Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 Accounts Banned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Default 20 Accounts Banned

So for the first time ever that I have ran any Simba script resulting in a ban, All 20 accounts were on the same script and it was a complex Yew Chopper, some problems due to randoms that I haven't been able to solve yet but every single account obtained a perm ban last night.

The script is high quality and has no static clicks. Some crashes and problems due to randoms but I've had them for weeks and only just got bans, this is most likely my fault but they were defiantly NOT manual bans. So I guess to some extent Simba is been detected now and also I have a feeling this is something to do with the reflection include.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Millenium View Post
    The script is high quality and has no static clicks. Some crashes and problems due to randoms but I've had them for weeks and only just got bans, this is most likely my fault but they were defiantly NOT manual bans. So I guess to some extent Simba is been detected now and also I have a feeling this is something to do with the reflection include.
    It reasonably can't be Simba that is being detected (SMART <> Simba). While it's possible that SMART is being detected, while you're (so far?) the only one experiencing this level of banning, it's far more likely that either your IP became flagged, or your script is an issue. Do note that Jagex has implemented automatic bannings in relation to specific scripts in the past, so it is entirely likely they noticed a consistent action occuring on a number of bots in the area (20 of yours) and took that into account with their automated detection.

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Four View Post
    Looks like Jagex has been stepping up their game.

Sorry about your loss :/ Whats the estimated gp lost?
    Only around 10m-15m Nothing I can't recover from.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    It reasonably can't be Simba that is being detected (SMART <> Simba). While it's possible that SMART is being detected, while you're (so far?) the only one experiencing this level of banning, it's far more likely that either your IP became flagged, or your script is an issue. Do note that Jagex has implemented automatic bannings in relation to specific scripts in the past, so it is entirely likely they noticed a consistent action occuring on a number of bots in the area (20 of yours) and took that into account with their automated detection.
    I have a feeling it is most likely due to my stupidity that all accounts are on the same email account and with them all running the same yew script at the same location 24/7. The only slightly concerning thing is that it was an automatic ban on every account and some of them were not logged in.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

I have a feeling it is most likely due to my stupidity that all accounts are on the same email account and with them all running the same yew script at the same location 24/7. The only slightly concerning thing is that it was an automatic ban on every account and some of them were not logged in.
    Jacmob said in a video that if you're suspected of goldfarming they will flag your IP and check all of your accounts. You probably had that happen

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

For the last ~9 months (maybe longer, others can correct me), Jagex has started doing flags that auto ban later. So they'll flag an account for ban at detection time and do a mass banning at once at a later time so the developers won't be able to figure out exactly what happened to cause the detection.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Gold farming bans are done by I.P flagging. Whenever i bot on my vps, i get a gold farming ban. If i bot a new i.p on my computer, i get a macro..

You have been banned in the past, so they flagged your IP. Trust me i've experimented

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unfold View Post
    Gold farming bans are done by I.P flagging. Whenever i bot on my vps, i get a gold farming ban. If i bot a new i.p on my computer, i get a macro..

You have been banned in the past, so they flagged your IP. Trust me i've experimented
    It's not just IP, also computer profiling. I had an account that I logged into a few times on computer A. I never botted on it, just tried to set up simba. I moved to computer B, botted for 4-6 weeks then got a temp ban when I started doing money making tasks.

I set up computer A on a new IP and new windows user ID. Made a new RS account and it got perma gold farmer banned just as I finished the tutorial junk. Poor guy never even had a chance. It was defintely associated back to the other account that just got temp banned.

Had another computer (C), new IP, made new account, botted combat for a few weeks. Then it got perma gold farmer after I spent a few days leveling mining.

As Kevin mentioned, the last one seems like they flagged it but waited a few days before banning.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

got myself 15 chars banned in the last couple of days

made the accounts too fast I think. Probably set something off.

@Millenium; were the 20 accounts all on the same pc/dedi ?
    Last edited by Sjoe; 01-17-2014 at 10:40 PM.

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Sad to hear, although I kinda like how jagex actually somewhat cares now. Shame they didn't do this a good 4 years ago and could have saved alot of players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Sad to hear, although I kinda like how jagex actually somewhat cares now. Shame they didn't do this a good 4 years ago and could have saved alot of players.
    This, also @Brandon made a good point on an older thread about how Jagex most likely doesn't do IP flags or bans by IP.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzah View Post
    This, also @Brandon made a good point on an older thread about how Jagex most likely doesn't do IP flags or bans by IP.
    Pretty sure they do

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sjoe View Post
    Pretty sure they do
    Pretty sure they don't.. it's not even a good idea to ban someone by IP. Imagine you have a brother using the same computer as you. He doesn't bot, but you do.

