Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: The new RiD Genesis. (again)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    I'll add November 2018 to my calendar so I don't forget.
    Funny but true. Genesis is like the No Man's Sky of bots: so much hype and so many broken promises. The end result is a product which fails to deliver.

This is a "typical RiD update": talk about some cool sh*t to keep the plebs frothing. The target market is naive people who know nothing about how bots work, so they buy into all of the claims without understanding the limitations of such approaches.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Cool to see this thread still going, even if there's a bit of back-and-forth it's still an interesting cross-community newspost.

Eagerly awaiting November
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

There's probably been more Genesis post pones than posts in this thread
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laquisha View Post
    Funny but true. Genesis is like the No Man's Sky of bots: so much hype and so many broken promises. The end result is a product which fails to deliver.

This is a "typical RiD update": talk about some cool sh*t to keep the plebs frothing. The target market is naive people who know nothing about how bots work, so they buy into all of the claims without understanding the limitations of such approaches.
    I think you're forgetting that people are actually using it right now. It's not like it's under development and no one has seen or used it. He's produced over 75 updates that people have actually been able to bot with. Genesis is already capable of many things that countless people in this thread claimed it would never be able to do. Perhaps it may be better for you to not take on such a pessimistic attitude.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trent! View Post
    I think you're forgetting that people are actually using it right now. It's not like it's under development and no one has seen or used it. He's produced over 75 updates that people have actually been able to bot with. Genesis is already capable of many things that countless people in this thread claimed it would never be able to do. Perhaps it may be better for you to not take on such a pessimistic attitude.
    Lol. afaik, it can only bank-stand and we all know that the bio-metrics sales pitch is bullshit - Even if it isn't bullshit, what does it matter, couple of us have bots that don't even use mouse movements which had been ban free for 1-2 months. It's funny that you talk about 75 updates. I'll do one better. SRL+Simba has probably had 75+ FREE updates since Genesis was in the woodworks (but who's counting), we ain't using that as a sales pitch. Not sure anyone claimed it couldn't bank-stand. So far the only thing i'm amazed at and i sincerely congratulate RID for is managing to charge such premium prices for dogshit VIP with success.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

75 updates, or 75 promised features that were not originally delivered?

And for updates... Unless we actually look at them and see if features were added, im going to assume the large majority were tweaks or bug fixes.

And anyway, its a closed beta (or if you really want to call it an alpha), I would hope it would have tons of updates. Next time i design something, ill start out and say 'hey, this brick can do anything!'. then ill slowly add features and pieces to it until its finally to the actual, final product, each tiny thing i do, ill call an update.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

can we start claiming every commit to git is a update? I feel like it would be above 700 then
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Lol. afaik, it can only bank-stand and we all know that the bio-metrics sales pitch is bullshit - Even if it isn't bullshit, what does it matter, couple of us have bots that don't even use mouse movements which had been ban free for 1-2 months. It's funny that you talk about 75 updates. I'll do one better. SRL+Simba has probably had 75+ FREE updates since Genesis was in the woodworks (but who's counting), we ain't using that as a sales pitch. Not sure anyone claimed it couldn't bank-stand. So far the only thing i'm amazed at and i sincerely congratulate RID for is managing to charge such premium prices for dogshit VIP with success.
    Genesis has been capable of navigation for a couple of months, which you would know if you had bothered to read my posts, instead of making assumptions. You're also making an assumption when you liken the mention of 75 updates to a sales pitch. No one has, at any point, used the number of updates as a sales pitch. No, the mention of updates is merely to prove that the project isn't stagnant, that it is consistently progressing and expanding its capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    75 updates, or 75 promised features that were not originally delivered?

And for updates... Unless we actually look at them and see if features were added, im going to assume the large majority were tweaks or bug fixes.

