Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The new RiD Genesis. (again)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    Sounds good, I'm assuming it would still walk to that spot if i was to manually offset it like 30 pixels right?
    Assuming I understand what you mean: atm you can't edit where you want it to walk. But editing tools are one of the last things we want to implement before full release, the first batch was released yesterday.

I am not sure how accurate it would be if you changed the spot you'd like it to walk to, but I can provide an update when that's possible

edit: Btw, just cause I was curious if that Divination bot would still work, I just tested it and can confirm it still walks to the correct spot.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aufi View Post
    Assuming I understand what you mean: atm you can't edit where you want it to walk. But editing tools are one of the last things we want to implement before full release, the first batch was released yesterday.
    I mean if my character wasn't stood in the same position as where i recorded, Would it still walk to the correct position?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

I mean if my character wasn't stood in the same position as where i recorded, Would it still walk to the correct position?
    Ahh. Yeah it walks correctly regardless of position - as long as the destination is visible on the map.
    I also gave onscreen walking a try when it was added, it's surprisingly accurate, although it was just a test bot that walked from A to B, and from B to A again.

It's naptime for me. Any other questions I'll have to answer in the morning.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Ahh. Yeah it walks correctly regardless of position - as long as the destination is visible on the map.

I also gave onscreen walking a try when it was added, it's surprisingly accurate, although it was just a test bot that walked from A to B, and from B to A again.
    Nice to hear, So it's color i'm assuming?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Nice to hear, So it's color i'm assuming?
    The bot is 100% color

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

Yeah it walks correctly regardless of position - as long as the destination is visible on the map.
    That will be it's biggest problem. If it deviates slightly from an area or path it will freak out and will be unable to recover (without recovery methods being explicitly coded in).

Divination isn't a great example of navigation. It has to click on a single point on the map in a single area. That is trivial. I'm more interested to see how accurately it stitches chunks of the minimap together on the fly during calibration, especially with random compass angles as you mentioned. If you have the compass set one way during calibration and then another during actual playback (when you transverse multiple map chunks) there is the possibility that some visible areas won't have been captured during calibration causing it to freak out.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laquisha View Post
    Divination isn't a great example of navigation. It has to click on a single point on the map in a single area.
    I quit Runescape before Divination was released. Was really quite unaware of this.

@Aufi; Can Genesis walk longer paths? say for example, Can it navigate itself through the Abyss? Or walk between a bank and a mine?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

That will be it's biggest problem. If it deviates slightly from an area or path it will freak out and will be unable to recover (without recovery methods being explicitly coded in).

Divination isn't a great example of navigation. It has to click on a single point on the map in a single area. That is trivial. I'm more interested to see how accurately it stitches chunks of the minimap together on the fly during calibration, especially with random compass angles as you mentioned. If you have the compass set one way during calibration and then another during actual playback (when you transverse multiple map chunks) there is the possibility that some visible areas won't have been captured during calibration causing it to freak out.
    Not tried it myself, but I think some users have been able to get the navigation part of a mining and banking bot working (although the full bot that they tried to create had issues if I'm correct).
    The testers were advised to create maps with the camera pointing North when beta was first released. I'm not sure if this has changed or not but I think it was something that RiD is/was working on.
    When the bot runs, it should be able to operate with the compass pointing in any direction.

I can't comment on Genesis navigating through the Abyss (I believe to be slightly more complicated for Genesis than to and from a mine) but I'm certain some users have at least tried, so Aufi will probably know. As far as I know, nobody has created a working Abyss bot as of yet.
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    The testers were advised to create maps with the camera pointing North when beta was first released. I'm not sure if this has changed or not but I think it was something that RiD is/was working on. When the bot runs, it should be able to operate with the compass pointing in any direction.
    Yeah I’m not surprised. With rotated images and the error when loading map chunks (random dots/symbols/colors changing/building edges not aligning) there will be so much noise in the stitched map (think google street view derps). More error=lower accuracy=less stable=more user tinkering required=purpose of genesis is defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    I can't comment on Genesis navigating through the Abyss (I believe to be slightly more complicated for Genesis than to and from a mine) but I'm certain some users have at least tried, so Aufi will probably know. As far as I know, nobody has created a working Abyss bot as of yet.
    Slightly more complicated is an understatement. A massive understatement as there is so much more room for error. I’m not even up to date with genesis and I KNOW that nobody has even come close to making an Abyss script, and they will be lucky to do so even with the full release.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

I agree Divination isn't a good example to demonstrate navigation. I'll try to create a bot later today that can walk a longer path, as well as rotate the camera at runtime. I actually haven't tested doing this yet, but I heard other people have done so with success. As for an Abyss bot, no way that's possible.. in its current state.

