Thread: The new RiD Genesis

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Sarcasm detector failed
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

@Flight; @YoHoJo; @The Mayor; @Rich;

How dare you guys question Trents! credibility.. he clearly has inside information on everything related to RiD. We can clearly see screenshots of this new RiD Genesis in action, and Trent is not known to go around on 15 different forums spreading the word of RiD, so we know hes credible. AI computer 3D texture OCR bio metric matrix logarithmic HUD pattern shape recognition is clearly the way of the future. It sickens me to think that people think this stuff is 'fake'.

Not

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

To be honest, I hope our cynicism is proved wrong, so that when RiD Genesis comes out with all this glory, SRL can respond with the exact same thing, but for free. Paying for bots is lolz.

We've had slayer scripts, and I'm getting there on a beta dungeoneering. Let the games begin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    To be honest, I hope our cynicism is proved wrong, so that when RiD Genesis comes out with all this glory, SRL can respond with the exact same thing, but for free. Paying for bots is lolz.

We've had slayer scripts, and I'm getting there on a beta dungeoneering. Let the games begin.
    I'm getting there on a beta dungeoneering
    I'm getting there on a beta dungeoneering

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

There will always be fanboys. I agree with Clarity, I hope the Genesis will be a success, will give us something to pursue.
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

key words "getting there" and "beta"
    So what you're saying is 95% done?

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    @Flight; @YoHoJo; @The Mayor; @Rich;

How dare you guys question Trents! credibility.. he clearly has inside information on everything related to RiD. We can clearly see screenshots of this new RiD Genesis in action, and Trent is not known to go around on 15 different forums spreading the word of RiD, so we know hes credible. AI computer 3D texture OCR bio metric matrix logarithmic HUD pattern shape recognition is clearly the way of the future. It sickens me to think that people think this stuff is 'fake'.

Not
    Sounds like someone must be butthurt. None of what I've said is impossible. I've shown the details of the project to degree heads at my university, and they all were intrigued by it, and all agreed that it was definitely a possible project, and that they'd be surprised if a project that large would be released in less than 6 months of development from a single developer. It's not like we're talking about anything that's wildly outrageous or impossible. With the right programming background and enough time and money, it's only a matter of time for such a project to be completed.

If you wanna be condescending or rude, go for it, but just know that every post you make will only make you look dumber and dumber when the project is finally complete.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

There really isn't much to gain by speculating like this unfortunately. Until it has been released, RiD is the only one who knows if/how well it works. It might work exactly as advertised, it might be mediocre, or it might not work at all and get cancelled/delayed indefinitely. Until RiD actually releases actual information about it nobody knows.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trent! View Post
    Sounds like someone must be butthurt. None of what I've said is impossible. I've shown the details of the project to degree heads at my university, and they all were intrigued by it, and all agreed that it was definitely a possible project, and that they'd be surprised if a project that large would be released in less than 6 months of development from a single developer. It's not like we're talking about anything that's wildly outrageous or impossible. With the right programming background and enough time and money, it's only a matter of time for such a project to be completed.

If you wanna be condescending or rude, go for it, but just know that every post you make will only make you look dumber and dumber when the project is finally complete.

Nobody was questioning if it can be done, merely if it will be done and when. There have been a few "big ideas" over the years, and many have caused a lot of hype but never eventuated to anything.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

I'd have to agree 100% with this.

Also, aimed at you, Clarity, you might be interested in @zmon's work on his 3D Engine which he had planned to use for creating a Dungeoneering script.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    He'd nearly had me fooled
    Not quite?

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Desirousphere View Post
    Not quite?
    You just fooled me :s
    I saw new post on thread, I clicked it, I thought it was mine, I got confused.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I did the same, I naturally thought it was you. Anyways, let's try not to derail this thread.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    Oh, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    I did the same, I naturally thought it was you. Anyways, let's try not to derail this thread.
    That might be a good idea.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

@Trent!; I'm sorry if I've overlooked it but is there a launch date for this yet? Also, have any teasers been released yet, like in-action pictures or videos?
    Last edited by Flight; 04-13-2014 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Grammar mistakes...

Current projects:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    @Trent!; I'm sorry if I've overlooked it but is there a launch date for this yet? Also, have any teasers been released yet, like in-action pictures or videos?
    @Flight; Unfortunately, no, there's not. This is the most recent update we have:
    Quote Originally Posted by RiD
    Just to give you guys an update, I finished the visual processing and while preparing to create some test suites, figured I can kill two birds with one stone by coding some parts of the GUI now - which saves me creating some GUIs just for testing purposes.