And anyway, its a closed beta (or if you really want to call it an alpha), I would hope it would have tons of updates. Next time i design something, ill start out and say 'hey, this brick can do anything!'. then ill slowly add features and pieces to it until its finally to the actual, final product, each tiny thing i do, ill call an update.
    Your illustration is poor and invalid. Here's a better illustration:

You claim you're going to build a house. You claim it's going to have X number of rooms, X number of floors, etc. Let's say the first thing you show someone is the beginning of the foundation of the house. But then every few days, you bring the person back and show them the progress that is being made. Eventually, one day, when you bring the person back, they will see a finished house. Despite only showing the foundation initially, the builder did not fail to deliver what he promised. The builder never promised to deliver an entire, complete house right away. The same applies here with RiD. The first phase of testing that occurred can be likened to the foundation of the house. The final release can be likened to the finished house. Never, at any point, has RiD promised complete functionality during testing. Never has he claimed that full functionality would be available right away. He has, from the beginning, let it be known that the testing phases would begin at the foundations, and slowly expand from there until release. Any additional features added after release can be likened to additions on a house.

While you guys jest at what is considered to be "an update," you're forgetting that most major software producing companies have the same definition of update that RiD does. Whether you're fixing bugs or adding new functionality, that's considered to be an update. Whether you fix one thing or 20 in a push, that's 1 update. Every company has its own way of numbering versions (ex. 0.77 to 0.78 vs 0.77 to 0.771) depending on the size and nature of the update.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Genesis has been capable of navigation for a couple of months, which you would know if you had bothered to read my posts, instead of making assumptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by RID
    Hi everybody,

A few weeks ago we moved onto the final stage of testing - introducing navigational capabilities. This enabled tasks that require travelling between various locations, within the world. This will likely take a few more weeks to complete, to ensure these sorts of bots are performing well.
    http://www.robotzindisguise.com/foru...446#post369446 - Posted a couple days ago.

??? Navigating what? Not sure if trolling or if you actually do know more about Genesis than RID.

No one has, at any point, used the number of updates as a sales pitch. No, the mention of updates is merely to prove that the project isn't stagnant, that it is consistently progressing and expanding its capabilities.
    It was a justification of why the investment wasn't a waste. Not sure if you know what implication is or if again, you're trolling. Its consistently progressing sure. But it's also in its beta testing stages. Pretty sure most companies make the beta versions free and not VIP access only. Shooting in the wrong direction if you ask me. Having to pay to test software so someone can eventually profit from you. Nice analogy btw, wonder if the builder is charging people to look at the unfinished house.
    Last edited by Kasi; 09-11-2016 at 01:05 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

I’m not forgetting anything. I said nothing about how many people use it or how much it is being worked on. Updates and time delays are beside the point. I was simply referring to the fact that people have idealistic expectations of what Genesis will actually be able to achieve. They don’t understand the inherent limitations of generating a script from recorded play. It will never be able to make conditional decisions for conditions it doesn’t know exists. If you don’t understand what this means, go and ask RiD.

I’m sure Genesis is currently capable of many things, including getting people banned (sorry, I just had to throw that in there ), but please link us to some posts where people have stated Genesis will never be able to bank stand or complete simple tasks.

Are you saying pessimism is detrimental to your health/life? I can tear that to shreds. You better be willing to back up your statements. Besides, I’m not a pessimist, I’m a realist. I am well grounded in reality - I see things for what they are, not what people want me to believe they are.

P.S What has building a house got to do with anything on this thread? Are you a builder mate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

I dont see the advantages of genesis vs other bots, can somebody care to explain?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by webbydee View Post
    I dont see the advantages of genesis vs other bots, can somebody care to explain?
    Marketing hype. The RID customer base genuinely thinks that anything other than RID will result in an immediate ban. They are willing to spend $300 just for autoclicker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbia View Post
    Marketing hype. The RID customer base genuinely thinks that anything other than RID will result in an immediate ban. They are willing to spend $300 just for autoclicker.
    Such a scam, good on the bloke who makes it though as he would be raking it in.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Your illustration is poor and invalid. Here's a better illustration:

You claim you're going to build a house. You claim it's going to have X number of rooms, X number of floors, etc. Let's say the first thing you show someone is the beginning of the foundation of the house. But then every few days, you bring the person back and show them the progress that is being made. Eventually, one day, when you bring the person back, they will see a finished house. Despite only showing the foundation initially, the builder did not fail to deliver what he promised. The builder never promised to deliver an entire, complete house right away. The same applies here with RiD. The first phase of testing that occurred can be likened to the foundation of the house. The final release can be likened to the finished house. Never, at any point, has RiD promised complete functionality during testing. Never has he claimed that full functionality would be available right away. He has, from the beginning, let it be known that the testing phases would begin at the foundations, and slowly expand from there until release. Any additional features added after release can be likened to additions on a house.
    Obviously its an over simplification, but why do we even care if the house isnt complete yet? When my new house was being built, I didnt have the carpenters come over every day and say 'hey, we finished this today, you can go use that room!' They just built the entire house then left when it was done.

