Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mayor Member!?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Default The Mayor Member!?

The Mayor got demoted recently. He was one of our most active developers. He also had the heart to lend some of his scripting knowledge to noobs like me through his scripting tutorials. He is one of the main members that has kept this community going, and growing. I think we deserve an answer.

I am not the only person that feels this way:

Quote Originally Posted by yourule97 View Post
    It's so sad to see someone leave so suddenly.... The Mayor PM'ed me after I had posted my first script to encourage me to keep learning and try my hand at a competition. I wouldn't be here without him.
    Yet another person feels like they need an answer:

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    I am deeply surprised and disturbed that the Mayor got demoted and I find it pretty hard to believe that he would just leave without any explanation or post about it if it was really just because of some infraction or accidentally leaking a link somewhere. I don't think it's right for someone to just out of the blue (at least from my view and what little info I have) take away dev from the one of the very few red ranks (at least in rs3 and from what I see, @Justin; and @Ashaman88; are the other two) that actively help people out and try to make this community, which at least from what I knew before joining had an image of being somewhat of an elitist and 'screw noobs who do not know how to write an OS' type of place, more open and welcoming.

If the Mayor truly did something heinous to deserve his punishment, surely then explaining it in an announcement post can't be a negative thing at all, in most online forums/companies/groups it's basically mandatory... or if he desired the reason to stay private at least telling us about that wish. Not saying anything will make people assume the worst of both the Mayor and the people that made this decision.

It's outrageous not saying anything. It's like Amazon saying they sacked Jeff Bezos because...you know...he did...some stuff? idk...
    Why join the navy if you can be a pirate? -Steve Jobs

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

This really isn't yours, mine or anyone's business, it's most likely best to leave it be.
    Tsunami

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidity View Post
    This really isn't yours, mine or anyone's business, it's most likely best to leave it be.
    This. ^

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

I hate assumptions... Unless knowledge to back it up but even then I still dislike them. If you don't know it's probably because you don't need to know.
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Speculation can create nasty rumors. We don't want to discredit The Mayor or anybody involved with what happened. If he makes a public statement about it, then we'll know. Until then, it's not our place.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Pretty sure this is a forum issue, which sorta makes it a personal issue. Demotion isn't really a thing that's happened before from SRL-Member either. If any Member breaks the rules, by all means, ban him. But demoting someone because some set of admins / whatever think that they aren't worthy of the status is a little controlling. It takes the power out of the community and is pure bullshit. Mayor didn't break any rules, he had an opinion.

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    Pretty sure this is a forum issue, which sorta makes it a personal issue. Demotion isn't really a thing that's happened before from SRL-Member either. If any Member breaks the rules, by all means, ban him. But demoting someone because some set of admins / whatever think that they aren't worthy of the status is a little controlling. It takes the power out of the community and is pure bullshit. Mayor didn't break any rules, he had an opinion.
    Well at the end of the day he did leak a screenshot from SSRL thread, it wasn't in a bad intention but that's besides the point. So I could understand getting SSRL taken away from him.. but all the rest is pure bullshit he's the only one who kept srl-6 going and you (Daniel) take that all away from him.

To sum it all up Daniel isn't even apart of this community he doesn't know shit about who does what and the whole situation was awfully handled, didn't even ask for mayors side of the story or even what clarity thought.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Well at the end of the day he did leak a screenshot from SSRL thread, it wasn't in a bad intention but that's besides the point. So I could understand getting SSRL taken away from him.. but all the rest is pure bullshit he's the only one who kept srl-6 going and you (Daniel) take that all away from him.

To sum it all up Daniel isn't even apart of this community he doesn't know shit about who does what and the whole situation was awfully handled, didn't even ask for mayors side of the story or even what clarity thought.
    Agreed Completely.. The biggest problem is the fact that @The Mayor; has contributed an unbelievable amount of content to this forum, including the biggest and most complete guide(s) ever done (to my knowledge) and is the only main contributor of SRL-6. It is a shame that regardless of what happens next, Mayor will no longer be coming back to villavu, which is a absolute shame and a massive loss to the entire community. All of which stems from an opinion (albeit a very strong one) and a few lower members who haven't contributed the smallest bit compared to what Mayor has.. I just which that he would have been able to give his side of the story at the very least..

That's all I care to say about the matter
    Last edited by Kyle; 07-18-2015 at 03:30 PM.
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Opinions are not a valid reason for demotion, Kasi. You know that..
    No-one is holding Mayor back from speaking up or giving his side of the story, elfyyy.