So I'm currently putting together some substantial parts of the GUI for Genesis, which will take around two weeks.

Phase one of the GUI is creating an 'environment' for your bot to work in (you might want to create an environment for RS for example), phase two of the GUI is the creation of bots to work within that 'environment'.

Phase one of the GUI is what I'm working on now, after that I'll quickly test/debug the remaining parts of visual processing (have already tested the more complex elements of visual processing like map reading and game-world reading, just need to test that it can read all the various types of interface now).
    Then it will be on to bot creation! Which is the 'end-game' of the Genesis project.
    However... it is a complex task, and exactly how long that will take is impossible to estimate at this point.

So I have no release date to report. I won't be able to give a more accurate estimate on completion till I get to grips with the botmaking elements of the code. I haven't reached that stage yet, but I am working hard, and as efficiently as possible.

Just wanted to thank the community for your patience, because you guys have been awesome. Thanks for the support, and every one of you who's posted encouragement here, I appreciate it.

Will be back to post another update in around 2-3 weeks, when I have a better perspective on the amount of work there is still left to do.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

This project reminds me of the good ole' days using 'GhostMouse'.

Before it was just the recording of mouse movements (blew my mind)!...Now having everything scripted for you! Goodness! what is next, voice command recognition.

-P1nky

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

There was a new update posted the other day:

Quote Originally Posted by RiD
    I mentioned a few days ago in the chatbox, but for anyone who missed it, I am still working on the interfaces.

Changed a few things in the structure of the code, to simplify things and make it easier to configure. It's probably added 2 weeks to the development time, and there could yet be a few more days worth of work I want to expand on with the interfaces.

Just have to take it as it comes.
    As was the case in the last update, I plan to give a more accurate estimate on release date when I finish working on the interfaces and make a start on the final stages of Genesis - the botmaking.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

http://www.robotzindisguise.com/foru...y-2014-release

Hmmm
    Looks kinda cool.

But how exactly does one 'read' animations?
    GLHook can see animations although with the counters, seeing animations is pretty much useless. The way it works is your character has an ID based on what it wears, but if it does some action that other than the basic walking, running, attacking(not sure on this one). Ex. emote, climbing, etc, it will have a different ID but those are constants so everytime the same action is done, it will show the same ID on the screen thus making animation detection possible. This is useful for animations that use tools as woodcutting yields different ID from standing last I checked. As long as you don't change your appearance, the IDs should remain constant. Though it is much easier to monitor XP counters or Inventory to see if an action was made.
    GLH Tutorial ~ OpenGL Scripting
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1292150

GLH Scripts ~ Abyssal Scripts
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1293187
    Current Projects:
    A) DemiseSlayer Pro (Released/100%).
    B) Demise Power Miner(Released/100%).
    C) Demise Pyramid Plunder(Planning Stage/0%).

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DemiseScythe View Post
    GLHook can see animations although with the counters, seeing animations is pretty much useless. The way it works is your character has an ID based on what it wears, but if it does some action that other than the basic walking, running, attacking(not sure on this one). Ex. emote, climbing, etc, it will have a different ID but those are constants so everytime the same action is done, it will show the same ID on the screen thus making animation detection possible. This is useful for animations that use tools as woodcutting yields different ID from standing last I checked. As long as you don't change your appearance, the IDs should remain constant. Though it is much easier to monitor XP counters or Inventory to see if an action was made.
    With color though, not with GLhook, I know the SRL randoms did it with the mime solver and pixel shift but it would be difficult to incorporate that into main rs

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

With color though, not with GLhook, I know the SRL randoms did it with the mime solver and pixel shift but it would be difficult to incorporate that into main rs
    I wrote one of the mine solvers. I detected the animations using DTMs and looking for specific unique frames in each animation. It isn't hard either but pixelshift still works in main RS. It is just not accurate unless the settings are correct.
    GLH Tutorial ~ OpenGL Scripting
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1292150

GLH Scripts ~ Abyssal Scripts
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1293187
    Current Projects:
    A) DemiseSlayer Pro (Released/100%).
    B) Demise Power Miner(Released/100%).
    C) Demise Pyramid Plunder(Planning Stage/0%).

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Guys let's please keep the thread on track...

Current projects:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information