Your IP gets flagged, is it fair that he gets banned too? No.. When last have you played counter-strike or any steam game and get banned via IP?

Secondly, if your router uses DHCP and you have a PPPOE connection like my neighbour, and your IP changes everytime you do a dns flush and renew your IP via:

Progress Report:
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /renew

and it actually changes, Jagex would be in for one.. Also connecting through a VPN or a Proxy upon every login would completely overcome an IP flag. I've never actually had to physically reset or use the admin login and reset my neighbour's router to change my IP when using it. My own router doesn't do this though. I have to physically push reset or login and reset it. It's not your Mac address either because that's easier to spoof than your IP.

It is your account that actually gets flagged. Not your IP. Pretty sure Jagex also said they don't flag IP's.

How jagex actually bans or at least how we think they ban is really all speculation (maybe some theories and maybe some small facts). No one actually knows 100% but from patterns and experience over the years, many have come up with ideas as to how it is done. There isn't any "foolproof" way of knowing without actually working for them or hacking them.
    Last edited by Brandon; 01-18-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Pretty sure they don't.. it's not even a good idea to ban someone by IP. Imagine you have a brother using the same computer as you. He doesn't bot, but you do.

Your IP gets flagged, is it fair that he gets banned too? No.. When last have you played counter-strike or any steam game and get banned via IP?

Secondly, if your router uses DHCP and you have a PPPOE connection like my neighbour, and your IP changes everytime you do a dns flush and renew your IP via:

Progress Report:
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /renew

and it actually changes, Jagex would be in for one.. Also connecting through a VPN or a Proxy upon every login would completely overcome an IP flag. I've never actually had to physically reset or use the admin login and reset my neighbour's router to change my IP when using it. My own router doesn't do this though. I have to physically push reset or login and reset it. It's not your Mac address either because that's easier to spoof than your IP.

It is your account that actually gets flagged. Not your IP. Pretty sure Jagex also said they don't flag IP's.

How jagex actually bans or at least how we think they ban is really all speculation (maybe some theories and maybe some small facts). No one actually knows 100% but from patterns and experience over the years, many have come up with ideas as to how it is done. There isn't any "foolproof" way of knowing without actually working for them or hacking them.
    My past experiences on this matter contradicts yours sorry.
    Also note this, like 95% of the botters are unaware of the MAC address. They don't even know what it is.
    (source: lurking powerbot)
    Last edited by Sjoe; 01-18-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

My past experiences on this matter contradicts yours sorry.
    Also note this, like 95% of the botters are unaware of the MAC address. They don't even know what it is.
    (source: lurking powerbot)
    Yeah? Well Runehack says otherwise. How many times has his "IP" been flagged? How many times has he been "IP" banned? And how many times has he come back with just another account? If IP banning was really happening and working, you'd be done permanently. You won't even be able to make a new account.. If IP flagging was really happening, you simply reset your IP and you're off scotch free. All accounts on a flagged IP would also be banned. It's a waste of time and a bad theory. Again, your account itself "might" flagged, NOT your IP.

Banning a user based on their IP anytime is usually the worst possible idea. Even flagging an IP is a bad idea. Flagging an IP mask is a bad idea. Hackforums does IP mask flagging and sometimes I see users complaining that they can't get on the forums because someone else who lives close to them was flagged and their IP is within the same range/area as them and so they can't get on either.

IP's (IPv4) are also recycled by your ISP.. Thus when you release it, the next guy to get it is one unlucky bastard. Log onto IRC, go into the moderation channel and curse them. See if they're smart enough to ban your "IP".

Have you ever used TOR or anything that scrambles your information?: https://www.torproject.org/ See these diagrams: https://www.torproject.org/about/ove...n#whyweneedtor
    An IP address doesn't really mean much in today's world.