If Mayor is/was interested in continuing developing for SRL, he would speak up. Losing a developer is of course quite sad, but he has not been banned. He still has access to the forums, he can still continue to develop SRL through pull requests.

Speculation can create nasty rumors. We don't want to discredit The Mayor or anybody involved with what happened. If he makes a public statement about it, then we'll know. Until then, it's not our place.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

if somebody deserves to be a SSRL member its @The Mayor; tbh

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyt3x View Post
    I'm stumped on why he got demoted...anyone wanna provide some clarity? The reasons must be pretty damn obscure.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

I'm stumped on why he got demoted...anyone wanna provide some clarity? The reasons must be pretty damn obscure.
    Pun intended?

Probs leaking the SSRL thing but it wasn't really even like a big leak lol. Almost every SRL members has accidently leaked something

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

This ^

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyt3x View Post
    No-one is holding Mayor back from speaking up or giving his side of the story, elfyyy.

If Mayor is/was interested in continuing developing for SRL, he would speak up. Losing a developer is of course quite sad, but he has not been banned. He still has access to the forums, he can still continue to develop SRL through pull requests.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy259 View Post
    This ^
    We are admins on villavu, we take drastic action without even giving a reason behind it, pretty much the same as denying anything happened. No wonder why Daniel can't make a post everyone would see through his bullshit.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

what the actual f***? how did this happen? in my opinion this guy is the biggest part of the community(ATM), he is the reason why me and TONS of other people are here in the first place... he has kept this place alive and if it were not for him this would probably have less than half of the activity it has today.

I believe it would be more than reasonable to give a full explanation on this situation, taking into account that ALWAYS that an explanation is not given, rumours appear, and we all know what they cause.

Expecting official explanation on this.

-Lipcot.
    Formerly known as Undorak7

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

wtf.

The Mayor is one of few people that actually do something here.
    If it wasnt for his guide(s), the community would probably be 3x smaller.
    No joke.

gf

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

All I've got to say is @Zyt3x has said something that's not even debatable, if he was interested he would of stayed. There might have been more going on but it honestly isn't our business and ranting about it is only stirring unnecessary chaos.
    Tsunami

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

All I've got to say is @Zyt3x has said something that's not even debatable, if he was interested he would of stayed. There might have been more going on but it honestly isn't our business and ranting about it is only stirring unnecessary chaos.
    Let me just remove years of work from you... And see if you want to keep on doing the same.
    Oh, and I should totally know whats going on at the very least.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Let me just remove years of work from you... And see if you want to keep on doing the same.
    Oh, and I should totally know whats going on at the very least.
    You do know what's going on I'm sure you personally have heard Mayors and other people's side of the story. Years of work wouldn't of been taken from him if he didn't break the rules. Point is he did was he did and it's irreversible. Arguing and being mad over it won't solve anything. You need to let time take it's stand and wait it out.
    Tsunami

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Cool you read my Skype location which isn't anywhere near accurate. You're so immature bringing irrelevant things up. Notice my forum account says USA? I'm sure an Admin+ could geoloc. my IP and confirm. You're also bringing things up that aren't true. You're what's wrong with this community.
    And yet your the one that keeps the debate going. Not me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

It's so sad to see someone leave so suddenly.... The Mayor PM'ed me after I had posted my first script to encourage me to keep learning and try my hand at a competition. I wouldn't be here without him.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Lucidity, Clarity, Obscurity, some sort of trend here?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Lucidity, Clarity, Obscurity, some sort of trend here?
    "Clarity
    Obscurity
    Lucidity
    Transparancy
    Opacity
    Obliquity
    Translucency
    Also:
    Pregnancy
    Dormancy
    Idiocy
    Homogeneity"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swag Bag View Post
    "Clarity
    Obscurity
    Lucidity
    Transparancy
    Opacity
    Obliquity
    Translucency
    Also:
    Pregnancy
    Dormancy
    Idiocy
    Homogeneity"
    ~The Mayor, 2015

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

the easiest way of ending the "chaos" is telling EXACTLY what happened.. if not you leave room for speculation and this will cause more problems.

Its obvious that if you work for years contributing to a community and someday someone comes and takes something so important away from you, you'll be SO SO angry and feel so "betrayed" that you will end up leaving forever...
    Formerly known as Undorak7

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information