Poll: Would you like to see injection included in Simba?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Injection

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

https://github.com/BenLand100/SMART/commits/reflection

Could only guess that Ben ran outta time or got bored

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollybest View Post
    https://github.com/BenLand100/SMART/commits/reflection

Could only guess that Ben ran outta time or got bored
    Ah nice I didn't know about that. I did some digging around and found a couple of the current reflection hooks for OSR and I'm looking over the old SRL-Reflection library on how to use them. I'll continue in the morning. Thanks for the link, Ollybest.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Ah nice I didn't know about that. I did some digging around and found a couple of the current reflection hooks for OSR and I'm looking over the old SRL-Reflection library on how to use them. I'll continue in the morning. Thanks for the link, Ollybest.
    Do you plan on making full on reflection for simba or just hooking the tiles? (or maybe some interfaces and NPC's for randoms)

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Barbrady View Post
    Do you plan on making full on reflection for simba or just hooking the tiles? (or maybe some interfaces and NPC's for randoms)
    I'm just trying to understand it and get anything to work. :/ I'll worry about that later.

On a related note, I had to add return types to the reflection-related functions in SmartRemote.H. @BenLand100: Is there a reason why none of these functions returned anything? I changed them up to this, can you tell me if these are correct? (I edited these in the style of the reflection functions in the old SMART)

Code:
    (char*)"exp_getFieldObject", (char*)"function SmartGetFieldObject(objref: integer; path: string): integer;",
        (char*)"exp_isPathValid", (char*)"function SmartIsPathValid(objref: integer; path: string): boolean;",
        (char*)"exp_getFieldBoolean", (char*)"function SmartGetFieldBoolean(objref: integer; path: string): boolean;",
        (char*)"exp_getFieldLongH", (char*)"function SmartGetFieldLongH(objref: integer; path: string): integer;",
        (char*)"exp_getFieldLongL", (char*)"function SmartGetFieldLongL(objref: integer; path: string): integer;",
        (char*)"exp_getFieldInt", (char*)"function SmartGetFieldInt(objref: integer; path: string): integer;",
        (char*)"exp_getFieldShort", (char*)"function SmartGetFieldShort(objref: integer; path: string): integer;",
        (char*)"exp_getFieldFloat", (char*)"function SmartGetFieldFloat(objref: integer; path: string): extended;",
        (char*)"exp_getFieldDouble", (char*)"function SmartGetFieldDouble(objref: integer; path: string): extended;",
        (char*)"exp_getFieldByte", (char*)"function SmartGetFieldByte(objref: integer; path: string): string;",
    I believe I was either wrong with those or wrong actually using the function as I get an error "Error: Could not call proc at line...". I tried these 3, perhaps you could point out where I'm going wrong at:
    Simba Code:
    SmartGetFieldInt(-1, 'hw.client');
    SmartGetFieldInt(0, 'hw.client');
    SmartGetFieldInt(1, 'hw.client');

This is using your SMART 8.1 with the reflection backbone you added about a month ago, loaded in Oldschool RS. I believe that hook is correct but even if not it would be unrelated to my error.

Edit:
    Ok now I have all of the hooks for the current OSR client revision. I did a lot of digging through some other client that hosted the most recent hooks on their site; they sure went through a lot of trouble to keep these hidden...
    Last edited by Flight; 05-11-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Wow if you can make it work - and we can get reflection in smart, then that would be AWESOME.

I've looked around topics before reflection broke-down, just how exactly did you guys make it work with Pascal? that part i don't understand.

Like FindobjEX(Idnumber), thats so weird - how does it work? and how can we help bring it to life?

cool thing it will be a plugin that people can choose to use or not, so it won't breach any jagex terms of service

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    I'm just trying to understand it and get anything to work. :/ I'll worry about that later.
    "Error: Could not call proc at line..."

None of those new functions are exported. You try to use them, you'll get access violation or could not call proc. You need to export them and add them to smart's def file for the remote:

https://github.com/BenLand100/SMART/...martremote.def

Notice it exports none of the ref functions. You'll have to add all the exp____ref functions from smartremote.h

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    None of those new functions are exported. You try to use them, you'll get access violation or could not call proc. You need to export them and add them to smart's def file for the remote:

https://github.com/BenLand100/SMART/...martremote.def

Notice it exports none of the ref functions. You'll have to add all the exp____ref functions from smartremote.h
    Awesome, thank you Brandon I'm going to try that this morning.

Edit:
    Well at least the function ran this time. Doing so crashed my SMART but I suppose it's progress...

Edit2:
    Ok so after trying multiple SMART functions with the same result I believe I'll put this on hold for now. With very little information from the SMART crash it's just not enough to go off of for tracking down the root of the problem. I'll simply wait for now until Ben has furthered his client or maybe Brandon has some input on the matter.
    Last edited by Flight; 05-12-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

I wish my SMART were working, I'd try to figure it out.

