Thread: Workout Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Girl at the back 'mirin

For sure man

Anyways, me and a few friends messed around with deadlifts today, and I did 3x3 275lb! We plan to test our maxes on Saturday and here are my projected values:

Squat: 245lb
    Deadlift: 315lb
    Bench: 150lb

I'm still struggling with getting my bench press up, any tips @. I suppose I should mention that I have VERY lanky arms, so I think that you'd be able to relate haha.
    Not sure if it's feasible, but it would be great if you could video yourself in order for us to critique your form. Even small corrections can have a substantial impact on the amount you are able to lift.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Anyways, me and a few friends messed around with deadlifts today, and I did 3x3 275lb! We plan to test our maxes on Saturday and here are my projected values:

Squat: 245lb
    Deadlift: 315lb
    Bench: 150lb

I'm still struggling with getting my bench press up, any tips @. I suppose I should mention that I have VERY lanky arms, so I think that you'd be able to relate haha.
    I don't necessarily have lanky arms, but proportional to my height so still a 6'8" wingspan or so.. I've always done pretty well with the benching numbers myself. Try different hand positions and see if it changes anything for you. I always grab the bar slightly wider than most people do.

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

An update to the previous post, smashed my projected deadlift record by roughly 35lbs!!! I did 340lbs for a rep. I attempted 365 but could only go half way. I'm hoping to be able to hit 400lbs by the end of the year. My friends and I also tested out bench, and it was significantly lower that I thought it would be. I did 140lbs for a rep, I really need to work on it >_<

Didn't end up testing out Squat since holy crap my legs are done.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Nice job, keep it up

Just remember if you are trying to reduce bodyfat (not sure if that's still your goal), expect little to no gains.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aufi View Post
    Nice job, keep it up

Just remember if you are trying to reduce bodyfat (not sure if that's still your goal), expect little to no gains.
    Nah, not anymore. Sorta grew into my frame over the past two years. Trying to currently gain some mass, i'm 169 @ 6'0. Goal weight is ~195lb @ 12-14% body fat.

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Keep up the good work @Sin;, Good to see you're still dedicated towards your fitness goal as most people lost motivation as they start to see slow or no progress.

Awesome work on the deadlift my friend!

As for your bench press, what tricep exercises are you doing? I know my tris are holding back my bench press weight.

Make sure you mention me when you update this thread with your squat weight!

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Shoo shoo gains goblin!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J J View Post
    goblin
    If you squint hard enough the head looks like Yoda.
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Slight update; I didn't actually test my max for squats since I have different schedules (different Unis) with my friends. Hopefully i'll get on with it sometime soon.

Anyways, leg day today, busted out 3x3 of 225. Absolutely gutted today after squats and deadlifts (3x2 225) today, could barely drive back home.

Haven't been consistent at the gym for the past week, had an economics test to study for (which went terribly). Good news is, I have a 3 week break until classes start so hopefully i'll be hitting the gym for the majority of the days. I'll take a break tomorrow, and do a volume filled chest workout on Monday.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Slight update, I managed to hit a max of 360 on my deadlift a few weeks back. Hoping to hit 370 in maybe a week. Bench has just completely plateau'd, I have no motivation to train chest at all.
    Back gains are slightly better, I can do 5x5 close grip pull ups (fists facing each other), but wide grip for some odd reason hurts my wrists so I think i'll stay away from that.
    Been neglecting legs since it's just so boring to train, but switching it up and going for volume rather than weight seems a bit better for me.

Until next time

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Slight update, I managed to hit a max of 360 on my deadlift a few weeks back. Hoping to hit 370 in maybe a week. Bench has just completely plateau'd, I have no motivation to train chest at all.
    Back gains are slightly better, I can do 5x5 close grip pull ups (fists facing each other), but wide grip for some odd reason hurts my wrists so I think i'll stay away from that.
    Been neglecting legs since it's just so boring to train, but switching it up and going for volume rather than weight seems a bit better for me.

Until next time
    Nice! 360 is a big number. I'm assuming that's a one-rep max?
    I'm curious about your grip when you deadlift. My lats get HUGE when I deadlift heavy, which obviously helps with pull-ups.
    Also not sure how much that pull-up grip engages the lats. Supposedly a close supinated (palms facing you) grip is best. I can definitely feel the difference when I change grips.

I'm the same way about bench. I actually start getting worse after a few months every time I go back to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Are you using any t-boosters or any other supplements to increase muscle growth?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Nice numbers, 225 for squats, 370 for deadlift whats your bench at?

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    Nice! 360 is a big number. I'm assuming that's a one-rep max?
    I'm curious about your grip when you deadlift. My lats get HUGE when I deadlift heavy, which obviously helps with pull-ups.
    Also not sure how much that pull-up grip engages the lats. Supposedly a close supinated (palms facing you) grip is best. I can definitely feel the difference when I change grips.

I'm the same way about bench. I actually start getting worse after a few months every time I go back to it.
    Yup, thats my ORM!

Quote Originally Posted by Lickme04 View Post
    Are you using any t-boosters or any other supplements to increase muscle growth?
    Creatine very rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by [XoL] View Post
    Nice numbers, 225 for squats, 370 for deadlift whats your bench at?
    Lol, it's at like 150 for a ORM -_-

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

The other two lifts are very impressive! I don't know if this will help you, but I started benching with dumbbells till I could do 90lb dumbbells then I moved onto the actual bench press and my results were a lot better once my body got accustomed to the barbell bench press. Crushed my previous record of 165 with 205 on my first day etc. (This was all when I used to be in shape lol)

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information