Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon cashback guide

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Default Amazon cashback guide

That title really makes this thread sound like a spam bot has posted this thread...

Anyway, loads of people use Amazon and I'd be surprised if there's no one here who this guide can help out. This is totally legal and puts your Amazon account at no risk whatsoever.

All you need to do is go through your previous orders and look for items where the price has gone down by a decent amount since your purchased it. Once you've found an item you want some money back on open a live chat and, for your initial message to the rep, say something along the lines of

I bought X and noticed the price has gone down since I purchased it. Would there be any chance of getting the difference back?
    Obviously give all the info the rep asks for, such as your name, email and order number.

Some reps won't do it if the item was purchased a long time ago because Amazon's policy states that they will only refund the difference if the order was made in the last week. However, if that happens just open another chat and try another rep. It might take a few tries, but eventually you should get lucky and a rep will "make an exception". I managed to get money back earlier on an order I made in September last year, and again for one made in November. Got lucky on the first order and the first rep I spoke to refunded me. The second item took 4 reps, but £40 back for 10 minutes work isn't exactly bad!

As far as I know this is good for all items, and like I said there's no need to worry about getting your account blacklisted, unlike some other methods of getting money out of Amazon.

Hope it helps a few people out!
    Last edited by Rich; 04-10-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Jesus, no wonder you're Rich.

Thanks for the share! I use amazon and am a prime member, I have a **** ton of purchases, let me try

I'll edit back with my success/failure

EDIT: every order I've looked at so far the price has actually GONE up since i purchased(or remained the same)

edit2: I went through 30+ orders, only found 1 where the price dropped, it only dropped 1 dollar so i didn't bother trying. But I'll tuck this idea away, good find Rich!
    Last edited by footballjds; 04-10-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footballjds View Post
    Jesus, no wonder you're Rich.

Thanks for the share! I use amazon and am a prime member, I have a **** ton of purchases, let me try

I'll edit back with my success/failure

EDIT: every order I've looked at so far the price has actually GONE up since i purchased(or remained the same)

edit2: I went through 30+ orders, only found 1 where the price dropped, it only dropped 1 dollar so i didn't bother trying. But I'll tuck this idea away, good find Rich!
    No worries man, and that sucks

Hopefully it'll turn out useful in the future though!
    <3

I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    No worries man, and that sucks

Hopefully it'll turn out useful in the future though!
    yeah, i was surprised, most items actually cost more, some even $10 more! Most items were the same or $1-5 more

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Luck of the draw depending on what you buy I suppose. My orders are pretty much the complete opposite of yours; most have gone down in price since I ordered.
    <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

This is awesome. Is there a general call center, or is everything filtered by region?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrkeen View Post
    This is awesome. Is there a general call center, or is everything filtered by region?
    Sorry man, I should've replied sooner. As far as I'm aware each country has it's own support centre, but outside work hours queries are handled elsewhere in the world.
    <3

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sgtwalrusfur View Post
    Or you could say it never arrived and get the full refund.
    That is also illegal, and a shady thing to do...

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    252 Post(s)

nice! im new to amazon, i didnt know that. bought 3 sunglasses for 12 bucks the other day (cha chingggg)

also, some shopping sites use your cookies and such to check if youve been the page before and will raise the price if you have. this is popular for hotels and airlines so you should always clear your cookies when shopping!

View my OSR Script Repository!

Botted to max
    Guides: How to Report Bugs to the Scripter
    ~~~~ Moved to Java. Currently Lurking ~~~~

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [XoL] View Post
    That is also illegal, and a shady thing to do...
    And depending how crappy the delivery company is, happens on accident. When I ordered my Raspberry Pi, I got a message saying it was delivered and signed for, although it never got to my house. a few days later I decided to talk to a rep about getting a refund, and as soon as it happened UPS finally dropped it off. I was able to cancel the refund before it went through thankfully

on topic: I see a few things that I could get refunded for. Thanks for the info
    <TViYH> i had a dream about you again awkwardsaw
    Malachi 2:3

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Awkwardsaw View Post
    And depending how crappy the delivery company is, happens on accident. When I ordered my Raspberry Pi, I got a message saying it was delivered and signed for, although it never got to my house. a few days later I decided to talk to a rep about getting a refund, and as soon as it happened UPS finally dropped it off. I was able to cancel the refund before it went through thankfully

on topic: I see a few things that I could get refunded for. Thanks for the info
    For sure if it wasn't delivered by all means request the refund but what that guy was implying is a crappy human being type of thing to do.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    252 Post(s)

does this depend on shipping? like those glasses i bought the other day were 12 dollars to buy and free shipping, and today they are 6 dollars to buy and 6 dollars to ship.

View my OSR Script Repository!

Botted to max
    Guides: How to Report Bugs to the Scripter
    ~~~~ Moved to Java. Currently Lurking ~~~~

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sk1nyNerd View Post
    does this depend on shipping? like those glasses i bought the other day were 12 dollars to buy and free shipping, and today they are 6 dollars to buy and 6 dollars to ship.
    Honestly no idea. Could give it try though and report back
    <3

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sgtwalrusfur View Post
    How is it a crappy thing to do when Amazon makes 72 billion a year? It's not like they're losing even .001% of their company if you did that. Now doing it for a seller who just tries to sell things every here and there and actually holds a job would be pretty immoral. Sorry, I have no sympathy towards companies that can make more in a few minutes then I can in a lifetime.
    Damn son, If every amazon user thinks like that you think they will still be around?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Damn son, If every amazon user thinks like that you think they will still be around?
    Obviously not, but diversity is a good thing, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Be honest tell me the chances.

1.jpg
    2.jpg

I don't think i have a shot in hell honestly XD.
    Also this was a joke wouldn't think about ripping off Amazon, I actually like them as a company.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wire View Post

1.jpg
    2.jpg

Also this was a joke wouldn't think about ripping off Amazon, I actually like them as a company.
    They would ask you why you bought surround sound plus some logitech speakers... something weird is going on there
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    They would need to pay their workers less. Oh wait, they already pay them nothing.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wetish View Post
    They would need to pay their workers less. Oh wait, they already pay them nothing.
    Not really, almost all of their business side employees make really decent wages. Even their warehouse workers make 10-14 USD ($11 is the average for all companies)

Is that crappy? Yes I guess, but its not to say they don't compare or do better than the average.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [XoL] View Post
    Not really, almost all of their business side employees make really decent wages. Even their warehouse workers make 10-14 USD ($11 is the average for all companies)

Is that crappy? Yes I guess, but its not to say they don't compare or do better than the average.
    Don't they get their workers from temp agencies? The workers get zero benefits, aren't guaranteed full time work, and they still have to pay for transportation.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wetish View Post
    Don't they get their workers from temp agencies? The workers get zero benefits, aren't guaranteed full time work, and they still have to pay for transportation.
    Thats only a smaller portion of their workforce, but you are basically putting yourself in that position if you are in a temp agency. People literally only hire from temp agencies for the sole purpose of paying next to nothing, or when they are over loaded with stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wire View Post

1.jpg
    2.jpg

The chances of you getting a refund from saying it never arrived? Not much since it was over a year ago. Maybe if the price dropped you could get a small refund

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is awesome, definitely gonna try this out. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Most things in my case have gone up in price. Protein powder was at 70 now its 91!
    “Oh, hi. So, how are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO"
    http://www.southweststandard.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

This is awesome, Ill be doing this! Ill report back

Reporting back: All my orders went up in price :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information