Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some good news for srl6 users wishing to bot on NXT

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Default Some good news for srl6 users wishing to bot on NXT

Fixed mode is now available on it (since ~3 days ago)

Here's what it looks like currently:
    ingame screen + uptext
    an ingame interface
    my graphics settings (min)

The interfaces seem to be the exact same icons & colors. It's now not really a question of "what in srl6 works with NXT?" but instead a question of "what in srl6 does NOT work with NXT?".
    I believe that most srl6 scripts would now likely only need to update minimap walking (if using) and perhaps waiting at loading screens, in order to work properly on NXT.

@Sin; You should have a much much easier time now
    @Clarity; This is currently only available on windows OS
    @Olly; your contributions to srl6 from 2013 are now likely to be still working for many more years! //and contributions from many others ofcourse, the mayor, ashaman88, etc

e: Inb4 I'm horribly wrong about stuff
    Last edited by acow; 01-19-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Noticed too, been working on a script myself. Also, colors are similar but do change slightly, definitely way less than before. Seems to be periodic rather than every tile load

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

IMO fixed mode is very limiting and harder to work with so I will continue botting NXT in resizable. Also I really think people should move away from 1) the old school layout which very few legit players use anymore and 2) a shared standardized layout for botting which allows for easier pattern detection.

Loading screens are disabled via Graphics Settings, no need to deal with them.
    Last edited by Clarity; 01-19-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    IMO fixed mode is very limiting and harder to work with so I will continue botting NXT in resizable. Also I really think people should move away from 1) the old school layout which very few legit players use anymore and 2) a shared standardized layout for botting which allows for easier pattern detection.

What do you suggest for layout? The defaults one are awful unless window size is large

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Is color scraping the only way to bot NXT right now? No interception/injection etc?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skollstagg View Post
    What do you suggest for layout? The defaults one are awful unless window size is large
    I make a custom layout for whatever activity I am botting, and vary the layout across accounts. This may be paranoid overkill, but I like to mimic real players as much as possible. If you are doing something simple like fletching at a bank, you don't really need anything fancy, just make sure the bank and inventory are visible. When I say fixed mode is limiting, I mostly mean for PvM/combat, which is what I mainly bot (Telos bot the dream ). You can barely see anything useful in that small mainscreen window, and for RS3 PvM you need to have most interfaces visible at the same time, in addition to 3+ actionbars.

I could be wrong, but I feel like having dozens (hundreds in the old days) of people using the exact same dated layout with the same scripts is asking for a pattern related flag or ban. Almost all legit players moved away from the old school layout years ago, save for a few people who like the nostalgia of it but don't like OSRS. Then again, SRL never really has serious ban problems compared to other bots.

Quote Originally Posted by riwu View Post
    Is color scraping the only way to bot NXT right now? No interception/injection etc?
    Yeah sadly @Obscurity; @Ross; and I got really busy IRL. @Obscurity; made some excellent progress a few months ago, he had everything done except the communication with Simba iirc. Maybe he can comment more. For now color has met my needs, and I like the challenge of scripting PvM in color again. If anyone else has been working on interception though they should speak up! Would be cool
    Last edited by Clarity; 01-20-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

@Clarity; Oh wow didn't realize you were currently doing color on rs3, for color I assume you're using srl6 with a bunch of your own fixes, do you have any comments on what srl6 is currently lacking in regards to NXT (vs what it has on the java)? Are you using a higher resolution when using resizable to bot? When using custom layouts, are you finding yourself needing to fix up/make your own versions of a good number of the srl6 functions?

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

My efforts are all on OSRS. Any reason why there's no mention of memory scanning with nxt? I thought that'd be a decent angle to explore too.

also @Brandon;

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

You can certainly bot it with OpenGL, DirectX but not only that.. You can legit hook the functions without even bothering with OpenGL or DirectX. It's all native now. You can inject functions into it to do what you want. You can read memory and offsets just fine. That combined with OpenGL, DX, Vulcan or even by itself is insanely powerful.

It's just that no one wants to do it and in all honesty, I got bored.. I already hooked it on OSX (OpenGL and a few native Mach-O hooks). I have not tried Windows but I just couldn't find the motivation this year.. I thought about doing it as a Christmas thing but meh..

Looks like someone else might have to try something otherwise we'd just settle with colour anyway. The biggest issue I saw would be embedding it into a window to make it minimize-able but that can be overcome in WinAPI fairly easily.

Most are happy with just colour anyway but yeah, I agree with Kasi here.. You can memory scan it.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

Yeah sadly @Obscurity; @Ross; and I got really busy IRL. @Obscurity; made some excellent progress a few months ago, he had everything done except the communication with Simba iirc. Maybe he can comment more. For now color has met my needs, and I like the challenge of scripting PvM in color again. If anyone else has been working on interception though they should speak up! Would be cool
    Did Oria have the capability of hooking NXT? @Obscurity; did publish the Simba Include, https://github.com/ObscuritySRL/Oria. It appears to have all the core functions to work off of, except of course the hooking lib itself, and the Simba communication.