Its more like I paid someone to build a house in a year, but when that year rolled around, only the living room was done. Then they said 'hey, go live in it, if you want.' and proceeded to continue building it.

Still, a terrible example, you dont build houses room by room (except in RS or other games)

Either way, the updates, are not 'new' things (generally), just progress towards a final goal. Let us know when its done. And by done, I (and pretty much everyone else) mean publicly released and complete. Sure, features may be added later on or improvements made (the addition and remodeling since you like houses). But when can we all walk into the house and look at it?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

http://www.robotzindisguise.com/foru...446#post369446 - Posted a couple days ago.

??? Navigating what? Not sure if trolling or if you actually do know more about Genesis than RID.

It was a justification of why the investment wasn't a waste. Not sure if you know what implication is or if again, you're trolling. Its consistently progressing sure. But it's also in its beta testing stages. Pretty sure most companies make the beta versions free and not VIP access only. Shooting in the wrong direction if you ask me. Having to pay to test software so someone can eventually profit from you. Nice analogy btw, wonder if the builder is charging people to look at the unfinished house.
    Navigation was added to Genesis back in July, so yes, a couple months ago. Works for both mini-map and clicks inside the world. Yes, RiD's post was from a few days ago, but I also posted information about navigation on this thread after the post was made. So again, if you had read my posts before responding to me you would have known that it has been capable of far more than bankstanding skills for some time now.

Nowhere has anyone used the frequency of updates as a justification for purchasing VIP, so I'm not sure why that's even being brought into this. The only purpose of mentioning the frequency of updates was as I already stated, that's it. RiD has always had closed betas, that's always been the way it's been. The only time an open beta happened, several bans occurred because Jagex went out of their way to run the beta themselves and found flaws that were yet patched (because beta, ofc). For similar reasons, closed betas will be the only ones that RiD will do. Also, there are plenty of companies that offer beta access for a set cost, most commonly game companies and startups. Typically these companies provide similar benefits for purchasing something that would allow them to enter beta. In RiD's case, Lifetime VIP, like the name suggests, offers permanent access with additional perks compared to the subscription packages. The point of VIP is not to access beta, it's merely a perk. The community and RiD does not encourage people to buy VIP if their main reason is for beta.

Your last sentence lacks basic logic. The person being shown the house is the person buying the house. When you hire an architect and a construction crew to build your house for you, you have to throw down some money first before any work begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Laquisha View Post
    I’m not forgetting anything. I said nothing about how many people use it or how much it is being worked on. Updates and time delays are beside the point. I was simply referring to the fact that people have idealistic expectations of what Genesis will actually be able to achieve. They don’t understand the inherent limitations of generating a script from recorded play. It will never be able to make conditional decisions for conditions it doesn’t know exists. If you don’t understand what this means, go and ask RiD.

I’m sure Genesis is currently capable of many things, including getting people banned (sorry, I just had to throw that in there ), but please link us to some posts where people have stated Genesis will never be able to bank stand or complete simple tasks.

Are you saying pessimism is detrimental to your health/life? I can tear that to shreds. You better be willing to back up your statements. Besides, I’m not a pessimist, I’m a realist. I am well grounded in reality - I see things for what they are, not what people want me to believe they are.

P.S What has building a house got to do with anything on this thread? Are you a builder mate?
    I'm just going off what has been claimed it will be able to do, if your understanding of what it has been claimed to be able to do is different, then *shrug*

Also, on your point about "never be[ing] able to make conditional decisions for conditions it doesn't know exist," the current update being worked on adds a solution to much of this problem. It will add a way for users to implement solutions for things that do not occur during calibration. Now of course, this most likely won't be able to account for every single possible occurrence, but adding things will be simple enough that, especially for users intending to use the bot longterm, it's only a matter of time before a user is able to account for an adequate amount of conditions. Porting things over from already existing bots should also be possible, so the longer you're using Genesis, the more likely you will have conditional situations covered from your previous bots.