If I do get it working, could you PM me the hooks you found, Flight?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

It would be nice if you would share what you got so far, Flight. I would happily test things, play around with them.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

I wouldn't want to go around Ben on this, we don't even know if his reflection additions to SMART are intended for public use. @BenLand100: If you happen to pop online let me know what you think of this, if it's okay with you to post what I have so far.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

I'd be willing to help on a limited scale with RS 2k7 as long as reflection's use remains largely limited to functions that are difficult to implement in color (i.e. reflection should be a complement to color, not the other way around as it was in the past). I've extended this offer to Flight privately as well.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pyroryan View Post
    I'd be willing to help on a limited scale with RS 2k7 as long as reflection's use remains largely limited to functions that are difficult to implement in color (i.e. reflection should be a complement to color, not the other way around as it was in the past). I've extended this offer to Flight privately as well.
    Welcome back

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pyroryan View Post
    Again, thank you for all the help so far. To add on to this I'd like to focus on hooks for our player only (skills/XP/animation/health/tile/compass angle) and of course anything related to tile-walking, although I believe this can be done with finding our players current Grid X/Y and a bit of math; I'd have to check out the old SRL-Reflection to see which hooks they used and so on.
    Last edited by Flight; 05-13-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

Just so you know, if you need testers, I'd be willing to do the job for you. This could possibly enhance the quality and reliability of Simba scripts significantly.

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

tiles/walking + real map angle is all that we really need.
    Last edited by Olly; 05-14-2013 at 02:13 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Just like Haxz said, I will be willing to volunteer my time to do testing. I would love to help creating the plug-in, but I have never been involved with something of the sorts, nor do I think I contain the knowledge. But i will test.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StickToTheScript View Post
    Just like Haxz said, I will be willing to volunteer my time to do testing. I would love to help creating the plug-in, but I have never been involved with something of the sorts, nor do I think I contain the knowledge. But i will test.
    This is a great way to learn, is it not?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyl Scratch View Post
    This is a great way to learn, is it not?
    I was originally thinking that. I planned on looking through it and seeing how stuff was done and I even planned on asking questions. But I still would love to try it out. Testing is something I find entertaining!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

I would all like to test by writing a few scripts using animation hooks Sweet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know simba did support reflction back before the cluster-flutterrer. Now that injection seems pretty stable (i.e. powerbot has some amazing flawless scripts), will SRL ever include injection?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

no
    Reflection/Injection puts the scripts at a higher risk of auto detection, previous bot nukes and jagex's current determination to remove bots should be a clear indication that safety should be our primary concern. I personally would much rather monitor safe color only bots.

If injection was used to support what the color is observing to add confidence, sure, but color imo should always be the primary determinant of what the bot does. Especially as jagex is known to fuck around with item ids and adding in invisible objects and all that stuff. I'm a newbie, but my 2 cents is a no Especially in regards to random solvers.
    + jagex will most likely be specifically targetting them soon, due to such clients as tribot.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuk View Post
    no
    Reflection/Injection puts the scripts at a higher risk of auto detection, previous bot nukes and jagex's current determination to remove bots should be a clear indication that safety should be our primary concern. I personally would much rather monitor safe color only bots.

If injection was used to support what the color is observing to add confidence, sure, but color imo should always be the primary determinant of what the bot does. Especially as jagex is known to fuck around with item ids and adding in invisible objects and all that stuff. I'm a newbie, but my 2 cents is a no Especially in regards to random solvers.
    + jagex will most likely be specifically targetting them soon, due to such clients as tribot.
    Ahh don't worry.. You can trust me when I say that "Reflection" in Pascal-Script is NOT that great. Its great but not as great as you'd think it would be. Its not like the reflection PB used to have.

Lags!
    Model Recognition is Slow!
    Tile clicking is NOT too accurate because you need to get the height right.
    Anything too far (roughly 52 tiles) will take more than 20 seconds to find..

The only way Reflection could possibly overcome these is to make it a plugin.. Anything done on the Pascal side for reflection will be pretty slow.

Basic things are a ton faster than colour though. Like finding items in your bank, ensuring that an item is what it is.. Color requires tolerance and constant changing of DTM's to find an item.

Also, if you think about it.. Reflection gives the near exact position of an object. With the current MouseOffset stuff, you're going to have to reset the mouse offset things before clicking every reflection object and set it back for color clicking.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

no

Do you even know what your talking about? Since when has jagex added a auto-reflection client detection system? Second off, chaning the ID's LIVE IN GAME MAKES NO SENSE WHAT SO EVER. Sorry about caps lol but it's just the truth.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Barbrady View Post
    Do you even know what your talking about? Since when has jagex added a auto-reflection client detection system? Second off, chaning the ID's LIVE IN GAME MAKES NO SENSE WHAT SO EVER. Sorry about caps lol but it's just the truth.
    I'm a newbie
    I only know what I've been told =]

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Ahh don't worry.. You can trust me when I say that "Reflection" in Pascal-Script is NOT that great. Its great but not as great as you'd think it would be. Its not like the reflection PB used to have.

Lags!
    Model Recognition is Slow!
    Tile clicking is NOT too accurate because you need to get the height right.
    Anything too far (roughly 52 tiles) will take more than 20 seconds to find..

The only way Reflection could possibly overcome these is to make it a plugin.. Anything done on the Pascal side for reflection will be pretty slow.

Basic things are a ton faster than colour though. Like finding items in your bank, ensuring that an item is what it is.. Color requires tolerance and constant changing of DTM's to find an item.

Also, if you think about it.. Reflection gives the near exact position of an object. With the current MouseOffset stuff, you're going to have to reset the mouse offset things before clicking every reflection object and set it back for color clicking.
    Huh? The most 'lag' I recall with SRL's previous reflection was nothing more than a couple hundred milliseconds, and we never had any plugin dedicated to reflection. I remember our reflection included communicated directly with SMART and the only problems we had then were memory leaks (which most of which were patched up with wrappers in reflection "v2").

Also, the MouseOffset? Are you referring to RS's navigation bar? If that's the case then it's not a problem as this topic is related specifically to Reflection/Injection in SMART for Oldschool RS. If not, what offset are you talking about?

Current projects:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information