Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Runescape Mobile - Announced late 2017

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

Default Runescape Mobile - Announced late 2017

http://services.runescape.com/m=news...n-?oldschool=1

This should be interesting. I for one can't wait to shit and scape.

More importantly though, it will be interesting to see what type of macro software will come as a result of this.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

dope.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

I wonder if it'll be easier to bot on the mobile version. Does color grabbing with bluestacks work with Simba?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yourule97 View Post
    I wonder if it'll be easier to bot on the mobile version. Does color grabbing with bluestacks work with Simba?
    Yeah, botting mobile games is really easy.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Seems like it could have a notable impact on botting. I'll likely be trying out botting on this.

If anybody would like to join me to discuss/work together on developing some mobile-rs scripts, just shoot me a message and I'll setup some discord channels for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

What mobile-rs scripts? This is the same game. Why would you bot on phone app if you can run SMART or client?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guerr View Post
    What mobile-rs scripts? This is the same game. Why would you bot on phone app if you can run SMART or client?
    A new client would probably not feature as many bot detection measures. It could also take fewer resources to run.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)

In addition it might include new features to make the game easier to play on mobile, which might also make botting easier.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yourule97 View Post
    A new client would probably not feature as many bot detection measures. It could also take fewer resources to run.
    Why wouldnt it feature as many bot detection measures? How it could take less resources if you needed emulator to run instead of SMART/Official client?

Quote Originally Posted by senrath View Post
    In addition it might include new features to make the game easier to play on mobile, which might also make botting easier.
    What features for example, if this will be the same game? and how it could make botting easier?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guerr View Post
    What features for example, if this will be the same game? and how it could make botting easier?
    Features as in UI reductions/simplifications to account for the much smaller screen size on a mobile device, and other limitations. RS3 isn't playable on a phone-size screen unless they do something like this. Even OSRS would be crammed as is.

They have to solve left-clicking vs. right-clicking. For example, in Minecraft PC, you left-click to attack/destroy blocks, and right-click to place blocks or do secondary actions. In Minecraft Pocket Edition, they made tapping your finger place blocks, and holding down your finger attack/destroy. Jagex also has to solve how keybinds will work given how a keyboard would take up huge amounts of screen size. If they get rid of keybinds altogether because that isn't feasible, they have to solve how players are expected to manage 50+ actionbar icons onscreen with precision. That seems unreasonable as well, so they might come up with a reduced version of ability usage. Could be argued that this makes botting (input-wise) easier (creating simple versions of complex interfaces) or harder (reducing onscreen content so you have to go through layered UI to get to something that would normally be easily visible on a PC).

Depends what they choose to do. There are also different screen sizes of course (iPhone/small size vs iPad/bigger size). I don't really see the advantage for us with a phone version unless they come up with some amazingly intuitive solutions for UI problems, it takes remarkably less resources to use per client, or using Simba on an emulator is undetectable/less detectable. More informed people might be able to pitch in on whether this completely eliminates the virtual input/genuine input problem? Usage of an emulator doesn't seem like grounds for a ban, sort of like how they wouldn't ban someone for using a virtual machine.

If their iPad size type of version is similar to the main game without much UI change, and iPad/tablet emulators are undetectable/not banned then this would be pretty great I think.

Also, aren't there apps that allow you to automate tasks on other apps? Idk if jailbreak is required. Will be curious if they implement new rules like no emulator/no jailbreak allowed, if that's even detectable. I don't know anything about mobile stuff. Sounds like they would ban based on heuristics.
    Last edited by Clarity; 07-18-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Features as in UI reductions/simplifications to account for the much smaller screen size on a mobile device, and other limitations. RS3 isn't playable on a phone-size screen unless they do something like this. Even OSRS would be crammed as is.

