Thread: Apologies reguarding The Mayor issue/thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Default Apologies reguarding The Mayor issue/thread

SRL Community,

I would now like to take the time to apologise for all my flaming on the other thread. To put it simply, I acting like an idiot (I would've gotten the village clown if I was a member). I let my thoughts get the better of me, and many of my posts came across as personal attacks. This was not intended

Since many of you were wondering why I even cared, I am just going to tell you exactly what happened (thruthfully). It basically sums up what @The Mayor told you all, but from my side of the story.

What The Mayor said in his thread was a true account of the events that happened, except I don’t think I just got “caught up in this” as he put it. I added fuel to the fire. I was the one who was pretending to be an SSRL in front of Bly. When I asked what Clarity thought of the selling of scripts (as I respected him as a member), The Mayor sent me a screenshot of Clarity's opinion on the matter (in good intentions ofc!). He may of broke the rules, but who would of thought this snippet of information could go on to being seen by other members? Not him. Being the idiotic, attention seeker I am, I sent the information to Obscurity, to get a reaction. It was me that leaked the photo. He was not in the wrong. He made a silly mistake of giving the information to me. I was the person that sent it to another person, who then sent it to others. Everyone makes mistakes, and he barely made the mistake. It was me in the wrong. Again, it was my actions. My actions that got him demoted.

I would also like to apologise to @Lucidity over all of this. I was the one in the wrong again. I sent him immature messages, and disagreed with him. I also rubbed into his face that he would be Jr SRL for life. He did nothing wrong.

So this is all I would like to say on this matter. I would like it to end on this note, as The Mayor is now dev again! (Thanks to Wizz).

Again, sorry for all my chaotic behaviour.

I would also like to add that I soft deleted the other thread due to ongoing flaming. Not for any other reasons! @wizzup

~Josh.
    Last edited by Obquility; 07-20-2015 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Grammar :)
    Why join the navy if you can be a pirate? -Steve Jobs

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

I think the issue is too complex for a single individual to take the blame. Don't worry about it too much, it's good that you send your apologies to the involved parties.

I would ask everyone at this point to not speculate and escalate further. Please give the staff some time to make a public statement.

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org
    I also get email notifications of private messages, though.

Simba (on Twitter | Group on Villavu | Website | Stable/Unstable releases
    Documentation | Source | Simba Bug Tracker on Github and Villavu )

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

I appreciate your apology and a truthful explanation on your part. Hopefully the entire community will see this as a bump in the road we've hit. It was never anyone's intentions to have anyone demoted or all the flaming going on. I respect that you stepped up to the plate and took responsibility for your actions.

I too, would like to apologize to @The Mayor. Things did get out of hand, things were said that were completely built off steam and there's no doubt about that. I apologize to you too, @jonesy259 for the disruptive arguments on forums and in the Skype chats.

I look forward to seeing what this community has to offer and working on being a better friend to the community - but all due respect there were no intentions of upsetting anyone, so if I left anyone out I apologize.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Way to step up, it's hard to apologize.

The time is behind you now. Just look ahead.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

GG, the whole saga has been an interesting read
    Last edited by bucko; 07-20-2015 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bucko View Post
    GG, the whole saga has been an interesting read
    I thought the same thing. Sad to see The Mayor go, his tutorials have gotten me into scripting in my short time being here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fisherfish7 View Post
    I thought the same thing. Sad to see The Mayor go, his tutorials have gotten me into scripting in my short time being here.
    No he's staying here. It took a lot of members skyping him, pleading here to stay

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy259 View Post
    No he's staying here. It took a lot of members skyping him, pleading here to stay
    That is awesome. Glad he decided to stay since he has contributed so much and I hope he continues to do such. Long live The Mayor!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy259 View Post
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

It takes guts to put yourself on the stand and apologise for your actions; respect to both of you.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Props to you, you've earned my respect

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidity View Post
    I appreciate your apology and a truthful explanation on your part. Hopefully the entire community will see this as a bump in the road we've hit. It was never anyone's intentions to have anyone demoted or all the flaming going on. I respect that you stepped up to the plate and took responsibility for your actions.

I too, would like to apologize to @The Mayor. Things did get out of hand, things were said that were completely built off steam and there's no doubt about that. I apologize to you too, @jonesy259 for the disruptive arguments on forums and in the Skype chats.

I look forward to seeing what this community has to offer and working on being a better friend to the community - but all due respect there were no intentions of upsetting anyone, so if I left anyone out I apologize.
    Lucidity? Could you unblock me on Skype please? I did send you a pm but you seemed to ignore it...

Thread Information