Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20 Accounts Banned

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    It reasonably can't be Simba that is being detected (SMART <> Simba). While it's possible that SMART is being detected, while you're (so far?) the only one experiencing this level of banning, it's far more likely that either your IP became flagged, or your script is an issue. Do note that Jagex has implemented automatic bannings in relation to specific scripts in the past, so it is entirely likely they noticed a consistent action occuring on a number of bots in the area (20 of yours) and took that into account with their automated detection.
    Is it possible to use SRL6 scripts yet without SMART by using the crosshair to your official RS client?

Also this:

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by w00ty View Post
    Is it possible to use SRL6 scripts yet without SMART by using the crosshair to your official RS client?

Also this:
    I only use SMART for SRL6 and I'm not banned on 4 accounts w/ multiple day+ progress reports. Why am I not banned? But I think someone was saying that they were using one of my scripts w/o smart, so maybe it works? Idk.

Sorry to hear about the bans man

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Also this:
    To the first - yes it is possible to use SRL6 without SMART.

To the second, any BOT is detectable. Not any client - there is a difference. And you can do things to make yourself less likely to be detected, but it's impossible to do it 100%. As for that... we are the least likely to be banned as they cannot do client detection when there is no client without SMART.

Edit:

And @Ashaman88 I probably won't update slayer soon... Someday hopefully though

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I am not being hot headed. I believe you mean "hard-headed" as in not listening? I'm simply stating that there is no IP flagging. I will however, leave you and anyone else to believe what you want. Pretty much finished arguing all I can. IIRC, I remember seeing him on PB with a yellow name (moderator rank?). He just stated that he used powerbot in his previous post.

You have no reason to be scared of anyone on any forum.. It is a debate for a reason? You state that there are IP flags, I state that there aren't.

IMHO, @OP got banned from the reflection update yesterday not from any IP flag that everyone seems to be blaming every time a ban happens.
    I don't get why everyone here hates me all a sudden just because im a mod on PB? Everyone on PB knows i don't use the bot to actually farm. I use SRL...even the admins on pb know that.

Do i help test for bugs and debug new clients and updates on one of my dedis? Yes. It is part of my job...I need to know how powerbot is currently working so i can help people in bot support.

Personally i haven't even used a script that wasn't either mine or Milleniums in over 2 years for ANY client..I just don't trust anyone elses work with my farms. Hell i don't even run the current SRL include...i built my own since rs3 came out. I use snippets of peoples work but never the full thing.

Admins over there even owned up and admitted they lied and said the client wasn't detectable when it really was. Its a business...Ive never met a business that doesn't stretch the truth to keep itself alive. Personally i never liked the way they went about it at the beginning, but its not my choice.

Lastly, about the ban rates. They are currently better, but it comes in waves. Personally ive noticed that jagex picks a game to ban that week. For instance, this week they are banning 07 scape more, the next week they ban EOC in a huge ban wave. They bans come in waves mostly...aside from a few. Last 3 ban "waves" have pretty much been exactly 2 weeks apart. My opinion is that jagex can always detect you, they just let it go and ban in waves all at once, instead of a steady ban rate.

Anyways that is my view...i didn't mean to cause such a stir up..Really like you guys over here at SRL. Im sorry i haven't been as active since i got mod on PB. Between my health issues, mod work and programming it has kept me very busy, But as Sjoe said, this will always be my home and the place i started at..were i learned pretty much everything to start me off on a programming path

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

I am not everyone and I do not hate anyone. Might dislike some things said but that doesn't mean I hate you or anyone.

You can't say "everyone" hates you. Don't hate anyone at PB either.. Just hate the way they do business. Actually if I think really really hard, I can probably cough up some hate for Ampersand and Wei su. But that'd be trying hard to be anal. And no not all businesses lie to their customers like that and if they do, it doesn't usually screw them over. Especially permanently.

Another rule over there is that you cannot script for multiple bots.. Really now :l
    We have no such rule here and don't mind them scripting for Simba but they don't like it the other way around.
    This is what I hate over there but I actually visit there more than I do here because there's usually more interesting or weird questions whereas the posts over here is old..
    Last edited by Brandon; 01-22-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itankbots View Post
    Admins over there even owned up and admitted they lied and said the client wasn't detectable when it really was.
    They said that publicly? A link would be useful

On topic with the bans, I think that what they do is check accounts that are related to the account they caught botting.

Scenario:
    • Person makes 10 accounts, known as account1..account10. These accounts bot the same thing at the same time. They also have an account that they send the gold to after selling the farmed goods in the GE.
    • For whatever reason (faulty script, detected client, player reports, manual ban, inhuman hours, ect) account4 is caught by Jagex.
    • Jagex then puts any account associated with account4 under increased scrutiny.
    • Accounts associated with account4 are any accounts that have had many unbalanced trades with account4, accounts that were created at the same time as account4 with the same IP as account4, accounts that have been logged on the same IP as account4 at the same time as account4, ect.
    • If any of the accounts associated with account4 are caught under the increased scrutiny, they are banned.

