Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The new RiD Genesis. (again)

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trent! View Post
    I think you've missed my point. My point is that just because Jagex improved their detection system, doesn't mean that bots can't get around it eventually, and vice versa. RiD has never said that anything he makes is permanently "undetectable". He's stated that it is at the current time period.
    It's not even known how they detect bots so its completely bullshit what hes saying.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodz View Post
    It's not even known how they detect bots so its completely bullshit what hes saying.
    Lol, it seems that nearly every post trent makes he digs himself a deeper hole.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

@Trent!; They wouldn't need to store any info though, There are two ways they can do this. Reading info isn't illegal from the aspect of their TOS. They only really need to scan the system and return whether someone has been botting or not. They DON'T have to store any personal information, they don't have to store the location of the process. Hence why maybe they don't have any evidence when they ban you. Secondly, it's funny you brought up Warden. The way Warden works is that it DOES collect information about you. However this information is hashed. It is then sent back to blizzard and compared to a database full of known cheat-related software etc. The reason you might think that Warden hasn't detected Genesis is purely because it isn't known among WoW botters. Once it gains traction, it will be just as easy as inserting a Hash value into a database. Again, this doesn't violate any privacy laws. The hash is probably md5 or some other irreversible hash. Finally, I have no idea why you keep saying that Jagex haven't implemented virtual input detection. The code already exists in Jaclib.

I very much doubt that the TOS would have to change at all. For anyone else who wants to read their privacy section... http://www.jagex.com/privacy/privacy.ws#three

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

What else could be used for detection?
    lol.. you can't be serious.
    Last edited by Brandon; 01-24-2016 at 02:53 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

It seems like Genesis uses colour? by the user manually doing the activity many times, it draws TPAs/DTMs and Co-ords from the user clicks ('confirmation with up-text').

Hoodz has explored this - Getting Inv Objects.

This could be migrated towards most/all functions through Simba, Which would NOT rely on the game running through a 'Client'. Maybe Hoodz has explored this a little more.. IDK

<------------------>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

all i know at one point RiD never got me banned back in offical 2007 when mta actually came out and now since jagex cracks on botters ive been banned by using rid. i dont know if genesis will be any better

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFools View Post
    It seems like Genesis uses colour? by the user manually doing the activity many times, it draws TPAs/DTMs and Co-ords from the user clicks ('confirmation with up-text').

Hoodz has explored this - Getting Inv Objects.

This could be migrated towards most/all functions through Simba, Which would NOT rely on the game running through a 'Client'. Maybe Hoodz has explored this a little more.. IDK
    I can create a script similar to Genesis (for pumba), which seems like a nice project to me and not that hard at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Have genesis been released, anybody tested?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guer666 View Post
    Have genesis been released, anybody tested?
    no lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

So people still wait for it, even paid for their VIP, its like 2 years? LOL.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guer666 View Post
    So people still wait for it, even paid for their VIP, its like 2 years? LOL.
    Yeah, unfortunately RiD is still taking money from users for a product that hasn't existed for two years.

I hear that some users have been requesting refunds though.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Pretty close to entering the navigation stage everyone's been waiting for, after that's done we're releasing Genesis.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aufi View Post
    Pretty close to entering the navigation stage everyone's been waiting for, after that's done we're releasing Genesis.
    I doubt this very much. NXT is going to wreck havoc on it unless he knows how to capture a double buffered OpenGL device context.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I doubt this very much. NXT is going to wreck havoc on it unless he knows how to capture a double buffered OpenGL device context.

Only time will tell.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Only time will tell.
    At this rate, we won't be able to tell until whatever is coming after NXT is released.. I mean 3 years for a damn bot for a simple browser game is funny. Even if it ends up working, should have just stuck with his old way. Though, i'm sure he has made absolute bank on this, so he's probably the smart one, not us.
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    At this rate, we won't be able to tell until whatever is coming after NXT is released.. I mean 3 years for a damn bot for a simple browser game is funny. Even if it ends up working, should have just stuck with his old way. Though, i'm sure he has made absolute bank on this, so he's probably the smart one, not us.
    I think you're tunneling. It's not just for RS, or browser games. If this was just for RS, I can see why it would seem like a lot for just that, but given that it's made to support other games and options, I think you're underestimating the potential here.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

I think you're tunneling. It's not just for RS, or browser games. If this was just for RS, I can see why it would seem like a lot for just that, but given that it's made to support other games and options, I think you're underestimating the potential here.
    Think RID is overestimating it's usage. I highly doubt anyone would use it for anything not related to RS.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    After deeply thinking about Genesis, I have to agree. The method he's using will not be viable, for other games it'll be unbearably time consuming just to get the environment setup. I believe RiD has already had to make multiple adjustments to make sure components are properly detected for RuneScape. I don't see this method being viable at all, he should have simply spent those 3 years developing a framework or something to make it extremely easy for him to create bots, and just sell the bots themselves, like he used to.

There's barely any other games I can think where Genesis could be used, and the most popular of which (Like WoW) use different detection methods, like reading what processes are running on your system and what they do. I guess you could use it for RSPS's.. but you might as well use something like Simba, it'd be a hell of a lot easier.