They have to solve left-clicking vs. right-clicking. For example, in Minecraft PC, you left-click to attack/destroy blocks, and right-click to place blocks or do secondary actions. In Minecraft Pocket Edition, they made tapping your finger place blocks, and holding down your finger attack/destroy. Jagex also has to solve how keybinds will work given how a keyboard would take up huge amounts of screen size. If they get rid of keybinds altogether because that isn't feasible, they have to solve how players are expected to manage 50+ actionbar icons onscreen with precision. That seems unreasonable as well, so they might come up with a reduced version of ability usage. Could be argued that this makes botting (input-wise) easier (creating simple versions of complex interfaces) or harder (reducing onscreen content so you have to go through layered UI to get to something that would normally be easily visible on a PC).

Depends what they choose to do. There are also different screen sizes of course (iPhone/small size vs iPad/bigger size). I don't really see the advantage for us with a phone version unless they come up with some amazingly intuitive solutions for UI problems, it takes remarkably less resources to use per client, or using Simba on an emulator is undetectable/less detectable. More informed people might be able to pitch in on whether this completely eliminates the virtual input/genuine input problem? Usage of an emulator doesn't seem like grounds for a ban, sort of like how they wouldn't ban someone for using a virtual machine.

If their iPad size type of version is similar to the main game without much UI change, and iPad/tablet emulators are undetectable/not banned then this would be pretty great I think.

Also, aren't there apps that allow you to automate tasks on other apps? Idk if jailbreak is required. Will be curious if they implement new rules like no emulator/no jailbreak allowed, if that's even detectable. I don't know anything about mobile stuff. Sounds like they would ban based on heuristics.

Runescape mobile is also planned for 2018, so they have something in mind. As for the clicking, they cannot make anything easier than its desktop version as community would trash them for "devaluation" of their current progress.

I wonder about detection, but we wont know anything unless we test it. I honestly dont think this will change anything at all and ban-wise it will be the same.

This however will have massive impact on Runescapes and RWT economy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)

Please, they could very easily make things easier than the desktop version if it means they get people to use the app in the first place, since mobile is a great way to try and get more players in. A direct port of the game with no UI changes would be a horrible experience to use and would actively repel new players.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

For larger tablet-style size, they can just go with a UI optimization, but for phone-size, RS3 is totally unplayable unless they come up with something smaller and simpler that allows for equivalent actionbar and gametab functionality. That or they basically say, RS3 Mobile is for AFK skilling only and PvM is not recommended/legacy combat only.

OSRS just requires a UI resize/reduction, it'll be fine on any mobile device.

Seems really useful for Seren Stones/Priff Waterfall/similar activities.
    Last edited by Clarity; 07-18-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senrath View Post
    Please, they could very easily make things easier than the desktop version if it means they get people to use the app in the first place, since mobile is a great way to try and get more players in. A direct port of the game with no UI changes would be a horrible experience to use and would actively repel new players.
    They wont change the OSRS game mechanics, i dont know about RS3 though.

Do you follow OSRS scene?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)

I follow it enough to know that Jagex will definitely disregard their whining if they think it'll get them more money.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

You'd get instaban on simulator. Way too easy to detect. Trust, I make apps for a living. If you really want to bot an app, download it from iTunes or google play and resign it! After making your modifications of course.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    You'd get instaban on simulator. Way too easy to detect. Trust, I make apps for a living. If you really want to bot an app, download it from iTunes or google play and resign it! After making your modifications of course.
    Why do you believe jagex will be instabanning anybody who is playing on an emulator? That sounds like it carries a significant risk of false positives for anybody who wishes to try out the mobile version without currently having a phone capable of doing so.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

They might add a new rule forbidding emulators if they think that 95%+ of people using emulators will be botting. We'll see. Didn't know they were easily detectable, interesting.

"""Undetectable""" Emulatorz in Disguise Genesis release when?

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    Why do you believe jagex will be instabanning anybody who is playing on an emulator? That sounds like it carries a significant risk of false positives for anybody who wishes to try out the mobile version without currently having a phone capable of doing so.

Because Licenses. False positives? Why would you expect app developers to build an app for you SIMULATOR?? QA doesn't test simulator. They test on real devices. Thus there'd be no false positives. I'd instantly assume anyone testing on a simulator is a dev. If it's not using the certificates that I provided for testing, instaban.

