Thread: Working on a script

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Default Working on a script

Hey,

Been working on a script and have all the basics worked out, im wondering how do i detect loot SRL-6?

i assume there's no way to due to it being colour, is this something that OGL only can do?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

The loot screen or the items on the ground?
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

It's not impossible to do in color, just a bit difficult. You can try searching the minimap for red and then using a function to change the point into a mainscreen point. You could try searching for the color of a guaranteed drop (like bones), click that location, and then using the looting interface to pick what you want. You'd have to get creative.

Ogl would definitely be more powerful, although I'm not too familiar with how it works as I'm not sure if it can detect models under models (e.g. a seed under a pile of bones). You'd need someone else to answer that

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

I presume @bonsai;'s Fighter has a looter of some description, you might be able to get some ideas from it.
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yourule97 View Post
    Ogl would definitely be more powerful, although I'm not too familiar with how it works as I'm not sure if it can detect models under models (e.g. a seed under a pile of bones). You'd need someone else to answer that
    @bucko;

OGL can detect any model visible onscreen, including drops beneath drops. At a certain point, if a pile has too many items, drops will stop being rendered by the game, but still show up in the right click menu. For this reason it's useful to do a model search for the 100% drop, like bones, and then work with the right click menu to get the drop you actually want.

For color only, the red dot point conversion is a good idea. Mayor's GAO also has looting that you can take a look at.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

im not to fussed, for the public release im working towards i only want it to pickup one item, for my private script i want it to do more

ill look into OGL, however i hear the lag that it encounters is not so good?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bucko View Post
    im not to fussed, for the public release im working towards i only want it to pickup one item, for my private script i want it to do more

ill look into OGL, however i hear the lag that it encounters is not so good?
    It depends on your computer/laptop, some people get lag - others do not.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Minimap to screen with dots is not very accurate. It will get you in the ball park but not on the precise point that you want.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Ive ran a few ogl scripts and i generally have to restart the client every 2 hours due to extreme fps lag...

So i guess colour will probably be the best for me, although OGL seems much eaiser to achieve my task with

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

I don't know if it's still around, but you could maybe look at @The Mayor;'s Gelatinous Abomination script. I think he had some color looting procedures there.

I think he did it by either making a dtm of what an item looks on the ground or just looking for distinctive colors that indicate a drop.

Theoretically if you can guesstimate the spot where the monster died (probably should be done while the monster is alive with the red combat circle and whatnot) you could try to move the mouse around that area until you get a pickup option on mouseover and just trust area loot will pickup most of the stuff you want.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Yeah, several people have mentioned that script.

Going to download it now and have a read through it.

Thanks for the pointers guys

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bucko View Post
    Yeah, several people have mentioned that script.

Going to download it now and have a read through it.

Thanks for the pointers guys
    Congrats on Junior!
    Good luck with your script, pm me if you need a hand with anything.
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

I've made numerous scripts in the past with 100% color that have picked up items from the ground.

If searching for one color is not enough, perhaps try searching for multiple colors and make sure the TPABounds are within a couple pixels to ensure it's the item you're looking for. Usually one or two colors and an uptext check will work just fine.

However, I have not written anything RS or SRL related in years; just stating from previous experience.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    Theoretically if you can guesstimate the spot where the monster died (probably should be done while the monster is alive with the red combat circle and whatnot).
    This is what iFight did. NCDS is right, it's entirely possible.

Use ACA to find the colors for the red targeting circle, then create a function which will return a TPA of it. You can use the length of this TPA to determine if you're actually in a fight, and the bounds of this TPA to determine where on the screen the fight is taking place.

Jagex made this easy -- they drew a giant red circle around where the loot will drop!

Then as others have said, search for a 100% drop -- bones or ashes or something like that. You can use the bounds you grabbed earlier (from the red circle TPA) to narrow it down before you even start searching.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    This is what iFight did. NCDS is right, it's entirely possible.

Use ACA to find the colors for the red targeting circle, then create a function which will return a TPA of it. You can use the length of this TPA to determine if you're actually in a fight, and the bounds of this TPA to determine where on the screen the fight is taking place.

Jagex made this easy -- they drew a giant red circle around where the loot will drop!

Then as others have said, search for a 100% drop -- bones or ashes or something like that. You can use the bounds you grabbed earlier (from the red circle TPA) to narrow it down before you even start searching.
    this would be the best way on rs3 to do it. On osr i would do a minimap red dot point to mainscreen and search around that box/point for the item with ACA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Ive taken note of several useful things in mayors script, will be seeing how i can use them to develop what im looking to do

Thread Information