Where is your proof/theory/any backup statement that Jagex actually flags or bans via IP addresses?
    Last edited by Brandon; 01-18-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Yeah? Well Runehack says otherwise. How many times has his "IP" been flagged? How many times has he been "IP" banned? And how many times has he come back with just another account? If IP banning was really happening and working, you'd be done permanently. You won't even be able to make a new account.. If IP flagging was really happening, you simply reset your IP and you're off scotch free. All accounts on a flagged IP would also be banned. It's a waste of time and a bad theory. Again, your account itself "might" flagged, NOT your IP.

Banning a user based on their IP anytime is usually the worst possible idea. Even flagging an IP is a bad idea. Flagging an IP mask is a bad idea. Hackforums does IP mask flagging and sometimes I see users complaining that they can't get on the forums because someone else who lives close to them was flagged and their IP is within the same range/area as them and so they can't get on either.

IP's (IPv4) are also recycled by your ISP. Log onto IRC, go into the moderation channel and curse them. See if they're smart enough to ban your "IP".

Where is your proof/theory/any backup statement that Jagex actually flags or bans via IP addresses?
    You scare me, bye.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

got myself 15 chars banned in the last couple of days

made the accounts too fast I think. Probably set something off.

@Millenium; were the 20 accounts all on the same pc/dedi ?
    Yea he was running them on his comp

Also, many people have been banned on there main account (which they didn't bot) when they were running bots on that same computer or another computer on there router. Ive had it happen to numerous friends and hundreds of people on powerbot have claimed it has happened.

I don't see why you guys are arguing about it so much, does it really matter how they manage to do it? No. the fact is they can ban every account you are running/playing on that computer/IP at the same time even if you're only botting one.

Jagex has confirmed in the past that they don't Block IP's aside from a few major ones in china. I do believe they Flag them and put you on a "high alert" system where any account that is running on that IP is heavily monitored for botting activity.

You will ask for proof? The only proof i have is personal experience, and the thousands of cases ive personally dealt with over on powerbot. Ive even helped admins over there by testing the theory. Botting on a VPS i had 10 accounts running at cows. Easy to get caught botting and get banned, sure enough it did within 2 days. Wasn't an instant ban though, it took about 40hours. Next i tried making 10 more accounts on that same VPS. They were all banned within 2hrs. One of them was even banned before i ran the script itself, just logging into the client.

I changed the IP and mac address on the VPS. Made 10 new accounts. This time they lasted around 5 days if i recall right. All the other mods had similar experiences and i know timer did this on the scale of hundreds of accounts.

If you choose to believe it or not is your choice, but coming from someone who has actually had hands on experience with over a thousand accounts. I'm not saying this is the ONLY way you get banned, im just saying it is one of the ways you can get banned...and it never hurt to be extra safe by changing IP/MAc after a ban right? I do believe they flag you if you get caught goldfarming. Botting, no. Goldfarming yes. The difference is about the activity (training or money making) and the amount of accoutns....that is for a different discussion though.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itankbots View Post
    Yea he was running them on his comp
    hit me up on skype brother (you're not responding )

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Plus we think it was the reflection hooks being updated. we haven't had a ban in ages. running smooth, day after reflection hooks updated all accounts banned. I dont think that is a coincidence...tis why i never trust java anymore

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itankbots View Post

There isn't a thin line between flagging an IP and flagging accounts on an IP. You see, no matter what, a flag on an account will stay on their servers for as long as they wish but a flag on your IP will disappear when you change it. The flag will no longer belong to you but will belong to the next unlucky guy to get the IP you just had.

The reason you got banned in the first place is because one of your bots were detected. After that, Jagex would most likely search for other accounts on your IP that were botting and ban them all. It doesn't make sense for them to monitor your IP because as you yourself just said, "I changed my IP on my VPS". Therefore, why would they even bother monitoring IP's knowing that users can do that? Does that even make sense? The second you're caught, all accounts on your IP will get a flag. You can change your IP all you want but the flag lives on your accounts, not the IP itself.

No they do not ban accounts you weren't botting on. The reason the accounts got banned before you even logged in or ran a script was because your client was detected and your moderators told you it wasn't. I know because every time I posted over there, my posts were instantly deleted. Over at powerbot, you can't say anything that defies the laws on their site. I argued with Wei Su or whatever his name is once, bam instantly muted. No PM's, nothing.. Just made a new account.

Anyway..

