Thread: why is gold dropping so hard?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

Default why is gold dropping so hard?

any idea why in rs3 gold price is dropping so much?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

Bond prices are going up. 9m offer has been sitting there for 3 hours.

$5/9m = 55 cents/mil most big sellers usually sell for 45 cents per mil. So they have to sell for less to compete.

Of course I could be wrong. This is my theory. Why bonds went up? idk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Camel View Post
    Bond prices are going up. 9m offer has been sitting there for 3 hours.

$5/9m = 55 cents/mil most big sellers usually sell for 45 cents per mil. So they have to sell for less to compete.

Of course I could be wrong. This is my theory. Why bonds went up? idk.
    oh lol i ment price of gold ore

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Gold always fluctuates depending on current demand. I've seen it drop to 0.2 before, but I've also seen bulk buyers buy at > 0.5. If there is lower demand for gold then the prices drop. Since OSR f2p was released more people would be moving to OSR, hence lower demand for RS3. Bonds are most likely increasing because of the influx of new players to OSR too.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Gold always fluctuates depending on current demand. I've seen it drop to 0.2 before, but I've also seen bulk buyers buy at > 0.5. If there is lower demand for gold then the prices drop. Since OSR f2p was released more people would be moving to OSR, hence lower demand for RS3. Bonds are most likely increasing because of the influx of new players to OSR too.
    he's not talking about rwt =p

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Concentrated gold ore from LRC, in addition to mass gold ore drops from PvM, have led to pretty much a permanent surplus of gold ore. LRC was the primary method for obtaining 99/200m mining before Elf City.

More recently, the rare drop table was updated to provide greater gold ore drops.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxjq View Post
    any idea why in rs3 gold price is dropping so much?
    Have you seen how many bots are there lately? In most worlds more than half population. Have you seen ban rates lately? We have huge concurent we maybe dont know about yet. Might be color or open gl bot, i quess out of their fails when i try to mess with them. Swamp lizzards for example has like atleast 300 those bots running every single day, most of them survive to 70-80 hunting max, but still they proffitabe. Green drags the same, also seen very increased amount of pvm bots lately. Bank standing also doing their job to generate money into a game.

Probably the sad truth is nearly no one really plays rs3 anymore, if someone plays it goldfarms/bots it. Most money were going on bonds to rs07. Now when last week jagex anounced there will be bonds in rs07 there is no reason to goldfarm rs3 anymore. I my worst feeling i suspect rs3 totally gets shut down within a year or so. Jagex is so desperate that they dont even ban obvious bots anymore. If they would ban all they would lose 80 perent of worlds population sometime I have an example at lizzards. Guy is stuck on other side of river clicking my bots trees whole 6 hours every constant day for past 2 weeks, next 18 hours he just hunt there. then taking 6 hours break by watching my bot doing a job past 2 weeks. No ban yet.

Jagex in a situation where bots are majority just can do 2 things: ban them all and kill the game, since no one will play rs after sees 10-20 players population. Second is let bots compete themselves and kill them economically/make frustration(frustration the one i felt with dragons bots when extremely obvious ones werent getting banned at all, and all other being dropped within 2 hours max). They probably expect concurention/unbannings of big farms to kill smaller farms. Then they could deal with big ones like they do with powerbot each monday

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cosmasjdz View Post
    Have you seen how many bots are there lately? In most worlds more than half population. Have you seen ban rates lately? We have huge concurent we maybe dont know about yet. Might be color or open gl bot, i quess out of their fails when i try to mess with them. Swamp lizzards for example has like atleast 300 those bots running every single day, most of them survive to 70-80 hunting max, but still they proffitabe. Green drags the same, also seen very increased amount of pvm bots lately. Bank standing also doing their job to generate money into a game.

Probably the sad truth is nearly no one really plays rs3 anymore, if someone plays it goldfarms/bots it. Most money were going on bonds to rs07. Now when last week jagex anounced there will be bonds in rs07 there is no reason to goldfarm rs3 anymore. I my worst feeling i suspect rs3 totally gets shut down within a year or so. Jagex is so desperate that they dont even ban obvious bots anymore. If they would ban all they would lose 80 perent of worlds population sometime I have an example at lizzards. Guy is stuck on other side of river clicking my bots trees whole 6 hours every constant day for past 2 weeks, next 18 hours he just hunt there. then taking 6 hours break by watching my bot doing a job past week. No ban yet.

Jagex in a situation where bots are majority just can do 2 things: ban them all and kill the game, since no one will play rs after sees 10-20 players population. Second is let bots compete themselves and kill them economically/make frustration(frustration the one i felt with dragons bots when extremely obvious ones werent getting banned at all, and all other being dropped within 2 hours max). They probably expect concurention/unbannings of big farms to kill smaller farms. Then they could deal with big ones like they do with powerbot each monday
    oh lol i ment price of gold ore
    He means the item "gold ore" not RSGP.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

oh yeah 3rd post lol.. Also there could be reason d bones crash too because of elf city?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Yeah, there are far too many alternatives to dragon bones now for training prayer.
    Hefin crystal cleansing, frost dragon bones, dagannoth king bones, searing ashes, infernal ashes. Monsters dropping these items have become extremely easy to kill post-EoC, creating surplus.

Also take note that the value of XP is decreasing overall, with insane treasure hunter promotions becoming the norm, almost to the point where double XP weekend is no different than normal gameplay. My main account has over 50m bonus XP stored, lol. Most of it is in Slayer, though. Looking forward to 120/200m slayer.

RS3 is changing, yes, but if you keep your eyes open for it and prepare yourself/your scripts/your farms, you will still come out ahead and profit.
    Last edited by Clarity; 03-17-2015 at 07:22 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

hmm so you guys dont see gold ORE price going up in the future?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

No, not at all. There's too much in the economy from LRC and PvM, and no good sinks for it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

time to train f2p crafting :P
    Formerly known as Undorak7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Supply and demand affects the price.
    The supply of gold ore is very high because it's a great way to train mining both for P2P and F2P. That means that the supply is bigger than the demand, so the price of the item drops.
    The same thing applies to dragon bones. There's coming new ways to train prayer, so the demand for the bones drops but the supply stays at the same level. So the price drops.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

No, it's a pretty common drop from the RDT now so that means anyone who likes to train slayer will end up with a ton of it...not to mention goldsmithing isn't the premier way of training smithing anymore, rune2h on portable forges should be faster with less loss (at least this is how the people I know on RS have been going for 120 smithing) unless something truly outrageous is going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cosmasjdz View Post

Probably the sad truth is nearly no one really plays rs3 anymore, if someone plays it goldfarms/bots it. Most money were going on bonds to rs07. Now when last week jagex anounced there will be bonds in rs07 there is no reason to goldfarm rs3 anymore. I my worst feeling i suspect rs3 totally gets shut down within a year or so. Jagex is so desperate that they dont even ban obvious bots anymore. If they would ban all they would lose 80 perent of worlds population sometime I have an example at lizzards. Guy is stuck on other side of river clicking my bots trees whole 6 hours every constant day for past 2 weeks, next 18 hours he just hunt there. then taking 6 hours break by watching my bot doing a job past 2 weeks. No ban yet.

Totally agree with you! Rs3 is a botting game now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

I would imagine that, with elf city, and with how much gold ore drops from bosses nowadays; that it really isn't as valuable as before. There's many more efficient methods to level mining/smithing now as opposed to before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

lrc just dropping ore instead of superheating, i dont think it would be because of bans at lrc as i can't even see one that works right now i may be wrong

Thread Information