Thread: permabanned for suicide botting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Default permabanned for suicide botting

i were suicide botting for 2 days and seems like i got permabanned lol rip 110 lvl acc, do you think if simba is being detected or am i just stupid for suicide botting?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Although it's possible for Simba/SMART to be detected it was most likely the script you were using. Botting for long periods using the same script/method is always a risk no matter what bot/client you are using.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Yeah i used a lot of different scripts but i used mining script the most, it mined iron like 20h total probably. Im a bit surprised that i got banned so fast

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

As Harrier mentioned they have the capabilities to detect SMART, but for some reason they don't bother.
    So it was most likely the script and the time used.

If you were using a public script, public scripts always yield a higher risk, because jagex can collect data and find consistencies.
    That's another reason why everyone should learn scripting and make their own scripts.

On another note pitty your account was so high level
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Yeah well its okay that i got banned, runescape is trash game anyway imo xD osrs much better :P

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Amen to that my brother.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

joopi where are you from btw? i know one guy who uses same nickname as you

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Personally I see suicide botting as retarded at best. On the other end it's rude and malicious at the worst. You are basically telling Jager hey here is a script take my data to find others using the same thing. You are making the script less safe for others by suicide botting essentially ruining a script created by someone else.

But again this is just my opinion. We have multi player for a reason.

"Sometimes User's don't need the Answer spelled out with Code. Sometimes all they need is guidance and explanation of the logic to get where they are going."

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Personally I see suicide botting as retarded at best. On the other end it's rude and malicious at the worst. You are basically telling Jagex "hey here is a script take my data to find others using the same thing." You are making the script less safe for others by suicide botting essentially ruining a script created by someone else.

A founding principle here on villavu.com is quite literally blending in. Making our scripts so human like that you can't tell it's a bot.
    Last edited by BraK; 11-11-2015 at 05:27 PM.

"Sometimes User's don't need the Answer spelled out with Code. Sometimes all they need is guidance and explanation of the logic to get where they are going."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BraK View Post
    Personally I see suicide botting as retarded at best. On the other end it's rude and malicious at the worst. You are basically telling Jager hey here is a script take my data to find others using the same thing. You are making the script less safe for others by suicide botting essentially ruining a script created by someone else.

Couldn't Jagex just as easily come to this site and look at the source code of each script and take advantage of it, same way they can take advantage of people who suicide bot?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

They could but honestly. They are probably way more worried about the larger sites. Also when done right you really can't tell the difference. Are they going to ban everyone that seems to be doing it a certain way. How many legit players would be banned ( people still legit runescape?)

Here's an old script that everyone should have access to. It has a video you should check it out.

https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67285
    Last edited by BraK; 11-11-2015 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

I agree they probably don't spend any resources going for the smaller bot sites, similar to how RiD and Simba have always been off the radar in the past.

Also if they did try to take advantage of the open sourced community here, we would know about it because I think a lot of bans would occur (assuming they could take advantage of the source code).

edit: That's an interesting script. Would have been highly useful to me as I used to create quite a few accounts as a hobby.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

There have always been bans on poorly made scripts. My first script in 2006 got my main at the time banned. I was doing fletching and got a lvl 110 account banned. The better the script the less able to tell you apart from actual players. It's the main reason so much weight is placed on player reporting.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

For sure man. Player reporting has never been as huge as it is today, on OldSchool RS. Not sure how it's like on RS3, but Weath (guy in charge of banning bots on 07) mentioned that he and his small team go over every single report. That's really scary to me. I don't think getting reported back in the golden days had a huge impact, I could bot 24/7 with Simba (I remember using zmon's RuneSpan script for hours on end and achieved 99 RC in no time), RiD, neXus etc and get away with it. That's just not possible anymore (suicide botting I mean).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BraK View Post
    There have always been bans on poorly made scripts. My first script in 2006 got my main at the time banned. I was doing fletching and got a lvl 110 account banned. The better the script the less able to tell you apart from actual players. It's the main reason so much weight is placed on player reporting.
    true, I have thought this for quite some time now and what if people have public chat off or just to friends? usually people would go to you and ask: Hi, Bot? And if they didn't respond they would report you right? That's just shit though they do not have any proof of you bottng they just think you are because your chat is off.

About the other thing
    Couldn't Jagex just as easily come to this site and look at the source code of each script and take advantage of it, same way they can take advantage of people who suicide bot?
    Yes this could be possible. They come to the website, get the scripts and look at the antiban, (example all those randoms between 25,50.) they can store it into an database and then the antiban system would be able to look it up. They might even have an automatic system for that. The more antiban the more time would it take for the macroing system to gather all the information. Now this could very well be one of their detection methods.

This below is just what I think

Another thing that I thought of was their deob (runescape client). They do have more than one detection method and one of those are packets. I remember setting up an deob to dump some important information from it and I saw the packets. When I was afk I saw an packet sent and after about 2 seconds I logged out. I think that's the same way their system works. Every 5 minutes or so it will sent an packet and that packet will send information back to the server and log it, bot detection.

another reason for the bans is probably that they store information from each and every client and if more than one run the same script with the same antiban its quite obvious that its not an real player (That's why personal antiban is good)

Btw sorry for your account

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Im confused here...
    So you were suicide botting... and didnt expect to get banned? i think its right in the name, 'suicide' botting.

are you looking for pitty? are you looking to warn others? "hey guys, dont suicide bot, youll probably get banned"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    Im confused here...
    So you were suicide botting... and didnt expect to get banned? i think its right in the name, 'suicide' botting.

are you looking for pitty? are you looking to warn others? "hey guys, dont suicide bot, youll probably get banned"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aufi View Post
    I'm confused here.

Are you asking me or him? If you asked me then no, I take for granted that people aren't that stupied to suicide bot and hope that they will get away with it especially if its an public script

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

I will respond to this because the last post was recent... i have written my own custom combat script... i have been suicide botting between every update, until i quit....

If you modify or entirely right your own script the odds are slightly in you favour... i do suicide bot my script for the fun of it. As i have lost all interest in RS.

Make sure you pick a low populated area... and have the script log out if someone tries to talk to you... simple

<------------------>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

What's the point of suicide botting? You want to get banned because you're done with the game?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

I play against jagex... not with them. As they are my own private scripts... i needed to get my own kicks one was or another?....

for me it is a game of how long, i can go with out getting banned =P

Before i published my script publicly... i had made well over 200k cballs without a problem. Non stop.

Then i made a new fighting script which had a 5 day proggy until; the update logged it out... it would still be going strong if i was still interested. (think i got 60+ combat on a pure within this time.)

I had another hunter script which pretty much did the same...

PS. i dont plan on getting banned... but it is part of the exercise.

<------------------>

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibizaprotwist View Post
    i were suicide botting for 2 days and seems like i got permabanned lol rip 110 lvl acc, do you think if simba is being detected or am i just stupid for suicide botting?
    At lvl 110. make a nice NMZ script... i have never known anyone to get banned in NMZ... providing the script logs out ones the NMZ instance is over.

<------------------>

Thread Information