Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 3Garrett3's Merchant Aid

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Just wondering if expected profit has increased from 1 - 2%?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwikiwi View Post
    Just wondering if expected profit has increased from 1 - 2%?
    Has the market increased in volatility? I wouldn't expect a lot more than 2% without having a lot more risk. If you're more into high profits you should take up flipping, merching is only really better once you have more than a couple hundred million (rs3) because good flippable items start to run out at that price range.

That said, I haven't run this script in many months. If mohsen gets the script working (looks like he's on the right track) we can run the backchecker again and see if anything has changed over the last 6 months compared to previously.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Jackpot! The data wasn't being parsed correctly, nothing was in the .ini file (apart from player info, starting cash etc...) so I updated the parsing statement and now it's actually throwing an error
    Code:
    Error: "" is an invalid integer at line 867
    Execution failed.
    But itemdata has been written to the ini file, so i think this may just be an issue with formatting of the rswiki page, ill look into fixing it and keep you updated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    Has the market increased in volatility? I wouldn't expect a lot more than 2% without having a lot more risk. If you're more into high profits you should take up flipping, merching is only really better once you have more than a couple hundred million (rs3) because good flippable items start to run out at that price range.

That said, I haven't run this script in many months. If mohsen gets the script working (looks like he's on the right track) we can run the backchecker again and see if anything has changed over the last 6 months compared to previously.
    Not sure mate, but thanks for the overview. Something to think about. Wonder if there's a way to make profit within the fractions of volatility in big items etc.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mohsen View Post
    Jackpot! The data wasn't being parsed correctly, nothing was in the .ini file (apart from player info, starting cash etc...) so I updated the parsing statement and now it's actually throwing an error
    Code:
    Error: "" is an invalid integer at line 867
    Execution failed.
    But itemdata has been written to the ini file, so i think this may just be an issue with formatting of the rswiki page, ill look into fixing it and keep you updated.
    The error is related to receiving a blank string and attempting to turn it into an integer. Whatever is on line 867 is returning "" instead of the expected "X" where X is an int. Again, I don't have access to Simba so I'm not sure what 867 is, but you should look at the string parsing in that area to make sure it's all good.

If you're sure that it's right, you can do a debug (pardon the pseudocode):

Simba Code:
    writeln('Doing item: ' + item.Name);
    getInfoForItem();

// Inside info grabbing (near line 867)

writeln('Text found is: ' + theString);
    //failsafe below this
    if theString = '' then theString := '0'; // The script wouldn't work because a value of 0 will make everything wonky, but it won't crash and you can find out what item (and what property) it fails on
    integer := intToStr(theString); //Something of this sort is probably what is crashing line 867.

Basically you want a debug that says:

"Feather"
    "Text: 10000"
    "Boots"
    "Text: "

and then you go into the RSWiki page for "Boots" and find out that the GE Limit isn't posted, or check the GE API and find out that it limits your page views and you're locked out of the system (therefore can't grab prices for all the items without adding some wait times in there).

Keep it up!

E:

Quote Originally Posted by kiwikiwi View Post
    Not sure mate, but thanks for the overview. Something to think about. Wonder if there's a way to make profit within the fractions of volatility in big items etc.
    *Typically* the items you look for to merchant are high volume items. You want something that changes price on the GE every day. I recently made a script that produces a list of all items in RS that have changed value every day for the last 30 days and are worth >2M and <150M (arbitrary cut-off). There were still ~150 items to look through. I bet if you made a similar list for >200M you'd find there are many less items but still a good chunk of them that change prices frequently enough. Changing prices wildly (volatility) means more risk but more potential reward.
    Last edited by 3Garrett3; 09-24-2015 at 01:43 PM.

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

This is as far as i have gotten. the problem is at the strtoint statement at line 870 returning 0 every time, if someone could take a look and maybe find something im just not seeing.MerchantAidPublic.simba

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

This is as far as i have gotten. the problem is at the strtoint statement at line 870 returning 0 every time, if someone could take a look and maybe find something im just not seeing.MerchantAidPublic.simba
    I'd guess that the problem is the line:

Simba Code:
    rplc := ExtractFromStr(Between('Exchange limit</a>:</b> ', '</li><li><b><a href="/wiki/GED#Categories" ', Page),0);

I can't access the RSWikia pagesource right now but I'd be willing to bet that you're missing something in the parse. I find the most sure-fire way to get this right is to add writeln(X) after each step. So in this case work backwards one step. Writeln what the final parsed text is. Then writeln what the step before that is. Try it without the "ExtractFromStr" because I'm not even sure if that's required (it might be to get rid of commas, not sure). Just rplc := between(X, Y, page);

Then try fiddling with X/Y until it grabs the right values.