Tell me now how powerbot's ban rate all of a sudden dropped a ton?! Think about it. If the IP's were really being flagged, that powerbot ban wave would still be going on. Most of the user base there don't even know how to install Java properly. Far less for changing an IP. You do know I also have accounts and I have an account there as well right? In fact, I got into many arguments with IronHide and his bs "I'm have 84 bots running at once and none banned" during a massive ban wave when your client was detected..

I changed the IP and mac address on the VPS.
    Hope you didn't get locked out by making a small mistake (I got locked out once by pressing tab and enter without checking, had to use the console and one time I had to call in to get them to unlock it). If you told me you deleted your cache or something, I'd believe it more. You expect me to believe that changing your IP caused you to get a 5-day delay from being banned on powerbot at a time when I myself got banned just for logging in for the very first time?

10-Jul-2013 Bot Busting Moderate (ban) Not Appealable View
    Oh and I never had to change my IP at all (actually my second ban ever). I simply deleted powerbot, created my own loader and botted in that on another account until my main got unbanned. My other account is still not banned and I'm pretty sure I haven't changed my IP during that time at all. In fact, with Rogers Canada and their SMC routers, it's nearly impossible to change the IP without keeping the router off for more than 24 hours.. Even port forwarding on it was impossible.

IIRC, you guys also got rid of safemode immediately, you no longer even create your own applet.. This has probably helped bring down your bans the most. S.M.A.R.T. users weren't getting banned like you guys. It has nothing to do with IP. It was your client. You're simply lucky you even got a 5day delay. New users on PB were banned instantly just for even opening it and getting to the login screen. I don't even see as many threads on pb as before claiming "My IP is flagged" or "Bot is detectable" simply because the IP isn't being flagged and never was.
    Last edited by Brandon; 01-18-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

@Brandon; Itankbots doesn't use powerbot, only simba

And why are you being so hotheaded, it scared the living sh*t out of me.
    Last edited by Sjoe; 01-18-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

I am not being hot headed. I believe you mean "hard-headed" as in not listening? I'm simply stating that there is no IP flagging. I will however, leave you and anyone else to believe what you want. Pretty much finished arguing all I can. IIRC, I remember seeing him on PB with a yellow name (moderator rank?). He just stated that he used powerbot in his previous post.

You have no reason to be scared of anyone on any forum.. It is a debate for a reason? You state that there are IP flags, I state that there aren't.

IMHO, @OP got banned from the reflection update yesterday not from any IP flag that everyone seems to be blaming every time a ban happens.
    Last edited by Brandon; 01-18-2014 at 01:21 PM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

I am not being hot headed. I believe you mean "hard-headed" as in not listening? I'm simply stating that there is no IP flagging. I will however, leave you and anyone else to believe what you want. Pretty much finished arguing all I can. IIRC, I remember seeing him on PB with a yellow name (moderator rank?). He just stated that he used powerbot in his previous post.

You have no reason to be scared of anyone on any forum.. It is a debate for a reason? You state that there are IP flags, I state that there aren't.

IMHO, @OP got banned from the reflection update yesterday not from any IP flag that everyone seems to be blaming every time a ban happens.
    Yeah you're right, was probably testing powerbot that time.

But euhm, in my case:

I was botting osrs on an account with tribot (this was on a VPS).
    Got banned in several days already (osrs was just released I think? and everybody was getting banned pretty fast)

2-3 days laters I was using my main on this VPS (i forgot that the VPS was "flagged")

At that time I was botting pretty much 24/7 with my main safely.
    My main had a 14 day after few hours of botting on that VPS.
    (I don't think it's a coincidence, was also agility (nothing goldfarming))

Do note:
    this was BEFORE the crazy banwaves, where everybody was botting 24/7 and not getting banned.
    Botting was relatively very safe then, except a few scripts that got targeted @ powerbot (mostly goldfarming)

So in this case I believed that my VPS got flagged.
    Maybe they store IP's for few weeks to check suspicious activity's, I dunno...

Another source:

Someone on this forum (who would like to stay anonymous)
    He was getting instant banned making accounts on RS official browser, until he changed his MAC.
    (also before the crazy banwaves)
    That resolved the issue.
    Last edited by Sjoe; 01-18-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    252 Post(s)

*whispers* 'i think hes a jagex spy infiltrating our system...' haha jk but hes scaring me too!

View my OSR Script Repository!

Botted to max
    Guides: How to Report Bugs to the Scripter
    ~~~~ Moved to Java. Currently Lurking ~~~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information