Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The new RiD Genesis. (again)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddy View Post
    I hope this wasn't supposed to be a challenge...
    It was a question, hence why the very first four words is "Now my question is,"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trent! View Post
    It was a question, hence why the very first four words is "Now my question is,"
    I will answer your question then

Yes, all i'm saying is that obfuscation doesn't really do much. Look at RS, it is obfuscated and that hasn't stopped bots

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddy View Post
    I will answer your question then

Yes, all i'm saying is that obfuscation doesn't really do much. Look at RS, it is obfuscated and that hasn't stopped bots
    I received an answer quite awhile ago from someone else, but yeah :P

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

This is how I view the current situation

Genesis gets released by RiD with said features
    or
    Genesis doesn't get released and someone else eventually programs "Genesis"
    Last edited by srlMW; 04-10-2015 at 06:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

When I heard about this thing, I was so excited, but then, found villavu and I became more excited ...
    Everything is achievable!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loginor View Post
    When I heard about this thing, I was so excited, but then, found villavu and I became more excited ...
    Same here! Also, I'm tired of waiting for Genesis. I'd love to write my own scripts then I can hold myself accountable if any of my accounts get banned instead of wanting to blame someone else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ampd Up View Post
    Same here! Also, I'm tired of waiting for Genesis. I'd love to write my own scripts then I can hold myself accountable if any of my accounts get banned instead of wanting to blame someone else
    I wasn't waiting for it, I just had the information that it's under development, and I'm really glad I found simba sooner than that thing being done ...
    Everything is achievable!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ampd Up View Post
    It's so much easier to be mad at someone else than yourself though lol, I try to write my own for actually the opposite; so I can hold myself accountable if my account is owning without me doing anything :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

So it's been how many years since the announcement of Genesis?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chubeam View Post
    So it's been how many years since the announcement of Genesis?
    It has been 1 year and 7 months since the bots were taken down.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

So RiD said he finished coding alpha, we should be testing it today.

Since the VIP forum has opened, the VIP members have been enjoying a private bot (not Genesis) just for them, and it is definitely working well:

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

So RiD said he finished coding alpha, we should be testing it today.

Since the VIP forum has opened, the VIP members have been enjoying a private bot (not Genesis) just for them, and it is definitely working well:

What does this one do? All I can tell from that proggy is that it's been running for 2 days.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    What does this one do? All I can tell from that proggy is that it's been running for 2 days.
    I'm not allowed to say exactly what it is, but what I can tell you is that it trains multiple skills and several 99s have been earned with it by VIP users.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

I'm not allowed to say exactly what it is, but what I can tell you is that it trains multiple skills and several 99s have been earned with it by VIP users.
    Oh come on lol, "I have a bot and here is a really generic GUI for proof, I can't tell you what it is but it exists!"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    Oh come on lol, "I have a bot and here is a really generic GUI for proof, I can't tell you what it is but it exists!"
    It's a bot that existed in beta before Genesis development and hasn't been updated in 2 years, nor will it receive any updates, nor will it be released outside of VIP, as Genesis will be able to do everything it does and more. All it is, is a little toy for VIP members to play with while they wait for Genesis. Every beta bot has used that same generic GUI for the pause menu. Also, RiD has always insisted upon secrecy regarding alpha or beta bots, and any information we can give out is specifically okayed by RiD beforehand. I wish I could give more details, but I'm not allowed to.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

The bot @Trent! is talking about is an autofighter-anyNPC combat bot from old RiD "archives." I guess you could claim it trains multiple 99s, but yeah...meh. Fighting a monster is the same thing as clicking on a fishing spot and waiting, but you can only claim that trains one 99 skill (fishing).

Luckily one can create such scripts in color or OGL here easily (most recent ogl aio fighter version sub 100 lines) without having to pay $251 USD!
    Last edited by Clarity; 04-14-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)

This thread's full of Steve Jobs tier marketing. Everywhere you look, something to drag you in.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Come on guys... I know the urge to compare the capabilities of Simba to RiD, and believe me I'd love to join it on it and throw my own facts & opinions around, but it wouldn't be fair to take shots at another bot on a thread created specifically to discuss it. As I mentioned before, it would be better for everyone if someone just made a discussion & comparison thread somewhere else between the two.

And if I also might point out, Trent!, the thread's purpose is to target RiD Genesis, not other available/hidden bots.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

But if it were alpha testing for Genesis, why test with something that "existed in beta before Genesis development and hasn't been updated in 2 years, nor will it receive any updates" ? I'm confused @.@ It'd make sense if it were an old bot updated to run using them Genesis features, but if it hasn't been updated in 2 years and was pre-Genesis development, I don't see how it'd help with future Genesis development

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ignorant View Post
    But if it were alpha testing for Genesis, why test with something that "existed in beta before Genesis development and hasn't been updated in 2 years, nor will it receive any updates" ? I'm confused @.@ It'd make sense if it were an old bot updated to run using them Genesis features, but if it hasn't been updated in 2 years and was pre-Genesis development, I don't see how it'd help with future Genesis development
    It has nothing to do with Genesis development, it's just a toy for people to use while they wait.

Anyway, moving back on topic, Alpha testing has begun. I'm not sure yet what I'm allowed to disclose, but once I know that I will add some more information.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

It has nothing to do with Genesis development, it's just a toy for people to use while they wait.

Anyway, moving back on topic, Alpha testing has begun. I'm not sure yet what I'm allowed to disclose, but once I know that I will add some more information.
    Wow I'm an idiot.... brb optometrist

>.>
    <.<
    >.<
    =.=

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Come on guys... I know the urge to compare the capabilities of Simba to RiD, and believe me I'd love to join it on it and throw my own facts & opinions around, but it wouldn't be fair to take shots at another bot on a thread created specifically to discuss it. As I mentioned before, it would be better for everyone if someone just made a discussion & comparison thread somewhere else between the two.

And if I also might point out, Trent!, the thread's purpose is to target RiD Genesis, not other available/hidden bots.
    This thread is for experienced programmers to share their views on what could be in this bot, inevitably people have jumped in with pointless posts & comments. People taking shots is really not what I wanted to see.
    Only the weak surrender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

ye i cant wait for genesis lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

From what I could see in the screenshots, genesis is an attempt to dumb down scripting with fancy interfaces - I would be extremely impressed if Genesis could somehow generate code without losing information in the conversion process, this is a problem google and wolfram have been battling with in command interpretation from users with google glass and the wolfram engine respectively. It's likely genesis will either require specific enough information that you may as well have written the script manually or not be able to produce scripts at the same quality as if you had created them manually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

I don't buy it. But I do enjoy innovation.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information