Thread: Post Count

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Default Post Count

I'm sitting at 20 posts and am therefore not an SRL Junior member. The forums aren't active enough to wait to post quality content in a reasonable time frame. I've posted two scripts now, one of which is published, which I am willing to bet is more than a good number of current Junior members. I'm hoping those will fill for my 10 remaining posts. I will delete this thread after I get the 10 posts I need. If you believe this to be a bannable offense, I will yield to that judgment.

Edit: It's impossible to delete threads, so looks like this is sticking around. I know that I'm a newcomer around here, but I don't think it's unreasonable of me to question the policy in place to become a junior member. As discussed a bit below, the policy seems at times to invite spam and inorganic content. While I don't have any great ideas to improve it right now, perhaps we can have a discussion here on how we could improve the process and make it more meaningful and interactive.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Nah you shouldn't be spamming for pc to become a jr member, though I do wish they'd slightly change up the way jr member is awarded.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

Just do like every other new member and post "Thanks!" or "Nice script!" or "Will try this later!" to every script from 2012.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    Nah you shouldn't be spamming for pc to become a jr member, though I do wish they'd slightly change up the way jr member is awarded.
    I agree with you, I don't think it's a strong enough deterrent for people who just want to leech, but I do think it stands as a minor barrier for new members who want to meaningfully contribute without doing what Obscurity mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Just do like every other new member and post "Thanks!" or "Nice script!" or "Will try this later!" to every script from 2012.
    Seeing this happen over and over again was a big factor in my deciding to do this. At least I'm being honest about my worthless content.

I do believe this policy invites people to spam, but I admit I don't have a better solution and I do think it is reasonable to have some barrier to entry.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by enchilada View Post
    I do believe this policy invites people to spam, but I admit I don't have a better solution and I do think it is reasonable to have some barrier to entry.
    It does invite spam, it's been discussed a lot in higher boards but an official course of action was never decided on by the admins/mods. I believe something more complex than post count or reputation would require an admin to write a script which I assume they don't want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by enchilada View Post
    The forums aren't active enough to wait to post quality content in a reasonable time frame.
    I disagree totally, and think this thread is still lazy even if you have posted a script(s).
    Last edited by Clarity; 05-15-2016 at 05:28 AM.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Lol. I love your logic. Not enough quality content -> Lets spam more then. Why don't you just make a thread with some quality content? I get that you're impatient. I'm impatient too. Doesn't give you some sort of higher authority / right to spam. The first post of this thread might address an issue. But no idea why you had to spam post after it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    It does invite spam, it's been discussed a lot in higher boards but an official course of action was never decided on by the admins/mods. I believe something more complex than post count or reputation would require an admin to write a script which I assume they don't want to do.

I disagree totally, and think this thread is still lazy even if you have posted a script(s).
    Yes like I said I don't immediately have any great ideas for making it better, but it is good to hear that it has been discussed. I'm glad bringing this to attention is at least a minorly positive side effect of this thread.

I would agree that it is lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    Lol. I love your logic. Not enough quality content -> Lets spam more then. Why don't you just make a thread with some quality content? I get that you're impatient. I'm impatient too. Doesn't give you some sort of higher authority / right to spam. The first post of this thread might address an issue. But no idea why you had to spam post after it.
    My mentality was to be quick about it. As I said, glad that this has at least stirred up some attention for this issue.

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

*sigh*

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Thread Information