Result: Account4 is banned, and associated accounts caught as a result of the scrutiny are banned. Maybe the account that they traded gold to is also banned, not for botting but for the amount of unbalanced trades with the banned accounts.

Just how I'd do it if I worked at Jagex.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Wait... Powerbot doesn't allow their scriptwriters to script for other bots? To reduce competition? Why?

I can name multiple people over there that script elsewhere...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sjoe View Post
    got myself 15 chars banned in the last couple of days

made the accounts too fast I think. Probably set something off.

@Millenium; were the 20 accounts all on the same pc/dedi ?
    Same IP my MAC address is set to null. All the accounts I had banned were around 6 months old, however over the last month before they were banned they were heavily played on OSR including the tutorial. I think my problem was using the GMail method to have them all on the same email.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Millenium View Post
    Same IP my MAC address is set to null. All the accounts I had banned were around 6 months old, however over the last month before they were banned they were heavily played on OSR including the tutorial. I think my problem was using the GMail method to have them all on the same email.
    "the GMail method"?

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Millenium View Post
    NULL mac address? As in a mac address with all zeroes? You cannot have that.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodz View Post
    "the GMail method"?
    I'm assuming he means the:

mayor@gmail.com
    mayor+1@gmail.com
    mayor+2@gmail.com
    mayor+3@gmail.com

all emails get sent to the first email address, but Jagex recognises them as different. Works with any email not just gmail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    I'm assuming he means the:

mayor@gmail.com
    mayor+1@gmail.com
    mayor+2@gmail.com
    mayor+3@gmail.com

all emails get sent to the first email address, but Jagex recognises them as different. Works with any email not just gmail.
    Thats Kinda how you do it but it wouldn't work with +1,+2,+3 as those would just been sent to actual email
    unlike these which would be sent to the first email because of the fact there are dots before the @gmail.com
    mayor@gmail.com
    mayo.r@gmail.com
    may.or@gmail.com
    may.o.r@gmail.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

lol brandon, so young and foolish. JaGex Ltd is a corporation now, and damn right they will lie directly to your face to protect their money, and keep others from making a penny off their game. Mod Mark is their puppet, and the creator of EOC, personally i would speculate the opposite of everything they say. if they say game is getting better, is means worst. if they say we get more power, means we get less power, etc.

"When all government, domestic and foreign, in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another, and will become as venal and oppressive as the government from which we separated."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodz View Post
    "the GMail method"?
    If you create a gmail account and the use it for creating runescape accounts you only need to make one email for around every 15 accounts. Example
    "runescapebots@gmail.com" That email is the same as using "r.unescapebots@gmail.com" all the way to "runescapebot.s@gmail.com" to gmail as they ignore periods, however to runescape it classes each one as a different account.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    NULL mac address? As in a mac address with all zeroes? You cannot have that.
    That was just an extremely bad way of explaining it, but if you goto your start menu (windows) and search for 'random.dat' and the goto properties on each 'random.dat' file and change them to read only it does something to make JaGeX unable to recognise your MAC address and is a common method of having unlimited multi-logging.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Sad to hear, although I kinda like how jagex actually somewhat cares now. Shame they didn't do this a good 4 years ago and could have saved alot of players.
    This right here. Took them soo long... Better than never.

@OP Sorry about your loss, but thank you for sharing and detailing what happened. It's great info for the rest of us to take note.
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Also this:
    Obligatory Fk skiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Wait... Powerbot doesn't allow their scriptwriters to script for other bots? To reduce competition? Why?

I can name multiple people over there that script elsewhere...
    Can you please PM me? I'd love to see this list. I know a few who were caught.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Gotta say I found this an interesting read ... I only have my main account and have never really created a 2nd/mule account for any purpose. Id be devastated to have my main banned and it wouldnt be worth it starting all over again but also need to have a life so botting, even with all the risks associated with it, is well worth it imo. I have always been super careful with scripts and run times ... generally just botting a few hours here and there and more heavily on the weekend so it looks more natural. I also stop the bot periodically and do "stuff" (ie ports, daily tasks, etc etc) so it doesnt look too botty.

Having worked in a fraud department for a bigger company the "flagging an account and then finding others by IP" makes perfect sense to me. IP flagging for all the reasons mentioned before seems like a dangerous path but probably not unprecedented. Regardless I am pretty close to a max account (9 legit 99's everything else botted) and the only way this was possible was the efforts of script writers here for which I am immensely grateful!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information