Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should all drugs be decriminalized?

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    No. Anything besides weed is absolutely horrible for you and will mess you up for life. I know people who've done things like MDMA, acid, molly, one time and they were noticeably stupider.

Me: "Dude...you're an idiot. Like, really. You're dumb now."

Them: "Yeah dude, I f**ked up. I know. Biggest regret of my life."
    MDMA == Molly. Maybe your friend was stupid to begin with? MDMA is very much like weed, it's effects are 100x that of a sativa strain in my opinion. Like cannabis it is pretty safe. Like cannabis you can get stuff with shit mixed in. LMA often gets sold in the place of MDMA. MDMA is pretty safe, only the tw*ts who use it frequently get messed up, this is the same with cannabis. This is like anything in life, if you eat too many burgers you become obese, if you inhale pure oxygen, you can die. Considering the power of MDMA you aren't supposed to take it (IMO) more than once every 1-2 months. When you do drugs you need to do them safely. Good job on calling your friends idiots tho.

Edit:

Now back to the discussion; if you're looking for evidence on why (hard) drugs are bad for you, you can literally Google "drugs r bad m'kay" and be presented with thousands of studies performed by reputable persons or organizations that support my claim.
    I'm sorry but, this is plain stupidity, I am a fan of cannabis but your argument is pretty petty.

The US owns a patent. This patent allows the use of Cannabis medically. However it disallows scientific research of cannabis (its illegal). Therefore; there is no official research as to why cannabis is harmful or as to why it is good. Saying this...I can say that cannabis is bad, and you can't give me any official research to say otherwise.

More ontopic. I agree with OP. Weed should be decriminalized-(&legalized), regulated and taxed. Crime goes down, the economy and state of living improves.
    Last edited by Kasi; 06-15-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    MDMA == Molly. Maybe your friend was stupid to begin with? MDMA is very much like weed, it's effects are 100x that of a sativa strain in my opinion. Like cannabis it is pretty safe. Like cannabis you can get stuff with shit mixed in. LMA often gets sold in the place of MDMA. MDMA is pretty safe, only the tw*ts who use it frequently get messed up, this is the same with cannabis. This is like anything in life, if you eat too many burgers you become obese, if you inhale pure oxygen, you can die. Considering the power of MDMA you aren't supposed to take it (IMO) more than once every 1-2 months. When you do drugs you need to do them safely. Good job on calling your friends idiots tho.
    I'm not sure about you, but here, molly is mainly MDMA but it's also mixed with other stuff--namely coke and smack. Otherwise I agree.

I'm sorry but, this is plain stupidity, I am a fan of cannabis but your argument is pretty petty.

The US owns a patent. This patent allows the use of Cannabis medically. However it disallows scientific research of cannabis (its illegal). Therefore; there is no official research as to why cannabis is harmful or as to why it is good. Saying this...I can say that cannabis is bad, and you can't give me any official research to say otherwise.

More ontopic. I agree with OP. Weed should be decriminalized-(&legalized), regulated and taxed. Crime goes down, the economy and state of living improves.
    I'm a fan of weed too. I totally agree with this. I don't view weed as a hard drug.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

I'm not sure about you, but here, molly is mainly MDMA but it's also mixed with other stuff--namely coke and smack. Otherwise I agree.

I'm a fan of weed too. I totally agree with this. I don't view weed as a hard drug.
    Molly isn't "mainly" MDMA. Molly IS powdered / crystal MDMA. However with all powdered drugs, stuff does get mixed in. This should not be mistaken for "Pure Molly" as it has stuff mixed in. (Pure Molly == MDMA). Considering this; maybe your friend got a batch of molly with rat poison in it? (Know your drug dealer kids...else you become dumb).

If you totally agree with what i have said then you also must agree with the fact that other drugs aren't as harmful either.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

@KeepBotting; what good are we doing by sending drug users to prison who have never committed a crime against another person to jail for 1, 5, 20, life doing to help them or society?

Ever heard of 3 strikes your out? It's a system in which you get sent to life in prison on your third felony offense. Yes, that means people are serving life sentences right now who have never committed a violent act.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    @KeepBotting; what good are we doing by sending drug users to prison who have never committed a crime against another person to jail for 1, 5, 20, life doing to help them or society?

