Thread: Optimus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Default Optimus

Hey guys, I have heard that Jagex is working on developing a new type of bot nuke. I was reading into it and was wondering what type of bot simba is classified as, Injection or Reflection. Also heard that the nuke took out almost 40% of the population haha, regardless I am still going to bot, but was just wondering how delectable we are to the nukes. Anyone got any ideas?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Color. So usually not affected by any bot nukes. In order to fully eradicate color bots they would have to make the game unplayable for humans, so we have little to worry about.

Even if they did some advanced color-changing this would only be an inconvenience and after we modified our methods we would be back in action pretty quickly. Even if they started automatically detecting the client we use, we would just play on browser with a VM.

We do, however, use reflection for OSRS sometimes. This might be affected.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

I just googled Optimus and it said it was implemented in 2012? Or is this something else...? Obv didn't affect us if it's the one from back then

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaman88 View Post
    I just googled Optimus and it said it was implemented in 2012? Or is this something else...? Obv didn't affect us if it's the one from back then
    I assume he meant a new Optimus. But yeah in general these nukes do nothing to us.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Color. So usually not affected by any bot nukes. In order to fully eradicate color bots they would have to make the game unplayable for humans, so we have little to worry about.

Even if they did some advanced color-changing this would only be an inconvenience and after we modified our methods we would be back in action pretty quickly. Even if they started automatically detecting the client we use, we would just play on browser with a VM.

We do, however, use reflection for OSRS sometimes. This might be affected.
    Or.... Appa!

In this case Simba would fall under the category of 'Screen-scrapers', the lowest thread in the eyes of Jagex, which is fine by me if they retain that attitude. But as Clarity said Simba's surely not as risk, it reads the screen just as a human reading the screen. At most I can understand if SMART is broken which would probably break the plugins that allow us to read colors in OGL mode (although we can just load these plugins without SMART so no worries) or if the nuke was intended for OSR I'm sure the Reflection side of things would be shredded, like before.

This is really nothing for us to worry about, infact I'm all for a couple bot nukes, more available in-game resources for SRL'ers and less competition for real players.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Where did you hear this..
    Maybe i can confirm this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

In my opinion there is nothing to worry. Simba with color finding method is undetectable(flawless script) all current bans are coming from "bad written scripts". So don't worry and bot my friend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Clarity: Oh I see, totally forgot that these scripts mainly use color to do their actions(even though it says 'color' on almost every script haha).

Ashaman: Haha yeah, apparently there is a new one coming out or something? yeah no idea haha.

Hoodz: Ahh hoods me and my friend were disscussing it yesterday haha, just came up out of nowhere, did a bit of googling and
    researching haha.

Bestplox: Awsome

Flight: Haha yeah flight, good to get some of those other botting sites out of the circulation haha, I think I have botted a bit before on OSR, hoping for the best haha, prefer to bot on EOC anyway. Found it funny how in their stats they mentioned that durring the bot nuke, accounts created in China and Korea reduced by 99.9%, them gold farming businesses haha.

However I still raise another question on how Jagex can ban people like 5 years after they have botted. Do they save their logs and check back into them with the program? So everyone that tapped into their servers or reflected can be picked up and banned? Confused with how that whole cluster flutterer worked.

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moneymake View Post
    However I still raise another question on how Jagex can ban people like 5 years after they have botted. Do they save their logs and check back into them with the program? So everyone that tapped into their servers or reflected can be picked up and banned? Confused with how that whole cluster flutterer worked.
    the activities of all players and botters were recorded/saved whenever a player would report another player or when the mouse tracking seemed very different from a non botter.

ClusterFlutterer took out all if not majority of Reflection/Injection clients and scripts.

Most of those bots worked by "Reading" The game code and detecting what to cut/attack/fish/burn/bury.
    Each item has a unique ID, Such as, 1521 for something like a Runite Rock.
    Every few minutes or so, The IDs are randomized, So 1521 might belong to something different, such as Addy Rock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    the activities of all players and botters were recorded/saved whenever a player would report another player or when the mouse tracking seemed very different from a non botter.

ClusterFlutterer took out all if not majority of Reflection/Injection clients and scripts.

Most of those bots worked by "Reading" The game code and detecting what to cut/attack/fish/burn/bury.
    Each item has a unique ID, Such as, 1521 for something like a Runite Rock.
    Every few minutes or so, The IDs are randomized, So 1521 might belong to something different, such as Addy Rock.

Ahh I see, haha that paragraph pretty much overviewed it all for me, scary stuff haha

Thread Information