing a few quests.. hadnt been touched in couple years. instant ban - GOLD FARMING. now i use two computers to trade. My main recently got what i believe was a 2 day manual ban, either by a mod who scene me chopping yews or by computer algorithm seeing my inactiving and all of a sudden mass level and goldfarming. i missed an update also. got home re-logged in let idle to un-logged repeated for 3 times and the messaged appeared - no rolled back never mind 100's millions that has been gold-farmed and traded to and from from the account; and the account is almost strictly botted; besides quests. ( Now Has Become My Holding Account )No Loss. My new account should surpass it before the end of the week besides Mining/smithing i believe high ban rates.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

REPORTS are secondary evidence in all cases; they also provide JAGEX with area polluted by bad bots among other things, these are generally targeted.. so reporting the neighboring bot isn't helping anyone but JAGEX.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)

Gold farming really is dangerous. specially when you transfer them to a main
    get both accounts banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

The only account I have been banned on, and I'm talking recently, (I've been banned back in the day using Aryan), was about two weeks ago using a powerbot fishing script at barbarian village. My other accounts running the SAME script were not banned, and I have no idea why. I've since only been using Simba scripts (on about 5 accounts). I was not even booting a long time using powerbot <1 hour, and I was banned. I usually say that notting time is a huge factor of whether or not you're banned, but this wasn't the case for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

We have bots, our bots pay for membership.
    Membership = $ = They don't care = They have to show that they are 'doing something about bots' or their 'real-person' player base would vanish.
    They can sit there all day and say how much they wish they didn't have bots but I personally think it's just a front. No bots = Jagex would die.
    They need us and they know it. Sure they still dish out bans but lets be realistic, it's all business.

I think detection goes on how 'obvious' you are botting.. When I say obvious take into account; risk of method (some may already be botwatched), sufficient break times, amount of bots on the same method, anti-bans, and stability of the script.

I've heard through the grape vine that scripts get patterned.
    I personally think they don't and that 'botWatch' only kicks in and flags areas/accounts that have too much activity on that particular method - aka obvious botting.
    I also think that If you're using a method via simba that powerbot/epicbot/etc have to offer (free or paid).. you're increasing your chance for a ban.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

honestly your bot being detected and account depends primarily on three things: botting hotspots, script quality, and taking breaks and stuffs. Do these 3 well and you are probably not going to get banned

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)

Script quality - anonymous guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I've used my own, pretty terrible scripts, to get 99 crafting with no issues. I was also doing quite a few hours of gold bars at the same time. I'd swap between manually playing and botting every 60mins or so. This basically would look like I got bored of concentrating and started to slack off/watch a video or something.

Most likely its up to who ever is botting to babysit, if you don't babysit you can probably guess you were reported/didn't respond to someone or something else quite obvious like that.

Babysitting is key to not being banned in my opinion. Also having a pmod on your friends list who you chat to regularly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information