Ever heard of 3 strikes your out? It's a system in which you get sent to life in prison on your third felony offense. Yes, that means people are serving life sentences right now who have never committed a violent act.
    I agree with this sentiment. Especially since being forced to socialize with real hard criminals in over-crowded prisons does far more harm to them and society than good.

However, hard drugs that will seriously mess you up have to be discouraged somehow... Overall, I think this is one of those un-solvable problems, it's gotten to a point where it is probably far too large to control. The best we can hope for is to contain the influence and proliferation of these drugs; legalizing/decriminalizing them would most definitely not help in this regard. I see this and many other problems in the same light as the gun-ownership debate. It is too late and would cost far far too much to do anything about it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

maybe your friend got a batch of molly with rat poison in it? (Know your drug dealer kids...else you become dumb).
    Not sure about the USA, but here in the Netherlands you can let your drugs get tested. It is common if someone buys drugs to send one pill to such a test facility and get a report of what is actually inside.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masterBB View Post
    Not sure about the USA, but here in the Netherlands you can let your drugs get tested. It is common if someone buys drugs to send one pill to such a test facility and get a report of what is actually inside.
    Ah i'm from uk, but im guessing its something similar in the US. I've never actually heard of getting drugs tested. Being mainly a Cannabis smoker i do doubt that we can get it tested as medical research is also forbidden (i don't know where the boundary lies between this and testing). It would be great if we had something similar here as drugs would be more openly discussed / people wouldn't be as ill informed E.G (not picking on @KeepBotting) but MDMA makes you stupid? like seriously? its pretty damn vague on how it makes you stupid etc. I personally would love the idea of sending a sample of substance and getting a report. Mainly so you can look after your health but also so you know if the drug is reliably sourced. It seems as if it would be unlikely because these drugs would have to legalized in which case the gov might as well regulate and tax.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Ah i'm from uk, but im guessing its something similar in the US. I've never actually heard of getting drugs tested. Being mainly a Cannabis smoker i do doubt that we can get it tested as medical research is also forbidden (i don't know where the boundary lies between this and testing). It would be great if we had something similar here as drugs would be more openly discussed / people wouldn't be as ill informed E.G (not picking on @KeepBotting) but MDMA makes you stupid? like seriously? its pretty damn vague on how it makes you stupid etc. I personally would love the idea of sending a sample of substance and getting a report. Mainly so you can look after your health but also so you know if the drug is reliably sourced. It seems as if it would be unlikely because these drugs would have to legalized in which case the gov might as well regulate and tax.
    Well, it is still illegal. You don't get your sample back. But it is part of our health care system. Everytime bad drugs hit the market people are at risk of dying or getting seriously sick. Therefor it is cheaper and more humane to just setup test facilities(mostly hospitals and medical labs). It checks for poisoness materials and the exact quantities of the working part. So you also get the quality so you don't overdose on accident.

The Netherlands is small. But there are so many test facilities:

e:
    Sad thing is searching "drugs test USA" only results in checks how to fire your drugs addicted employees... sick system imo
    Last edited by masterBB; 06-27-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

@masterBB; Wouldn't the test facilities have some sort of monitor system depending on where the samples are coming from / where the reports are going?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

@masterBB; Wouldn't the test facilities have some sort of monitor system depending on where the samples are coming from / where the reports are going?
    If you mail a tablet in to a service like ecstasydata.org all the information about where it came from is the information you gave them like your state/province or city. The reports are published on their website here along with a code you gave them so you can identify your sample when its results are published.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

It's illegal for Schools here in the US to research Schedule 1 substances as they 'have no medical value and have a high potential for abuse'

Being caught with MDMA in my state is a felony, and a mandatory minimum prison term of 1 year, drivers license taken away, and a massive fine

Oh, and once your a felon you can't vote in a lot of states, and have to put that your a felon on any job application you plan on filling out.

http://www.hughlafollette.com/papers...nsequences.htm

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    It's illegal for Schools here in the US to research Schedule 1 substances as they 'have no medical value and have a high potential for abuse'

Being caught with MDMA in my state is a felony, and a mandatory minimum prison term of 1 year, drivers license taken away, and a massive fine

Oh, and once your a felon you can't vote in a lot of states, and have to put that your a felon on any job application you plan on filling out.

http://www.hughlafollette.com/papers...nsequences.htm
    The US owns a patent. This patent allows the use of Cannabis medically. However it disallows scientific research of cannabis (its illegal).
    It's illegal for everyone in the US.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information