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Yes, I use it to get rid of commas, as otherwise the result would be 10,000 instead of 10000, which just throws an error at the strtoint part. The parse is working fine, as at first that was what i suspected too, but i checked and it gets the correct value. You sound like you are working from a phone, what happened to your PC?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Yes, I use it to get rid of commas, as otherwise the result would be 10,000 instead of 10000, which just throws an error at the strtoint part. The parse is working fine, as at first that was what i suspected too, but i checked and it gets the correct value. You sound like you are working from a phone, what happened to your PC?
    I'm a little confused. You said it's returning 0 when you do strToInt(rplc); but you said rplc is the correct number every time? That's... extremely weird. I can't think of any reason that it would happen that way so can you explain what exactly is going wrong again?

I'm not on mobile, but I'm on a wireless network that blocks everything, so I can post here but I can't access anything useful to you.

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Yeah, I'm confused too. It's exactly as you've just described it. Writeln('rplc'); writes the correct value of 10000 for spirit shards, but strtoint(rplc) gives an error mesage saying that "" is an invalid integer (It doesn't get past the first item as execution fails).

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Yeah, I'm confused too. It's exactly as you've just described it. Writeln('rplc'); writes the correct value of 10000 for spirit shards, but strtoint(rplc) gives an error mesage saying that "" is an invalid integer (It doesn't get past the first item as execution fails).
    strToIntDef(rplc, 0);

?
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Trying it now keepbotting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    strToIntDef(rplc, 0);

?
    HOLY SHIT IT WORKED!!! Thanks man.

Now it just keeps printing "[Hint] NumSamples overflow: Could only gather -1 samples" four times per item...

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

HOLY SHIT IT WORKED!!! Thanks man.

Now it just keeps printing "[Hint] NumSamples overflow: Could only gather -1 samples" four times per item...
    Well that routine will simply return 0 instead of throwing errors if you pass it an unacceptable string.

It's just a fix for the error, I'm not sure how it will affect the rest of the script.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

But for some reason it returns the correct values. Anyway, back to updating api parsing it is. Thanks so much for your help.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

This is what I talked about earlier, it is grabbing no items from the API page. RS has a pretty strict limit for how many times you can access their pages in rapid succession. You should add waiting between items. Even a few seconds might be enough - it will significantly increase the time that it takes to gather all prices though so be extra patient.

I like hentai.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    The error is related to receiving a blank string and attempting to turn it into an integer. Whatever is on line 867 is returning "" instead of the expected "X" where X is an int. Again, I don't have access to Simba so I'm not sure what 867 is, but you should look at the string parsing in that area to make sure it's all good.

If you're sure that it's right, you can do a debug (pardon the pseudocode):

Simba Code:
    writeln('Doing item: ' + item.Name);
    getInfoForItem();

// Inside info grabbing (near line 867)

writeln('Text found is: ' + theString);
    //failsafe below this
    if theString = '' then theString := '0'; // The script wouldn't work because a value of 0 will make everything wonky, but it won't crash and you can find out what item (and what property) it fails on
    integer := intToStr(theString); //Something of this sort is probably what is crashing line 867.

Basically you want a debug that says:

"Feather"
    "Text: 10000"
    "Boots"
    "Text: "

and then you go into the RSWiki page for "Boots" and find out that the GE Limit isn't posted, or check the GE API and find out that it limits your page views and you're locked out of the system (therefore can't grab prices for all the items without adding some wait times in there).

Keep it up!

E:

*Typically* the items you look for to merchant are high volume items. You want something that changes price on the GE every day. I recently made a script that produces a list of all items in RS that have changed value every day for the last 30 days and are worth >2M and <150M (arbitrary cut-off). There were still ~150 items to look through. I bet if you made a similar list for >200M you'd find there are many less items but still a good chunk of them that change prices frequently enough. Changing prices wildly (volatility) means more risk but more potential reward.
    Mmmm. I'll go away and think about it. Thanksf

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    But for some reason it returns the correct values. Anyway, back to updating api parsing it is. Thanks so much for your help.
    So do you have a working version of this again? If so pls share haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Nope. Gave up when school started again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Trying to figure this out, seems like its working. but .ini file is empty

Script starts.

Asks me if its my first time running script,
    says getting prices,
    then says successfully executed.

am i doing something wrong?

Im Back... Previously known as Megaleech
    [Herbalife]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Can't get it to work, is the latest version ok?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spangly View Post
    Can't get it to work, is the latest version ok?
    Read the thread.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    Read the thread.
    I have read all the thread, it says working on the main post but people report it's not working, so?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spangly View Post
    I have read all the thread, it says working on the main post but people report it's not working, so?
    The last post was in December 2015 and the first post was last edited by @3Garrett3; in March that year. I would say that the script is outdated and that Garrett hasn't had the time/motivation to update it. It's always a good idea to check thread dates, especially last edited dates.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information