I quit Runescape before Divination was released. Was really quite unaware of this.

@Aufi; Can Genesis walk longer paths? say for example, Can it navigate itself through the Abyss? Or walk between a bank and a mine?
    Yeah it can, but to be honest with you it's just a bit of a pain in the ass at the moment lol. You have to walk the path 4-5 times for Genesis not to 'filter' it when calibrating the bot. I'll give it a go later today and I can report back the results.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Yeah it can, but to be honest with you it's just a bit of a pain in the ass at the moment lol. You have to walk the path 4-5 times for Genesis not to 'filter' it when calibrating the bot. I'll give it a go later today and I can report back the results.
    Yeah, at least it's progressing now i guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Can somebody please clarify something for me? It is my understanding that you don't need to script anything at all with this bot it just 'learns' from you? isn't this sort of out like AI and way to advanced for a bot maker to be making?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by webbydee View Post
    Can somebody please clarify something for me? It is my understanding that you don't need to script anything at all with this bot it just 'learns' from you? isn't this sort of out like AI and way to advanced for a bot maker to be making?
    I think it is marketed like that, but in reality there is no AI. At least in its current state RID does not have an intelligence agent and does not possess the level of flexibility in decision making to be classified as AI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbia View Post
    I think it is marketed like that, but in reality there is no AI. At least in its current state RID does not have an intelligence agent and does not possess the level of flexibility in decision making to be classified as AI.
    So its basically an auto clicker as others have stated?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by webbydee View Post
    So its basically an auto clicker as others have stated?
    I wouldn't call it an auto clicker, since it can do simple bank standing tasks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

maybe if he didn't want to go all solo this could have been done a few years ago, but oh well this way money stays in one place only

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Just to update on the walking matter which I forgot to do earlier... I tried it and there's a silly bug in there preventing me from walking long distances. Waiting for a fix atm.

This is what I made, a summoning bot. At least it knows where to walk to as shown below:

http://i.imgur.com/UoqzpX2.png

http://i.imgur.com/F9BRFAl.png

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Just to update on the walking matter which I forgot to do earlier... I tried it and there's a silly bug in there preventing me from walking long distances. Waiting for a fix atm.

This is what I made, a summoning bot. At least it knows where to walk to as shown below:

So it knows where to walk and that's it? Is it possible to make a WORKING herblore bot or something like that?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteballs View Post
    So it knows where to walk and that's it? Is it possible to make a WORKING herblore bot or something like that?
    You can get a "working" herblore bot pretty much anywhere, you could probably even write one with purely static coordinates, 0 bans however can't be guaranteed anywhere.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteballs View Post
    I made a simple Herblore bot which uses portable wells during this DXP weekend. I've gone from 82-96 already. But I'm gonna stop posting now because it's starting to look like I'm advertising.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

Look at the map stitching lol, crooked buildings, wonky symbols, and cut NPC dots. One miss-click off map and you are done for.

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Look at the map stitching lol, crooked buildings, wonky symbols, and cut NPC dots. One miss-click off map and you are done for.
    Assuming he's using OpenCV walking should be a breeze.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    a breeze my ass. It's doable but by no means an easy task. If you are sure it's easy, then please do share your knowledge.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    a breeze my ass. It's doable but by no means an easy task. If you are sure it's easy, then please do share your knowledge.
    Wasn't talking about the whole system, just the difference between SPS and match template.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    He probably is using openCV, even still, the available map 'sausage' is skinny so getting lost is highly likely, and those stitching errors make miss-clicks very possible. Combining those two things means one miss-click off map and the bot will freeze. Also remember Aufi made this while keeping the compass perfect north, which doesn't happen when playing legit, and other compass angles will exacerbate all of these problems.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread Information