Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jagex's Profit Plummets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Triblouge View Post
    I blame EOC for those losses. They lost hella players, as well as botters willing to pay for their membership.
    Eoc is fine, they fact that they forced players to use it when there was really nothing wrong with the current implementation was the problem. Now that you can use legacy mode it has helped soften the blow....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Jesus, those are some scary loses. someone is getting fired and someone is pulling their hair over these numbers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Looking at the in depth accounts I find that they've done pretty well this year. Let me point out why.

After tax profits may have been substantially lower than the year before, however if you look at their loans, debtors, stock, assets etc they have all improved even shareholders were given more money this year. What does this tell me? Although the recorded profits are very low what has happened is Jagex have decided to pay off some of their debt whilst at the same time invest in some stock and assets. Jagex is being run in a fit and proper way and the shareholders are receiving more money than they usually do. Hats off to Jagex, eventually those debtors will come knocking so you may as well pay them off while you're on top rather than wait until the company really is going into the shit. So in short they have used a lot of the profits that year to pay off some debt and invest in stock and assets while giving the shareholders a payday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

its because of eoc all the old players have quit.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sajon View Post
    its because of eoc all the old players have quit.

Perhaps.. But as others have stated they spent a lot of money during 2013.. Unless jagex comes out and explains exactly what they spent their money on we can all only speculate. (Perhaps it was server security enhancement? all the goofy/retarded 'community' videos where they would hire payed actors/editors/directors to make?, producing and then cancelling projects and sometimes even starting again from scratch to cancel again?).. No 1 knows.

Hopefully the game just dies and every one gets cured of their addiction and quits video games forever.
    Quit gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samerdl View Post
    Perhaps.. But as others have stated they spent a lot of money during 2013.. Unless jagex comes out and explains exactly what they spent their money on we can all only speculate. (Perhaps it was server security enhancement? all the goofy/retarded 'community' videos where they would hire payed actors/editors/directors to make?, producing and then cancelling projects and sometimes even starting again from scratch to cancel again?).. No 1 knows.

Hopefully the game just dies and every one gets cured of their addiction and quits video games forever.
    Weren't they working on a transformers game?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tristana View Post
    Weren't they working on a transformers game?
    Well this should explain a lot (taken from the wikipedia page):

Transformers Universe was a third person multiplayer online battle arena game developed by British game develop Jagex Games Studio in partnership with American toy company Hasbro. The game was officially unveiled at Botcon 2011,[1] the game went in to closed beta in March 2014[2] and entered open beta on July 4, 2014.[3] The game shut down on January 31, 2015.[4]

I am pretty sure Jagex bought the transformers universe IP or at least owned the majority of shares in it - but it wasn't their own naturally born/built/enhanced projec.
    When you look think about it.. Jagex haven't released a single A/Double A game - stand alone game since Runescape 2.. Fun-orb wasn't their own IP either and i think they eventually sold it off...

Imagine for a moment here a big mega gaming company not producing a video game for 11+ years.. The duke nukem forever game pretty much had the same life cycle.. and i dont think Runescape 3 counts as a 'new game' its the same game as Runescape 2 - just worse.

So secondly imagine a big company investing 50 million dollars in a game and then just not releasing it or releasing it then cancelling it due to (????????) god knows what the heck goes through jagex's managements brain cells and sub-conscious mind.. (The first crysis game cost about 50 million dollars to produce and publish in 2007, that was a mega budget back then, imagine if they spent 45 millions on creating but took the other 5 million that should of went into advertising and starting doing all this sort of retarded videos instead and giving themselves bonuses/fruit baskets for no reason? the game would of obviously flopped.. I Know lots of money was pumped into advertising for crysis.. So yeah just an example).

Jagex lol
    Quit gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Triblouge View Post
    I blame EOC for those losses. They lost hella players, as well as botters willing to pay for their membership.
    EOC was their ploy to become more relevant with most MMO games and their styles. It sorta worked for newer generation but the nostalgic feel (OSRS) was what older players went for. I'm sure a company as Jagex would research before doing anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xtrapsp View Post
    I had a chance to play Transformers... it was awful and the staff didn't listen to ANY of my criticism. Myself and a friend who have been playing MOBAs for a few years now and FPS games competitively back in the day gave some tips and ideas about the game but they rushed us out when we were complaining about the lack of role security in the game. You could dive in and out of being a transformer while shooting which negated damage because you were in your transforming stage. There was no momentum, the maps were awfully buggy. I didn't know who was who at some points because the skins messed up the roles. There was no strategic placement... the map literally had no choke points etc.