Considering this thread has over 600 posts, and I value my time, I'm not going to waste it going through every single post to find them. That's not really a realistic request. There have been people who have challenged the capabilities, especially in tasks requiring navigation. If you care enough to check all 600+ posts to prove me wrong, cool, but I'm not going to waste that time.

In case you didn't already know (which if you did, your final comment suggests otherwise), the house building example was an illustration:

il·lus·tra·tion
    an example serving to clarify or prove something.
    "this accident is a graphic illustration of the disaster that's waiting to happen"
    the action or fact of illustrating something, either pictorially or by exemplification.
    "by way of illustration, I refer to the following case"
    synonyms: exemplification, demonstration, showing; example, typical case, case in point, object lesson, analogy
    "by way of illustration"

If you can't understand how the illustration I gave pertains to this thread (which I actually explicitly gave clarification as to how it does) then that's a problem with your ability to understand basic communication and teaching techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by webbydee View Post
    One of the main things is that it would allow users to create their own bots without needing to learn programming languages, and still have them achieve a consistent level of safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbia View Post
    They are willing to spend $300 just for autoclicker.
    That's not even remotely a correct statement.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

I'm just going off what has been claimed it will be able to do, if your understanding of what it has been claimed to be able to do is different, then *shrug*
    Exactly. You are no wiser than the other plebs who believe everything they hear without question, so why should we take notice of anything you say? Happy shrugging.

Also, on your point about "never be[ing] able to make conditional decisions for conditions it doesn't know exist," the current update being worked on adds a solution to much of this problem. It will add a way for users to implement solutions for things that do not occur during calibration. Now of course, this most likely won't be able to account for every single possible occurrence, but adding things will be simple enough that, especially for users intending to use the bot longterm, it's only a matter of time before a user is able to account for an adequate amount of conditions. Porting things over from already existing bots should also be possible, so the longer you're using Genesis, the more likely you will have conditional situations covered from your previous bots.
    Woah woah woah. Let me remind you: “all you'll need to do to create a bot is record yourself play” straight from the mouth of RiD himself, word for word for the whole world to witness. Now you are saying that creating a simple bot that is reliable, or anything semi-complex where decisions need to be made will require the user to manually input these conditions and a set of appropriate responses (i.e. code them, whether it is done through a GUI or not). False advertising, broken promises…it sure looks that way.

Considering this thread has over 600 posts, and I value my time, I'm not going to waste it going through every single post to find them. That's not really a realistic request. There have been people who have challenged the capabilities, especially in tasks requiring navigation. If you care enough to check all 600+ posts to prove me wrong, cool, but I'm not going to waste that time.
    Hey man, you were the one who said ‘countless people’ had talked a whole lot of rubbish on this thread, but you can’t even link me to ONE SINGLE POST. Suit yourself: 3/3 for me.

In case you didn't already know (which if you did, your final comment suggests otherwise), the house building example was an illustration:

il·lus·tra·tion
    an example serving to clarify or prove something.
    "this accident is a graphic illustration of the disaster that's waiting to happen"
    the action or fact of illustrating something, either pictorially or by exemplification.
    "by way of illustration, I refer to the following case"
    synonyms: exemplification, demonstration, showing; example, typical case, case in point, object lesson, analogy
    "by way of illustration"

If you can't understand how the illustration I gave pertains to this thread (which I actually explicitly gave clarification as to how it does) then that's a problem with your ability to understand basic communication and teaching techniques.
    The purpose of my last comment (in the small text) was to bait you into producing some outrageous reply which has nothing to do with anything. I find it almost humorous that you question my communication and teaching abilities, when you use the most outlandish example to demonstrate something as simple as project delays.

4/4. I love this thread because you always get absolutely wrecked. You do more damage to RiD’s reputation every time you post.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Navigation was added to Genesis back in July, so yes, a couple months ago. Works for both mini-map and clicks inside the world. Yes, RiD's post was from a few days ago, but I also posted information about navigation on this thread after the post was made. So again, if you had read my posts before responding to me you would have known that it has been capable of far more than bankstanding skills for some time now.
    Can you just not comprehend what RID or I am saying? How much more do i have to bold for you. It is not complete and won't be for a few more weeks.... I'm a doctor. Just have to get my fucking ph and complete another 4 years of education?

