Thread: Banned mining Iron

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Default Banned mining Iron

Just got my account banned while powermining iron at Varrock. Was using Ashaman's powerminer. I didn't lose much, and have yet to be chainbanned to the rest of my accounts (cross my fingers).

The account I lost was nothing special, but I think I learned a thing or two about banning. I was running roughly 7-8 hours daily, rather systematically, starting at 3, ending around 11, to simulate a schedule, and everything was good. I watched for other people and talked a little. But then I got cocky, thinking I couldn't get banned. I came back to my computer and noticed someone call me out for botting. The very next day I kept going and I come back to find my account perm banned...

Either way, this ban isn't going to slow me down, expect to be seeing more of me Jagex!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

don't think the reports had much to do with it. i've been reporting this 138 at edgeville super-heating for literally 12hrs a day probably more, and he's still kicking.

I think they've just updated their detection / pattern detections.

~ have spent more than 30 bonds and have made nothing so far.

edit: yeah. somethings wrong. a guy that I was planning to use to test a script botted for like 10 minutes and he's banned lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    don't think the reports had much to do with it. i've been reporting this 138 at edgeville super-heating for literally 12hrs a day probably more, and he's still kicking.

edit: yeah. somethings wrong. a guy that I was planning to use to test a script botted for like 10 minutes and he's banned lol
    Considering you're on a botting forum, don't you find that slightly hypocritical?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post

Lol why are you on a botting forum...? Quite sad tbh.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barton View Post
    Lol why are you on a botting forum...? Quite sad tbh.
    Since the idea of Villavu/Simba/SRL is to blend in with the players, and not be an obvious bot. You'll noticed a lot of the higher ups will tell you to report obvious bots (Goldfarmers mainly).
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lama View Post

Damn

LOL didn't even notice this XD.
    Guess my post just made him so mad he decided to spend his first post on it XD

To answer your question;

This guy made it so obvious it was sicking. I don't think he even used any breaks lol either that or his breaks matched mine perfectly which i highly doubt

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Seriously, what's with the stigma against reporting obvious bots? Take into mind the following situation. I only bot 1 or 2 accounts at a time, on the same world each time, so if someone just dumps 10+ bots onto my world and botting location, of course I'm going to report them since they ruined a perfectly good method: In my opinion, an influx of obvious bots in one location draws Jagex's attention, meaning that *all* the bots - his and mine- in that location will be nuked.

And on a side note, I think its funny how the accounts calling out theholyone are extremely new or have not contributed nearly as much as he has to the forums. Makes you wonder what authority they have to question other member's reasons to be on the forums.

Anyway, end rant - to address the OP, shame to hear about the ban, especially on Ashaman's script which has pretty good antiban. Maybe it's the location you are botting? Powermining at varrock implies F2P, so maybe try a location which has less goldfarmers on it. Rimmington is pretty good for iron powermining, as is the Wilderness Hobgoblin mine, if your account's defence is high enough to tank the hobgoblins for the first 15 minutes.

Either way, good luck with the remainder of your accounts and stay safe!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meep152 View Post
    Just a little correction; I have actually not contributed anything to the community as of date besides dumb questions and comments lol

IMO it doesn't really matter how densely packed a place for bots is, its really up to jagex whether or not they want to ban.

take for example varrock east mines.

24/7 bots there mining iron, some are even 80+ mining. ( very rare though )

at the end of the day, reason for bans can have 10 x 10^333333333 possibilities

maybe just unlucky sometimes, maybe script, who knows.

on that note: if you want to power-mine, i'd really go for mayor's VEB.

used that script to level my mining to 60 F2P, bought a bond and now im @ roughly 75 ( this is my main )

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

I don't see a problem with reporting other bots, especially if they're really obvious. I also don't believe in breaks or antiban, so I probably get reported a lot

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Did you regularly play on that account? I think if you solely are powerleveling one stat like that for more than a week or so, it would be suspicious. The systematic start and stop time would be suspicious too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Since the idea of Villavu/Simba/SRL is to blend in with the players, and not be an obvious bot. You'll noticed a lot of the higher ups will tell you to report obvious bots (Goldfarmers mainly).
    Why in the world would you ever report another bot? I've never understood the rationale behind doing something like that..

No one knows how Jagex's detection telemetry works therefore it's in every botter's best interests to try to mitigate the chances of attracting any type of attention to their botting character as much as possible.

We don't know how reports are handled. If they are followed up personally, put into some kind of report tally, a screenshot of the reporting player's gamescreen, a coin is flipped. We have no idea. Therefore, in the interest of frugality, it is in the interest of every botter (whether your script is good or not) to not report any other players whether they be bots or not.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hackingislol133 View Post
    Why in the world would you ever report another bot? I've never understood the rationale behind doing something like that..

No one knows how Jagex's detection telemetry works therefore it's in every botter's best interests to try to mitigate the chances of attracting any type of attention to their botting character as much as possible.

We don't know how reports are handled. If they are followed up personally, put into some kind of report tally, a screenshot of the reporting player's gamescreen, a coin is flipped. We have no idea. Therefore, in the interest of frugality, it is in the interest of every botter (whether your script is good or not) to not report any other players whether they be bots or not.
    We as in who? You speak like everyone here agrees on that, I don't atleast. Why on earth would reporting someone put the reporting player up in some kind of botwatch ladder? I mean that goes against logic, most if not all bots aren't programmed to report anyone afaik.

By the looks of it you aren't thinking at all what you are saying, you are just trying to stir up some shit.
    But oh well. I guess I let you accomplish that didn't I.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YouPee View Post
    We as in who? You speak like everyone here agrees on that, I don't atleast. Why on earth would reporting someone put the reporting player up in some kind of botwatch ladder? I mean that goes against logic, most if not all bots aren't programmed to report anyone afaik.

By the looks of it you aren't thinking at all what you are saying, you are just trying to stir up some shit.
    But oh well. I guess I let you accomplish that didn't I.

Reporting bots is not the dominant strategy. I think you missed the point so I'll illustrate it.

Let's assume your report results in a bot being banned. Over the course of years, your reports leads to the bannings of hundreds of bots. What did you gain from this? Assuming that you're running a moneymaking script like mining iron or something, you've probably bolstered your profit as a result of the banned bots no longer contributing to the supply of iron.

But how much extra gold did you gain? I'm willing to bet not a lot. The hundreds of iron mining bots you helped to ban probably isn't even a visible fraction of the actual amount of iron mining bots in the game. Further more, every time you ban a bot, the self-interested human controller that bot will likely just produce another one.

Was it worth it? Was reporting all of those bots when you don't know the repercussions of your actions worth the marginal profit you gained through their disappearance? I used the word "we" very specifically because no one knows how Jagex's anti-cheat system works. We don't know any of the factors that are factored into bannings. People believe Jagex uses a handful of methods: mouse movement, breaks, IP, frequency, time-logged in, etc. All valid guesses, but again no one knows what the actual factors are. Because "we" do not know what factors contribute to bannings, the dominant strategy is to assume anything and everything could contribute to detection. In an environment where there are countless numbers of unknowns, the dominant strategy is to maximize frugality to leave the smallest possible footprint on the environment.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

That's a shame mate - try and do this in less populated worlds. I got banned runecrafting due to a report.

Thread Information