Thread: What's up with the botting scene now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

Default What's up with the botting scene now

Hey everyone, I haven't been on runescape for a while now. I just came back and a lot seems to have changed. But I don't really know what is going on with bots in general right now. So I'll list out my questions so it will be easier to answer

1. How often are botters getting banned? (general estimate: a lot, little, moderate)
    2. Are botmakers like Powerbot reliable to use anymore? I remember them suffering heavy ban rates.
    3. How safe is color botting these days?
    4. How safe is botting your main for xp gains versus goldfarming?

thanks guys

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Bot smart and you won't get banned. Nearly 1b total xp here, and I believe @Justin broke that a while ago.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

1. I haven't been banned in a long time botting RS3. I know that some of the more serious botters around here eventually do get banned, but they goldfarm heavily and can run almost 24/7 for months.
    2. Stay as far away as possible from powerbot if you value your account.
    3. See 1
    4. See Sin's comment.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Don't get reported and don't get stuck. Private scripts > public scripts.
    I started a main in March and I'm at 200m total xp. I've had a few 0 xp goldfarmers banned, but after weeks/months of running nonstop.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

At least on RS3, as far as I can tell unless you try to run an army and gold farm, you're fairly safe from a ban at the moment (and even then, there are green dragon bots in the wild on every single world, as well as tons of nature rune runners, so either jagex has just decided to not care or is planning something truly amazing, very inclined to think the former). I've botted to max cape and a ton after, not explicitly for gold but for stats and I've not been banned yet (also I generally do dailies and sometimes talk to clan/fc so it probably doesn't hurt to interact with others).

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Bot smart and you won't get banned. Nearly 1b total xp here, and I believe @Justin broke that a while ago.
    Yep, broke the 1B overall XP mark and still gaining XP. Trying to keep a low profile now :P

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Thread Information