Thread: It's time for chemical warfare.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Default It's time for chemical warfare.

Sick and tired of this little shit-head dog that comes onto my property, specifically in front of my garage door and taking his shit.

btw This has been happening for the last 2 years on and off. My mom doesn't want trouble so she keeps telling me to ignore it. NOPE i'm fed up with THEIR shit.
    what have I tried?
    most obvious would be call the city and get them to issue at least a warning, did it work?

no.
    because unless you have evidence that it did it's thing, IE camp out on the other side of the street with a camera waiting for it to happen, or spend 50-300 dollars to get a surveillance camera only to get it stolen, they can't even issue out a warning.

What I won't try.

"talk to your friendly neighbor about the problem"
    if you actually think talking to someone who has done something wrong is going to fix MOST problems, please, think again.

Warfare... START.

11/16/2015.

Called the city and got told the above ^
    Came home tonight to find a 2nd pile of dog shit.
    Researched online about ways to kil.. I mean prevent the little **** from coming into my yard.
    action plan for tomorrow will be to go to walmart and grab a bottle of cayenne pepper and i'm going to spray the hell out of the side of my lawn where it passes to enter my garage door entrance.

if this fails I think i'll give up and get a cheap ass camera, get evidence, and return before 30 days are up. Hope he enjoys the 350$ fine for unleased dog + defecating.

Probably going to receive a lot of hate, but wish me luck!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

gl.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

edit: don't harm the dog. it doesn't know any better

Buy rubber gloves. Pick up shit. Thrown at neighbor's house. Blame their dog.
    Last edited by Citrus; 11-17-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    Probably going to receive a lot of hate, but wish me luck!
    No shit you're going to get a lot of hate. It isn't the dog's fault the owners haven't taught it properly - don't punish the dog for something it can't understand. Why would your first plan of action be to cayenne pepper your lawn and your second be to get evidence and have him fined? That makes no sense. Punish the owner, not the dog. Bonus points if the owner abuses the animal when he tries to teach it not to go on your lawn; report that, too.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    lold.
    That's a brilliant, nonviolent way to deal with douchebags.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Oh forgot to mention: the owner purposely opens the front door for the dog to go out and take a shit.
    not going to do anything ' illegal '

maybe I Should do it at 2AM in the morning when nobody can see me D;

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    Fantastic. Do this, Citrus. I feel it's the most effective way to address the situation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Call the pound and put the shit in their letterbox.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    Oh forgot to mention: the owner purposely opens the front door for the dog to go out and take a shit.
    not going to do anything ' illegal '

maybe I Should do it at 2AM in the morning when nobody can see me D;
    Call animal control and or the sheriff

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Talking to people actually does work 9 times out of 10. I'm not sure where you live, but in Australia if you've got a problem with a neighbour you talk to them, not kill their dog for being a dog and doing things that dogs do.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Really, you tried to involve the "authorities", before talking to your neighbor? Fucking noob.

I'd be talking to the neighbor before doing anything, at least to see if you can get him to pick it up.
    if that doesn't work one could pick the crap up, place it on the neighbor doorstep (every once in a while), that could get his attention.

And then I'd set up a fence... because.

But really, I would most likely not have given a shit.
    Last edited by slacky; 11-19-2015 at 05:57 AM.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

I've "accidentally" talked to the neighbor already. although at the time I did not know it was him.
    I was cleaning up his dogs shit by shoveling it off onto the road because fuck it im not putting his shit on my lawn, and while he asked me what I was doing I told him that *points to HIS house*'s dog has been taking shits on my property.

he responded with "<insert angry annoyed irritated voice> so what, doesn't mean you can do that "and left in his car after we argued for a bit.
    and like I said, i'm not going to do anything illegal to "get back" at the asshole.

not worth it.

couldn't buy the peppers... used black pepper instead, hope the snow doesn't melt it all away.

so yeah, i'm not bothering with that again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Antifreeze tastes sweet to animals...
    If you aren't a psychopath like most of us, then this probably wouldn't be the best idea for you. Honestly, just deal with it. Harming the animal may allow your neighbor to sue you. If that was the case, then who would really get the last laugh. Like everything, keep a level head. A dog shitting in your yard occasionally or even daily shouldn't bother you THAT much. If it does, I would hate to see what kind of parent you would be.

Thread Information