I tested Genesis again recently, and I just find myself wanting to bot the calibration itself just so I can hurry up and get it running. Depending on the task, it could take you 20-40 minutes to get your 10 repetitions in (The recommended amount, the minimum is 5). Like stringing bows, you have to sit there and spend 20 minutes calibrating to get 10 reps in. Just give me a bot I can just hit start on, i'm botting for a reason. You don't have to calibrate every time, it's only once. But you would only use Genesis if you plan on doing a repeatable task for a long amount of time, it'll be a pain in the ass if you're leveling very low bankstanding skills like Fletch. Unless you're level 70+, you might as well do 1-70 by hand, because you pretty much already will be by calibrating Genesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    Think RID is overestimating it's usage. I highly doubt anyone would use it for anything not related to RS.
    The environment setup section doesn't make any sense, and he needs to do A LOT of work to make it intuitive. To use Genesis for other games you'll have to create your own environment, now you will be able to download environments, so someone can spend awhile setting one up and then upload it for others to use, but I just don't see that happening the way it is now.

So is Simba, and Simba uses Pascal/Lape, a scripting language which is honestly a HELL of a lot easier to understand and learn than setting up an Environment for RiD. Granted, Simba is mainly for Color, but again with the resources provided here on Villavu you can bot a large amount of flash games, or click-to-interact games like Runescape.

Of course, Genesis is only in Alpha/Beta right now. The environment setup section might be completely overhauled, and I hope it is. But the way it is right now, RiD would be better off abandoning Genesis and re-booting his old bots. But that's just my opinion.

Also, LifeTime VIP is Unlimited, it's a one-time payment instead of a monthly payment RiD's planning to do when Genesis is released. LifeTime VIP isn't "Buying Genesis", it's just a one-time payment, and RiD has strictly said "Only buy it if you plan on using Genesis for years to come"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately RiD is still taking money from users for a product that hasn't existed for two years.

I hear that some users have been requesting refunds though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    ^ This is why I believe the entire project is a farce. Despite the fact that RiD is overly ambitious, has presented sweet f-all, and is now faced with the launch of NXT which will screw over everything he's done and promised, he's still taking orders for a piece of software that doesn't exist and probably never will in the state that he's promising. I'd love to see a class-action lawsuit filed against him.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    ^ This is why I believe the entire project is a farce. Despite the fact that RiD is overly ambitious, has presented sweet f-all, and is now faced with the launch of NXT which will screw over everything he's done and promised, he's still taking orders for a piece of software that doesn't exist and probably never will in the state that he's promising. I'd love to see a class-action lawsuit filed against him.
    The Java client will still exist after NXT release, at least that's what Jagex has said so far. They might do a 180 on the decision, but with the complaints I've heard about the 2nd Beta Weekend, I doubt they will. Besides, most of the VIP users seem to be botting OSRS with Genesis. (Not saying that doesn't redeem RiD if he can't get Genesis working with NXT, just a large amount of the community seems to only bot OSRS, so I doubt there'd be that much demand for RS3)

I'm personally considering asking for a Lifetime VIP refund. Since well.. I can script my own bot now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twinki View Post
    The Java client will still exist after NXT release, at least that's what Jagex has said so far. They might do a 180 on the decision, but with the complaints I've heard about the 2nd Beta Weekend, I doubt they will. Besides, most of the VIP users seem to be botting OSRS with Genesis. (Not saying that doesn't redeem RiD if he can't get Genesis working with NXT, just a large amount of the community seems to only bot OSRS, so I doubt there'd be that much demand for RS3)

I'm personally considering asking for a Lifetime VIP refund. Since well.. I can basically script my own bot now.
    I was under the impression that Jagex planned to phase out the Java client overtime. Am I misinformed? Still, even if the botting community focuses more on 07scape, there's still all of the promises RiD has made that Genesis will work on multiple games. Surely that should include RS3 on NXT?

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

I was under the impression that Jagex planned to phase out the Java client overtime. Am I misinformed? Still, even if the botting community focuses more on 07scape, there's still all of the promises RiD has made that Genesis will work on multiple games. Surely that should include RS3 on NXT?
    They are, but it does give RiD time to update for NXT. And absolutely, i'm just saying RiD might not release an updated Environment to work with NXT for awhile, considering the Java client will still be usable, and it seems barely anyone in the community bots RS3. I personally tried using Genesis with NXT earlier, but the environment (Meant for the current Java Client) didn't recognize anything, and I tried to make it look just like the Java client setup as much as possible.

I would have tried setting up an environment for NXT, but I cba to figure out how to with the way the UI is.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twinki View Post
    The environment setup section doesn't make any sense, and he needs to do A LOT of work to make it intuitive. To use Genesis for other games you'll have to create your own environment, now you will be able to download environments, so someone can spend awhile setting one up and then upload it for others to use, but I just don't see that happening the way it is now.
    Yeah even so, Simba at it's current state is much more versatile - Yet you rarely see people posting scripts for other browser based games. I doubt anyone would even consider using Genesis for any other games.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Just gonna point out that there are users who have managed to create a working environment on NXT, who have successfully botted on NXT beta.

Yes, environment creation is complicated right now, but I think RiD's current focus with development is functionality of the bots. So, if updates to environment creation are to be made, I don't see them being done for some time.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

Just gonna point out that there are users who have managed to create a working environment on NXT, who have successfully botted on NXT beta.

Yes, environment creation is complicated right now, but I think RiD's current focus with development is functionality of the bots. So, if updates to environment creation are to be made, I don't see them being done for some time.
    UserS? or User? Because I don't see anything in either the public or private lounge about a NXT Environment, and you'd think it'd be something people share. The only talk about NXT I've seen in the CB has been me briefly saying I can't wait to use Oria to bot NXT come April, and just talking about NXT in general.

I'd love to know the source.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread Information