Thread: Simba Linux/Ubuntu Download

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Default Simba Linux/Ubuntu Download

Hey guys, just set up a vm in Ubuntu and found that the Linux link isn't available.. Any alternatives?

e: oh wait, is that what wine is for? To install the windows version on linux?
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

WINE worked last time i checked.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    WINE worked last time i checked.
    Wine works for Simba itself. Lape, SMART, and other plugins all have some pretty game-breaking issues. I've never been able to get all components to work together nicely.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Ok. Grab Simbas source and compile it under linux (its not flawless, but it's very capable of executing scripts). You will also have to grab lazarus in order to actually compile Simba.

PS: Some plugins doesn't support Linux, while other does but you have to build em yourself (normally using lazarus).
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

@slacky; and @KeepBotting; I appreciate the help.

I've got it all sorted out, java and simba. Although upon testing, the client target feature doesn't pick up 'most' things. For example, I am playing a rsps and want to lock onto its client, but the target won't pick it up. Is this 'one of those' many features that don't play nice with Linux/Ubuntu and if so, what type of fix would be involved, if there isn't an easy one already?

e: Okay, I now have a fix for the client target feature(don't move it from the spot it opens up) though not very good, it works. Now the issue is that simba won't actually take control of the mouse. It invisibly moves(i still have the visible one) and doesn't click at all. lol
    Scripting with ogLib

Thread Information