Thread: READ ME BEFORE POSTING: Important info on the state of 07 botting

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Default READ ME BEFORE POSTING: Important info on the state of 07 botting

UPDATE 07/05/2018: I haven't been active in over a year, I have no idea how accurate this information is now. I suspect that progress has been made and suggest that you read this thread instead: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread...39#post1391739

The State of Oldschool Botting

After explaining the state of 07 botting to the billionth person today, I figured it was about time somebody made a thread explaining the situation to newcomers... so here it is. I will begin by explaining the status of SRL-OSR and Pascal Reflection before detailing the alternatives and the development of an official SRL-OSR replacement.

Dead Includes

SRL-OSR

The official SRL include for 07 is SRL-OSR. It was hastily thrown together from old bits of SRL-5(?) when 07 was released and has been slowly falling apart ever since for three reasons:

1. It's written in PascalScript, but this community has been transitioning to Lape -- a language developed here at SRL by @nielsie95 and others -- for quite some time now
    2. Those who have the skill to update it don't have the time/will
    3. Those who have the time to update it don't have the skill/will

As a result, SRL-OSR is essentially a dead include. It's no longer being developed or maintained, and it's almost definite that it's never going to be updated. If you're still using it, stop. Use one of the alternatives (detailed below) instead.

Pascal Reflection

The Pascal Reflection include is written by @elfyyy, but since PascalScript is outmoded in this community, it's no longer updated. It's also a dead include and if you're using it you should stop and rewrite your scripts using the actively maintained Lape Reflection include. It's basically the same thing, just better!

Here's a Lape Reflection tutorial to get you started.

Working Alternatives

AeroLib

AeroLib is a colour include for 07 by @Flight. It started off as a small library of functions that aided in his botting of 07, and evolved into the full fledged colour include that it is today. This is what you should be using to bot 07 if you don't want to use reflection. It can be combined with Reflection if necessary.

Here's the only tutorial on AeroLib we currently have. Another more detailed one is WIP, but no ETA just yet.

Lape Reflection

Lape Reflection is the Lape version of the Reflection include by elfyyy. It uses reflection to interact with the RuneScape world instead of colour (obviously). If you are finding it too difficult to use colour, or you want to combine the ease of reflection with the awesomeness of colour, this is what you want to use.

Here's a beginners Lape Reflection tutorial to get you started.

Development of Official SRL-OSR Replacement

A new hybrid include for RS3 and 07 is currently in development by @slacky and @Olly;. It is named Olly-/SRL which is the end of the GitHub URL. It is a temporary URL until an official release can be made. It is NOT OllySRL and shouldn't be referred to as such. The 07 portion is roughly 80% done at this point and could probably be released as a beta when the next version of Simba is pushed by @Wizzup? (hint hint), but since neither of them actually play RuneScape, they barely have any motivation to finish it. Unless they get help from other developers when it comes to release time, it's unlikely that it will be finished in the near future. However, it's worth noting that the include is mostly functional, and slacky, Olly, and @Harrier; have all had success with using it to bot. If you are interested in using it you'll have to sort through it yourself with no support if you get stuck, but it does work.

EDIT: As of 07/03/2017 (d/m/y) this information is slightly outdated. The include has been merged with https://github.com/SRL/SRL and can be found there instead. I'm not very active at the moment, so I'm not up to date on what's going on with it. If anything though, it should be further along by now.

I hope that clears some stuff up and we no longer have to explain this to people 10x a day in IRC. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them and I will do my best to answer.
    Last edited by Incurable; 05-07-2018 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Typos.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

De-repped for Comic Sans.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Pretty much this lmao
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Comic-Sans IS A NICE LADY!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Pretty much this lmao
    I used it precisely for this reaction.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Comic Sans is a nice font. (for anyone who disagrees, just shut it, I'm right, you're wrong)
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

And I just learnt how to script with pascal..Ugh! lol

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Im honestly not sure what the fuss is all about the transition from one to the other is easy. should take no longer than a day >.<

<------------------>

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFools View Post
    Im honestly not sure what the fuss is all about the transition from one to the other is easy. should take no longer than a day >.<
    It shouldn't even take that long, Lape and PascalScript are almost identical, and we've been using Lape for several years now.
    Last edited by Incurable; 09-20-2015 at 03:17 AM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    Comic Sans is a nice font. (for anyone who disagrees, just shut it, I'm right, you're wrong)
    ???

Anyone who uses Comic Sans MS in a non-ironic way cannot and indeed should not be taken seriously.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    You live up to your status to the fullest you Elitist N00b

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    It shouldn't even take that long, Late and PascalScript are almost identical, and we've been using Lape for several years now.
    Ive had a crack and it does seem to work almost identically. I am just struggling with finding the includes in aerolib so i can reference them. One in particular is mouse functions. OSR had mouse.simba but from what i can see aerolib doesnt.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

What functions are you looking for?

C:\Simba\Includes\AeroLib\core\engine\InputHandler

the engine include has mouse functions.

<------------------>

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFools View Post
    What functions are you looking for?

C:\Simba\Includes\AeroLib\core\engine\InputHandler

the engine include has mouse functions.
    That may be what i am looking for haha. Ill check it out when i get home. Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Official SRL (OSR and RS3) include has been migrated from https://github.com/Olly-/SRL to https://github.com/SRL/SRL.

Much of the rest of the paragraph on the Official SRL-OSR replacement is accurate. I too have had success using https://github.com/SRL/SRL for OSR botting and personally found it very intuitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Thanks for this, been struggling to sort out the mess with OSRS scripting. Wasn't quite sure which include to use, this has helped dramatically in my decision. Now to attempt some scripts in OS with AeroLib :-)

Thread Information