If I created an app, I am compiling it for you and releasing it to the store. I'm not releasing you the code or anything at all. I am not creating it for people who don't have a phone.. I am creating it for the actual AppStore and PlayStore. Apple actually blocks this. You can't install official apps on the official iOS Simulator. For that reason, I'd add stuff in the code like if (simulator), do blah.. otherwise do something else. Ex: Location services do not work in the simulator, so it's common to detect if running on the simulator or on a real device. For games it's very common to first detect the hardware it's running on and do different things depending on the hardware and capabilities available.

But again, why would anyone build an app expecting users that do NOT have a phone to be testing it??? You build an app for people with those devices to use it. Thus, if I were Jagex, I'd instaban everyone that decompiles my app or runs it on the simulator (For Android, you can detect the signature and simulator) -> (For iOS, it's even worse.. just check the signing signature or use the official API's to do so). I've had clients ask to block simulator and jailbroken devices (especially jailbroken devices). I can't imagine Jagex allowing this, but you never know.

Currently two types of users exist pretty much: iOS and Android. I've not met anyone in 2017 that doesn't have either (Windows Phone 10 is not officially unsupported and Blackberry now runs Android OS). If you do not have either one, you aren't going to be testing any apps any time soon.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-19-2017 at 07:02 PM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)

At any rate, they've released some pre-alpha footage here.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Okay, clarifications time. For @Clarity;'s sake! (best puns ever, ty ty here all week)

I'll assume the terms simulator & emulator are being used to refer to the same things (e.g. bluestacks/nox).
    The false positive I'm talking about is bans for cheating/trying to cheat, when not actually doing so.
    Why would you expect app developers to build an app for you SIMULATOR??
    I do not expect that. I didn't state that I expect that.

They test on real devices. Thus there'd be no false positives. I'd instantly assume anyone testing on a simulator is a dev. If it's not using the certificates that I provided for testing, instaban.

snip
    If I load up an emulator, not to bot but to simply check out what rs on mobile is like (e.g. due to not yet having a smartphone) and then due to that my account gets a cheating-related ban, imo that would clearly be a false positive. Do you still disagree with the ban in that situation being a false positive (as defined above)?

Another potential [legitimate] reason off the top of my head to check out rs mobile via an emulator might be to see if it's more efficient to run rs3 in a mobile emulator than running the desktop client. If it's less resource intensive (the desktop nxt client tends to utilize 100% of available gpu resources) and/or more efficient usage of a smaller window, then perhaps either of those reasons could make for a better experience with certain activities (e.g. skilling when also focusing on other things). Thus imo could be something that people might wish to check out.

I'm not saying that they wont instaban (I obviously haven't yet seen them state either way on the subject). However I am definitely disagreeing with the sentiment that everybody who wants to check out what rs mobile is like in an emulator is doing so purely for rule-breaking purposes (unless they explicitly make a rule against that).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

One of the most significant things about this will be lack implicit anti-ban.
    No more mouse swirls to emulate humans getting board - instant taps/clicks will be possible.

It may be easier to get an android client working, then wrapping it like smart's wrappers to provide false location services, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by irc
    [00:55:29] < Guest3097> I lol at how BenLand100 has become noidea
    [01:07:40] <@BenLand100> i'm not noidea i'm
    [01:07:44] -!- BenLand100 is now known as BenLand42-
    [01:07:46] <@BenLand42-> shit
    [01:07:49] -!- BenLand42- is now known as BenLand420
    [01:07:50] <@BenLand420> YEA

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    """Undetectable""" Emulatorz in Disguise Genesis release when?
    Pay the monthly fee and you too can have the most recent estimate of a guess of a possibility of a random release date.

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    One of the most significant things about this will be lack implicit anti-ban.
    No more mouse swirls to emulate humans getting board - instant taps/clicks will be possible.

It may be easier to get an android client working, then wrapping it like smart's wrappers to provide false location services, etc.
    True that, however reading some recent posts from a few users who tested theories just like that I'd say fancy mouse movements have little to no impact on bot-detection, however it's just a theory. But a nice, simple and clean mobile client & interface, like in the preview does look appealing, from a user POV as well as a botting opportunity. Brandon raises some good points though.
    Last edited by Flight; 07-19-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information