Thread: Where is runescape headed?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

Default Where is runescape headed?

Hi guys, I am curious to know what are you guys thought on where do you guys see runescape as a game headed? So I would like to propose a healthy debate, to discuss the current state and future of runescape. Some points I want to bring to attention are, where do you guys see rs3 and osrs going? Game seems to be broken into 2 separate community now, with osrs usually having more and more player playing it than the rs3. However jagex just recently released NXT client, so that kind hints that they may have a some big plans for the game? (Assuming that a development of that scale cost a lot of money and jagex willing to spend it on its development may hint for a brighter future for the rs3. However all the love by the community seems to be going for osrs as it probably has more viewer base on twitch than rs3. With the success of deadman mode and the tournaments and all, it seems to be going on the right direction. Do you guys see jagex stop supporting rs3 or osrs in few years, to unite the community? Would that be a mistake? To many questions! What do you guys think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I heard that Chineese people bought runescape I am curious about what are they going to do with it

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kysucuky View Post
    I heard that Chineese people bought runescape I am curious about what are they going to do with it
    Where did you hear this?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    Where did you hear this?
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...82706/officers
    http://i.imgur.com/AHzpxGg.png
    @Kysucuky; please stop spamming [for postcount].

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post

He's been "warned". As always, try not to post after the spammer Someone will eventually see it and either warn or ban.

IE:

http://i.imgur.com/FTd2Y0E.jpg

Last edited by Brandon; 08-11-2016 at 01:02 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    He's been "warned". As always, try not to post after the spammer Someone will eventually see it and either warn or ban.
    I was primarily responding to p1nky, you should blame him for being curious.
    Shame on you @P1nky; shame.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    I was primarily responding to p1nky, you should blame him for being curious.
    Shame on you @P1nky; shame.
    Eek! Sorry for my stupidity :P But thanks for the reply. I actually did not know this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I think it will die out like WOW is :\

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

The future of Runescape looks grim. I don't think they are bringing in many new players. I believe a successful game needs to have waves of new players, and Runescape is operating off veterans that haven't let go of the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I'm unsure about RS3 but Old school seems to be growing, although the growth is slow. People have been saying runescape is going to die for a very long time, and look where we are know. I'm pretty sure its going to be around for a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Rs3 I have no idea where it's headed, although I would love to see the NXT client coming to osrs in the future.
    Where Osrs is headed atm though, that I believe is a pre-eoc rs3. Slowly pre-eoc items have been added to the game (bonecrusher for example), now dclaws have passed a poll and raids pretty much sounds like dungeoneering to me. which to me doesn't bother me at all. I enjoyed a lot pre-eoc. After complete pre-eoc has been reached, no idea where it will be headed, but I believe eoc will never as to me, that's what makes oldschool, oldschool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

OSRS I think will do well for the time being. Although I like the idea of polls and involving the community I think there is an issue with how much new content they are adding and changing the game. A lot of people play osrs just for the nostalgia and by changing the game so much it may deter people from wanting to come back. Me personally, Ive left and come back 3-4 times and have started botting because I just dont want to go through the initial grind. However, every time Ive come back I feel less compelled to do so as the game fades from my memory and as it changes. It is fun for people with membership and high lvl accounts but deters new players as they have more grind to deal with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I think osrs will die very soon, it was a nice thing for a while but it's just too old, but then again I don't see any game like it that was successful, with all those abilities and to be able to play it on such an old system. Of course there is WOW but other than that nothing comes to mind. I'd be sad if it does but wouldn't be surprised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

They need to bring in more players, that is the bottom line. when i adventure with my noob account through RS3 I only come across players with 2000+ skill and almost no beginnners like back in the day. You can update all you want but that only serves the players already playing and new players gain no extra incentive to check it out. I feel like Jagex only tries to keep current player playing and has no look for newer players.

but eventually, no matter how much updates there will be, there comes a moment when certain players just stop playing. And if you don't have the new players filling that gap there will be a moment when runescape won't yield profits anymore.

-- This is a personal perception, i might be wrong --

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I can still see both games still having a stable community in the next five years, although afterwards I have no clue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From my point of view nostalgia might be one of the reasons why these games will always have audience.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

I don`t play OSRS so I can`t really comment on it but I`ve played quite a lot of RS3. As of now, the devs are mostly focusing on endgame content, like new bosses, regions, adding new comp requirements and so on basically trying to keep the veterans occupied. One might say that they should focus more on low and mid level players but I would disagree. Leveling is extremely easily in RS3 you can literally reach level 80 in any combat skill in a day. So why waste time on something that a minority of players will most likely won`t even do or skim through when you can focus on old and loyal players?

I think it`s just the curse of MMORPG`s at first it`s fun and new but after you reach a certain level all there is left is grinding, attachment to the game or your in-game friends/clan and nostalgia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

I don't think the game will fizzle out soon. There has been a lot of endgame content being addded. As long as beginner and endgMe content dev continues the game will stay fun and appealing for both newbies and vets. For the people who love minigames, if they keep adding these I'm sure they'll Ben catering to a large group of playerbSe

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lolskilla View Post
    I don't think the game will fizzle out soon. There has been a lot of endgame content being addded. As long as beginner and endgMe content dev continues the game will stay fun and appealing for both newbies and vets. For the people who love minigames, if they keep adding these I'm sure they'll Ben catering to a large group of playerbSe
    I agree, I just got back to OSRS and it seems like Runescape is pretty stabled with active members.

Check out the graph:

http://www.misplaceditems.com/rs_too...=month&total=1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

The game is surprisingly active, and will be even moreso with mobile

Thread Information