Thread: Mouse cursor teleporting due to enabling/disabling SMART

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default Mouse cursor teleporting due to enabling/disabling SMART

As the title suggests, I'm concerned with the instant cursor movement when enabling and disabling SMART using the button in the bottom left corner. For disabling, the cursor teleports from where ever it was set by your script to your real mouse cursor, and for enabling, it goes from where ever your real mouse is to (-1,-1).

I have included in all of my scripts a part that makes the mouse cursor move outside the RS client (to the right side) before shutting down the script, and thus, I never teleport in and out of the RS client.

My question is: given this safety measure, should I still be concerned with teleporting cursors? Or, rather, can RS track your cursor location even when it's outside of the RS client? When you click to enable SMART and your cursor jumps to (-1, -1), does RS see (90,527) -> (-1,-1) or does it see (out of bounds) -> (out of bounds)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From my research (Of course no one knows exactly how they detect bots) Jagex currently seems to not track mouse movements, but rather clicks and their timing on the client from what I've gathered. I've ran into this exact issue with the mouse jumping on an account I used for testing when making some scripts. Thankfully after 3~ weeks it's still alive which makes me want to conclude this as well from my personal experience. Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply. I did some amateur testing where I dragged an item in my inventory by its right-most pixel and pulled it so far to the right that my mouse cursor was in the black zone (outside the RS screen but just inside the SMART client) and the item responded to moving my cursor up and down in that position. This means that it could track my mouse movement while my left mouse button was down, even when it was in the black zone outside RS (but inside the wrapper client).

I found these two relevant paragraphs from the wiki, but I don't understand them:

Controlling User Input
    SMART has an entire class devoted to keyboard and mouse control. The EventNazi class controls all input, and blocking other input is done via overriding the default event queue. SMART will accept key events while events are blocked, but this is prone to malfunction and hold down keys, so it is not recommended for normal use.

Working with Simba/SCAR
    SMART provides many low level methods in order to seamlessly integrate with any script without having to modify that script. SMART also implements the Extensible Input Output System (EIOS) which abstracts all HID interaction with a window, i.e. keyboard and mouse control. Programs like Simba can use this interface to control the input devices SMART provides.
    It's so frustrating because I've gotten banned a few times and in my mind I've eliminated all bot-like behaviors and made it as human-like as possible. I just can't think of anything else...

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Many people here haven't used mouse movements for years, including myself, with no resulting bans. It would be pretty impractical for Jagex to track them as a means of detecting cheaters, when there are far easier and less resource demanding methods at their disposal. Anyone trying to convince you how great their latest human-like biometric mouse movements are at avoiding bans is just selling something.

You should be randomizing click positions and times of course, but the movements do not appear to be tracked.

I used to obsess over biometrics and human mouse movements before I came to this realization (see: all ogLib scripts use a teleporting mouse and have been used successfully by tons of users). For the past few years, I've only used mouse movements when I've needed to in a script, e.g. drag an item around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hmm thanks for the response. I definitely randomize click locations and timing, as well as everything else I can think of. I'm looking at the script do its thing so similar to the way I'd do it that I don't think that even I could tell us apart, It's driving me nuts! So I'm desperately looking for external reasons, like cursor teleporting, playing schedule, etc, but I'm not clever enough to pinpoint it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shrolozoro View Post
    can RS track your cursor location even when it's outside of the RS client?
    Theoretically yes. In reality my beliefs are in line with Clarity.

But theoretically, yes they could track it if the window is still in focus. If it is not they would need to do some nasty things to track you.

Its worth mentioning for the sake of discussion...the way in which your mouse moves is likely unimportant. But the way your mouse moves is very important.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    Theoretically yes. In reality my beliefs are in line with Clarity.

But theoretically, yes they could track it if the window is still in focus. If it is not they would need to do some nasty things to track you.

Its worth mentioning for the sake of discussion...the way in which your mouse moves is likely unimportant. But the way your mouse moves is very important.
    Sort of related, do you, or anyone else reading, know whether virtual machines (e.g. VMWare) use a "hardware mouse"?
    In other words, would Simba running on a host computer, virtually clicking/sendInputing into a RuneScape client running inside a VM, register as a hardware or virtual click to that RuneScape client?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

VMs themselves no, but @Olly; claims to have a trick up his sleeve for this.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Sort of related, do you, or anyone else reading, know whether virtual machines (e.g. VMWare) use a "hardware mouse"?
    In other words, would Simba running on a host computer, virtually clicking/sendInputing into a RuneScape client running inside a VM, register as a hardware or virtual click to that RuneScape client?
    No every VM I've seen uses a virtualized mouse.

Having said that, I've also not found one that directly injects mouse events either.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

As everyone has said here its probably not a big issue as if jagex really wanted to see if you were botting they would probably be more interested in seeing if your running the game through the offical client or SMART itself which would be easier and give them the evidence they would need to maybe issue a ban.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Yeah, just think about how much data that would be...unreasonable especially when there's so much less resource intense ways to catch botters

Thread Information