221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trent! View Post
    The beta has been available to those who have purchased Lifetime VIP or an annual subscription. Subscription time doesn't count down until release. While many have achieved several 99s, many skills are still unsupported or unstable. There was about 3-4 pushed updates every week until April. Now much of the core is being replaced with a new system for how it "sees" the game world. It's meant to automate much of the bot creation process for the user, allow for greater stability, and add support for more skills/tasks. It's taken quite a lot of time to develop (processing speed was a big concern), but the replacement system is done, and RiD is finalizing the last details before pushing it. There's still a few more key features before release, but they're all significantly smaller in terms of development time.
    Idk man, until I can see the source code I can't give any credibility to any of those claims.

That's somewhat due to the nature of this community, we're of course massively biased towards open-source projects (in this particular case because available source code is the only way to provide proof of claims that the RiD project has made for 4+ years now) and tend to distrust closed-source or commercial ones.

None of us will ever be satisfied with these generalities that you provide as answers, and that's not a knock on you personally (I do appreciate the updates)

Once again I want to express that if the RiD project intends to make good on their claims (especially given the amount of paying customers they apparently have), then they have my full support. Once the bot is actually out of beta and manages to make a full release, I would not mind paying to try it out.

It's just difficult to believe because... well, RuneScape bots aren't that hard to make, and we've had a working one for the entire 4+ years while RiD has had... not much.

Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 12-24-2017 at 05:11 PM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

With all the money some of these people put into the RiD vaporware, couldn't they have just purchased private scripts for high risk stuff?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

Perhaps, but I guess the idea that Genesis is supposed to able to create as many different style bots as the user desires is appealing.

Anyway, the "big" update should be out on the 15th Jan. 18 (two days from now).
    It has already been delayed at least twice though.

EDIT: Delayed again until to 22nd of January.

EDIT 2: Delayed yet again until the 27th of Jan.
    Last edited by Solar; 01-22-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    Perhaps, but I guess the idea that Genesis is supposed to able to create as many different style bots as the user desires is appealing.

Anyway, the "big" update should be out on the 15th Jan. 18 (two days from now).
    It has already been delayed at least twice though.

EDIT: Delayed again until to 22nd of January.

EDIT 2: Delayed yet again until the 27th of Jan.
    When's it delayed until now?
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    When's it delayed until now?
    [19-02, 20:33] RiD: so not long to go, but hard to say exactly when
    [19-02, 20:31] RiD: although the update is largely in place, it does need tuning. I posted about it the other day in the update thread

Lol. Looking at the shout box, I simply cannot understand the continued defense of RiD's 5+ year delays. I'm seeing the same tired quotes e.g. "it's just not how it works, especially when he's focused on producing a product that's not like anything that's been done before, what he's doing can't really have an ETA, it's revolutionary" etc...said quote(s) seen on Feb 19th 2018. Genesis was announced in 2013. SRL could create a comparable product in a couple weeks if we really wanted to. Just take a look at the awesome stuff @slacky; and @Olly; are doing with their include. Some incredible functions that already surpass Genesis' capabilities by far.

I have faith that eventually Genesis will exist as promised, but by that point, it won't be anything special compared to competitors.
    Last edited by Clarity; 02-21-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

I still think that shortly after taking on the project, RiD's progress slowed due to lack of motivation and he just procrastinates because he wants to complete it, but now dreads the amount of time it will take to complete.

There was a poll in the last week of January on whether to delay the release of the update to the 10th February so that RiD would have more time to iron out the wrinkles so to speak.
    That was pointless and just gave members false hope. Similar to whenever RiD himself states a deadline or "soon", it just gives members false hope that it will actually be soon, i.e. in a few days or weeks.
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

I'm just here to say.. Soon™
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    I still think that shortly after taking on the project, RiD's progress slowed due to lack of motivation and he just procrastinates because he wants to complete it, but now dreads the amount of time it will take to complete.