It was awful and the fact they didn't listen made it worse. Told em I wrote botscripts for their failure of an MMO and I hope that Mod Harriet got my mod edit:love. (She unbanned me because I flirted with her).

Just sayin

LOL the things you stumble across on the Internet. FYI you should probably understand that Jagex pay for their staff to have to unban accounts, e dating doesn't do it for me. You should probably get some soap and wash that dirty mouth out.
    Last edited by masterBB; 04-07-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarrietTheSpy View Post
    LOL the things you stumble across on the Internet. FYI you should probably understand that Jagex pay for their staff to have to unban accounts, e dating doesn't do it for me. You should probably get some soap and wash that dirty mouth out.
    I'd laugh so much if this is Mod Harriet.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

It really is. Well ex-mod Harriet. Thought this keyboard warrior needed addressing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

It really is. Well ex-mod Harriet. Thought this keyboard warrior needed addressing.
    Well, welcome to villavu. The oldest botting community still around, hope you stay around
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

I'm curious to how you found his post; few minutes of indexing on search engines and no result matches his post or this thread.
    Then again, this could just be a troll since there's no proof of you being who you claim to be.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I'm curious to how you found his post; few minutes of indexing on search engines and no result matches his post or this thread.
    Then again, this could just be a troll since there's no proof of you being who you claim to be.
    This is normally the case.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    This is normally the case.
    But... but.... a grill doe
    #slack4admin2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Most people I know quit because of things like the squeal of fortune etc. microtransactions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSmoke View Post
    Most people I know quit because of things like the squeal of fortune etc. microtransactions.
    I know, could you imagine if Jagex had gone on from 07scape and just focused on releasing good content instead of trying to turn RS into the strange microtransaction machine it is now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davi View Post
    I know, could you imagine if Jagex had gone on from 07scape and just focused on releasing good content instead of trying to turn RS into the strange microtransaction machine it is now.
    It would be dead and shut down by now tbh.

Even if one person buys the max keys possible in a week during one of the promos (I believe it's $500 worth), that's like 50 people buying a month of membership. Without that kind of money, I think Jagex would have real issues as it's userbase has substantially been reduced with the exodus because of people who just didn't want to make the switch to eoc (not to mention the prodigiously horrid business call to remove wilderness/free trade that didn't really help the userbase at all, in fact it probably persuaded a large portion of the users to move on to better made games such as WoW in the mmorpg space and DoTA/LoL[more recent than those changes iirc but this is what I've gone to 'after' RS] in the moba space). Without microtransactions Jagex's income would probably be slashed by a significant fraction, especially with all the people raging over cosmetics and op treasure hunter promos like the shark thing or metoerite events serving as an example of the many people who actually use treasure hunter quite a bit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    It would be dead and shut down by now tbh.

Even if one person buys the max keys possible in a week during one of the promos (I believe it's $500 worth), that's like 50 people buying a month of membership. Without that kind of money, I think Jagex would have real issues as it's userbase has substantially been reduced with the exodus because of people who just didn't want to make the switch to eoc (not to mention the prodigiously horrid business call to remove wilderness/free trade that didn't really help the userbase at all, in fact it probably persuaded a large portion of the users to move on to better made games such as WoW in the mmorpg space and DoTA/LoL[more recent than those changes iirc but this is what I've gone to 'after' RS] in the moba space). Without microtransactions Jagex's income would probably be slashed by a significant fraction, especially with all the people raging over cosmetics and op treasure hunter promos like the shark thing or metoerite events serving as an example of the many people who actually use treasure hunter quite a bit.
    I'm talking about an alternate universe where they kept wildy and free trade and just focused on producing new areas, quests and content within the framework they had already created. Then maybe add cosmetic micro-transactions on top of membership fees. That's the dream.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information