If @Obscurity; is willing to, perhaps he could publish the Lib source and someone from SRL could pick up where he left off.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

I've been trying to edit my scripts to work with NXT, but seem to be having trouble with setupSRL(). Even though I think I'm setting up my client correctly, and targeting it, no srl6 methods seem to be working. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

If there are any devs left, the Simba 1.2 branch should just be merged with master, and tweaked (if necessary) to work with NXT.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laquisha View Post
    If there are any devs left, the Simba 1.2 branch should just be merged with master, and tweaked (if necessary) to work with NXT.
    And break everyone scripts and force them to use a highly untested simba version?
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

There's no include that will work with NXT. Not sure how tweaking Simba will fix that.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    And break everyone scripts and force them to use a highly untested simba version?
    Everyone's scripts won’t break, not if it’s done properly. One or two issues may crop up, but that’s how bugs get recognised and things get fixed. You sound as if you want to be stuck in the past and prevent things from progressing. A simple little decision like this can kick things into action, but nobody has the initiative to do it, and those that do are sadly no longer around or inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    There's no include that will work with NXT. Not sure how tweaking Simba will fix that.
    I’m talking about SRL-6, not Simba. This thread is about SRL-6 compatibility with NXT.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

In NXT resizeable, I can never seem to detect bank/colors for some reason. I had to manually put it into "fixed mode", which is how I've been botting for the last couple months (200M Invention inbound ).

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yourule97 View Post
    I've been trying to edit my scripts to work with NXT, but seem to be having trouble with setupSRL(). Even though I think I'm setting up my client correctly, and targeting it, no srl6 methods seem to be working. Any ideas?
    Just checked, for starters __setInputBoxes in C:\Simba\Includes\srl-6\lib\core\players.simba needs to be updated. Try changing the __BORDER_LENGTH to 299 and all four of the findColors to search in the following x1 y1 x2 y2: 384, 112, 673, 254 //colors haven't changed but location of the login boxes have.
    Probably more things need to be worked on, do let me know if that works for ya & whatever you get stuck on after (if anything). I'll be free ish after tomorrow, if you'd like to hmu on irc/skype for some srl6 work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    In NXT resizeable, I can never seem to detect bank/colors for some reason. I had to manually put it into "fixed mode", which is how I've been botting for the last couple months (200M Invention inbound ).
    Are you saying there's a fixed mode [as there currently is], for months now or that you've been using a kind of psuedo fixed mode?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Everyone's scripts won’t break, not if it’s done properly. One or two issues may crop up, but that’s how bugs get recognised and things get fixed. You sound as if you want to be stuck in the past and prevent things from progressing. A simple little decision like this can kick things into action, but nobody has the initiative to do it, and those that do are sadly no longer around or inactive.

I’m talking about SRL-6, not Simba. This thread is about SRL-6 compatibility with NXT.
    Simba 1.2 hasn't got backwards compatibility with simba 1.1 since it's a breaking release, things will break script sided and the simba1.2 branch wont work in simba 1.1 so merging them isn't a good idea . Getting wizzup to change his servers updater to pull the simba1.2 branch and saving it under srl-6_new.tar.bz2 and changing the srl updater extension so then only simba1.2 will download it not breaking stuff for people still running 1.1 would be better for end users and then it can be merged into master at a later date . I've already asked wizzup to do this and will again when he seems to have some free time so the current ETA is mid 2018. (Or maybe freeze srl-6.tar.bz2 and then merging or something like that)
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

So why are you even talking about tweaking Simba? Simba doesn't need to change? A new NXT include needs to be made. Whether that's using Simba 1.1 or Simba 1.2 is irrelevant (id hope its for Simba 1.2 ofc).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

So why are you even talking about tweaking Simba? Simba doesn't need to change? A new NXT include needs to be made. Whether that's using Simba 1.1 or Simba 1.2 is irrelevant (id hope its for Simba 1.2 ofc).
    Might as well get srl/srl include working on rs3 and then we have a similar code base between osrs and rs3
    #slack4admin2016

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Might as well get srl/srl include working on rs3 and then we have a similar code base between osrs and rs3
    Or that, but not sure why Simba needs to be tweaked for that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Or that, but not sure why Simba needs to be tweaked for that.
    He's not talking about Simba but the Simba1.2 branch of SRL-6
    #slack4admin2016

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

He's not talking about Simba but the Simba1.2 branch of SRL-6
    Thanks for clarifying.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)