Thread: Help needed, Paypal.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Default Help needed, Paypal.

Hi guyz,

My country (Argentina) sucks, and it does not accept foreign currency, so now i cant trade through paypal.. is there any way to register a paypal account in another country(Us preferably) ? or will i have to switch and trade in bitcoins? or maybe is there another method i can use to sell gold?

Thanks in advance, Undorak7

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

So Paypal limits ur transaction such that u cant receive foreign currency?
    Can u ask ur sender to convert the currency to ur native currency before sending to u then?
    Or try skrill?

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Wow, I never knew the Argentine gov't blocks currency swaps/exchanges via paypal. Thats worse than what I thought after what happened in 1999.

I heard that Uruguay has some loopholes when it comes to currency swaps/exchanges.

I don't know if you'll find it easy to get a seller who accepts Argentine Pesos for bitcoins.

Also, this has got to be very tough to deal with in Argentina

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riwu View Post
    So Paypal limits ur transaction such that u cant receive foreign currency?
    Can u ask ur sender to convert the currency to ur native currency before sending to u then?
    Or try skrill?
    Paypal Doesen't allow people from Foreign countries send me any money through paypal, Ill look whats up about skrill then, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Wow, I never knew the Argentine gov't blocks currency swaps/exchanges via paypal. Thats worse than what I thought after what happened in 1999.

I heard that Uruguay has some loopholes when it comes to currency swaps/exchanges.

I don't know if you'll find it easy to get a seller who accepts Argentine Pesos for bitcoins.

Also, this has got to be very tough to deal with in Argentina
    Wow! im amazed you know so much about my country and Uruguay usually no one cares about South America lol.

the 35%+ tax with credit/debit is because there is a black market for dollars in my country! you are supposed to be able to exchange dollars at 1:8,5 pesos with the State, but they dont let you, so in the street you have to exchange for 1:14,7 pesos (it has even reached 16 at a point). So, yeah... my country sucks! Bringing money through Uruguay is a very used method around here in argentina, since you just have to take a boat to uruguay, go to a bank, and come back (there is almost no cost guard in argentina)

Alhotugh, i forgot to mention i do not need to bring the money to argentina so i can leave it in the US. My father has bussines there but i dont know the full legality of selliing rs Gold via Paypal so i didnt wanted to involve him.

And yeah, my country sucks hard.

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

I knew most of this because I studied the Argentine Crisis of 1999 in my International Economics class last semester.

That's gotta be extremely tough to deal with man, I don't know what I would do if I saw inflation at triple digits or hearing that my government will take my money out of my bank account and replace it with junk government bonds.

I gotta applaud you for dealing with this kind of hardship, and your country doesn't suck. Its just your government that ruins it each time there is some sort of prosperity or economic expansion in your country (which is rare because the govt does whatever it can to reverse prosperity into hardship.
    Quote Originally Posted by undorak7 View Post
    Wow! im amazed you know so much about my country and Uruguay usually no one cares about South America lol.

the 35%+ tax with credit/debit is because there is a black market for dollars in my country! you are supposed to be able to exchange dollars at 1:8,5 pesos with the State, but they dont let you, so in the street you have to exchange for 1:14,7 pesos (it has even reached 16 at a point). So, yeah... my country sucks! Bringing money through Uruguay is a very used method around here in argentina, since you just have to take a boat to uruguay, go to a bank, and come back (there is almost no cost guard in argentina)

Alhotugh, i forgot to mention i do not need to bring the money to argentina so i can leave it in the US. My father has bussines there but i dont know the full legality of selliing rs Gold via Paypal so i didnt wanted to involve him.

And yeah, my country sucks hard.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

If you are looking to sell to bulk buyers @sythe then it's really easy to sell for bitcoins. And I think it will be easier to find ppl who want to buy bitcoins with your local currency than trading rsgp for your local currency.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSnob View Post
    ETA's don't exist in SRL like they did in other communities. Want a faster update? Help out with updating, otherwise just gotta wait it out.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weequ View Post
    If you are looking to sell to bulk buyers @sythe then it's really easy to sell for bitcoins. And I think it will be easier to find ppl who want to buy bitcoins with your local currency than trading rsgp for your local currency.
    thx! ill look into that

Thread Information