Nowhere has anyone used the frequency of updates as a justification for purchasing VIP, so I'm not sure why that's even being brought into this. The only purpose of mentioning the frequency of updates was as I already stated, that's it. RiD has always had closed betas, that's always been the way it's been. The only time an open beta happened, several bans occurred because Jagex went out of their way to run the beta themselves and found flaws that were yet patched (because beta, ofc)
    As i said in my original post. It's called implicating. You're saying Genesis is alright, its getting updates. If you can't understand this much then you're a lost cause. This next part really made me chuckle. Please inform us of the flaws that were patched. Calling it now, if Genesis does ever get publicly released; There will still be bans, and they will be just as heavy as the first ones. Jagex didn't go out of there way to reverse-engineer Genesis and check your beta for bugs lol. Don't be silly man. If they still cared about Genesis they would buy it and write some code to detect it. Give me Genesis, I'll fucking write something to detect it flawlessly by the end of the day. And even if this was the case. It straight up isn't how Jagexs' anti cheat works. They don't reverse engineer to find flaws in shit. If you wanna prove me wrong. Post the evidence you have of Jagex doing this. Post the patches.

Your last sentence lacks basic logic. The person being shown the house is the person buying the house. When you hire an architect and a construction crew to build your house for you, you have to throw down some money first before any work begins.
    Do you really believe your own bullshit? They ain't buying Genesis. They're buying a service or a rental. That's why its called Lifetime VIP and not Genesis. It's lifetime access to Genesis. If they were buying Genesis they would have full access. It would be freehold. They would be able to see and fuck around with the code, re-dist, whatever they wanted because they OWNED it. But this isn't the case. They don't own Genesis. All they own is access to Genesis. Anyhow, If i was paying RID to build a house for me, i would have fired his bitch ass for dicking around so much.
    Last edited by Kasi; 09-11-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

Navigation was added to Genesis back in July, so yes, a couple months ago. Works for both mini-map and clicks inside the world.
    The 18th of July, it's only been nearly 2 months.

Minimap walking was added, not screen navigation. Which to me was a complete joke, considering how many delays there were for nav.

Screen navigation wasn't added till the 30th of August, not 2 weeks ago.

Still think Genesis will be a shit show for anything more advanced than Combat. He should have just updates his old bots, and continued developing them.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twinki View Post
    The 18th of July, it's only been nearly 2 months.

Minimap walking was added
    How does it work? Only asking as I haven't seen it in action at all. Nor have I heard much about people using Genesis to bot something other than bankstanding with success.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

How does it work? Only asking as I haven't seen it in action at all. Nor have I heard much about people using Genesis to bot something other than bankstanding with success.
    It works okay. In certain cases it could be more accurate. An example for a Divination bot:

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aufi View Post
    It works okay. In certain cases it could be more accurate. An example for a Divination bot:
    Looks fairly decent, Is it consistently like that or does logging out etc mess it up?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Looks fairly decent, Is it consistently like that or does logging out etc mess it up?
    Atm there's no login handler, so if it logs out or gets dc'd the bot stops. But this is one of the last things, including a break handler we are looking to include before full release.

The bot can navigate with any camera angle though, so if the camera is reset to north after logging back in, it should cause no problems.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Atm there's no login handler, so if it logs out or gets dc'd the bot stops. But this is one of the last things, including a break handler we are looking to include before full release.

The bot can navigate with any camera angle though, so if the camera is reset to north after logging back in, it should cause no problems.
    So what about color changes on the map etc? Is that yet to be tested as those usually occur when you logout / switch worlds / restart clients?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

So what about color changes on the map etc? Is that yet to be tested as those usually occur when you logout / switch worlds / restart clients?
    Hmm I've had no problems with color changes personally. I haven't tested this bot ever since I got 80 Divination for a quest I needed, but I am fairly certain I could load it back up now and it will still work.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Hmm I've had no problems with color changes personally. I haven't tested this bot ever since I got 80 Divination for a quest I needed, but I am fairly certain I could load it back up now and it will still work.
    Sounds good, I'm assuming it would still walk to that spot if i was to manually offset it like 30 pixels right?

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread Information