There was a poll in the last week of January on whether to delay the release of the update to the 10th February so that RiD would have more time to iron out the wrinkles so to speak.
    That was pointless and just gave members false hope. Similar to whenever RiD himself states a deadline or "soon", it just gives members false hope that it will actually be soon, i.e. in a few days or weeks.
    im sorry but hes promising this for 5 years already...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Genisis is real guys... Genesis of the memes...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    [19-02, 20:33] RiD: so not long to go, but hard to say exactly when
    [19-02, 20:31] RiD: although the update is largely in place, it does need tuning. I posted about it the other day in the update thread

Lol. Looking at the shout box, I simply cannot understand the continued defense of RiD's 5+ year delays. I'm seeing the same tired quotes e.g. "it's just not how it works, especially when he's focused on producing a product that's not like anything that's been done before, what he's doing can't really have an ETA, it's revolutionary" etc...said quote(s) seen on Feb 19th 2018. Genesis was announced in 2013. SRL could create a comparable product in a couple weeks if we really wanted to. Just take a look at the awesome stuff @slacky; and @Olly; are doing with their include. Some incredible functions that already surpass Genesis' capabilities by far.

I have faith that eventually Genesis will exist as promised, but by that point, it won't be anything special compared to competitors.
    This ^..... well said Clarity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I was always so fascinated with RiD and their bots
    I came to the conclusion along time ago that the creators are color coding geniuses
    and that they use advanced algorithms to analyse the graphics and they have advanced in artificial intelligence more so then a lot of us.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

i seent it before it even happened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

What other competitors are out there?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

What RiD wants to accomplish existed for years as single-purpose executables distributed on forums like Sythe. Some of them would even record your actions and modify them upon playback. I don't think any were content aware (i.e. able to take actions based on what you were doing and how), but if RiD is content aware then it's specifically for RuneScape, which does not seem like the goal.
    The jealous temper of mankind, ever more disposed to censure than
    to praise the work of others, has constantly made the pursuit of new
    methods and systems no less perilous than the search after unknown
    lands and seas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

At this point it's just a cash grab for him. RiD is intentionally delaying because he doesn't have shit. He just wants to make as much money as possible, and keep giving the community false hope. He wants to milk it out as LONG as possible. That's what he's been doing for five years. And everyone is falling for it.

I requested a refund when I bought the $50 plan and he simply ignored it. He didn't respond to the dispute on PayPal, he didn't accept it, he didn't decline it. I had to let it sit for two months before PayPal finally reversed it because he wouldn't respond. This is clear behavior of someone who has given up.

1-99 fletching from pure autoing

My account unlocks: 92 mage 90 range lvl 80 | 94 mage 87 range lvl 91 | 85 mining lvl 41 | Rich lvl 65

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

woah, 2 months is crazy to wait for just a 50 dollar refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    At this point it's just a cash grab for him. RiD is intentionally delaying because he doesn't have shit. He just wants to make as much money as possible, and keep giving the community false hope. He wants to milk it out as LONG as possible. That's what he's been doing for five years. And everyone is falling for it.

I requested a refund when I bought the $50 plan and he simply ignored it. He didn't respond to the dispute on PayPal, he didn't accept it, he didn't decline it. I had to let it sit for two months before PayPal finally reversed it because he wouldn't respond. This is clear behavior of someone who has given up.
    Only the weak surrender.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post

Apparently he is responding to tickets a bit more frequently now, since a few members (including a formerly loyal moderator and myself) said that the forums are managed appallingly a week or two ago.

I do hope it gets released eventually, but I don't believe it will be, at least not past "beta".
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

RID Genesis has been released! Full AI support, works for every game and shits gold!
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    RID Genesis has been released! Full AI support, works for every game and shits gold!
    Nice attempt

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

bet you've been looking forwards to saying that since new years'

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

got me lolol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Looking at this a few weeks later, I should have checked the date lol. Guess I should know better, they keep pushing the release date off more and more.

Edit: just saw Beta is up, at least that's progress

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

The Beta has been up for a while, as for progress... You should try using it. Easier to do simple scripts here and I'm an idiot when it comes to code.

Quote Originally Posted by JSmooth View Post
    Looking at this a few weeks later, I should have checked the date lol. Guess I should know better, they keep pushing the release date off more and more.

Edit: just saw Beta is up, at least that's progress
    Only the weak surrender.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-TINO View Post
    The Beta has been up for a while, as for progress... You should try using it. Easier to do simple scripts here and I'm an idiot when it comes to code.
    I think nobody believes in this project anymore.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread Information