Thread: Polosaurus made a simba tutorial on youtube.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Default Polosaurus made a simba tutorial on youtube.

Hey guys Polosaurus just uploaded a tutorial on how to set up simba with reflection on his youtube channel.
    As he is a famous youtuber, the video will probably get around 3-6k views.

With this much extra attention to the public scripts on the forums, a quality drop of the scripts is logical. As far as anti-ban and detectableness(is this a word?) is concerned.(IMO)

Just wanted to warn everybody to be extra careful with the public scripts.
    Last edited by Markus; 02-20-2017 at 02:17 AM. Reason: fixed youtube tag

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Interesting channel that guy got. Had to laugh at "I'm not going to explain how to script as I don't know how to myself"

Also @polosaurus; we don't allow script selling here! So no paying for the script requests. Everything is free
    Last edited by Markus; 02-20-2017 at 02:21 AM.
    I made a new script, check it out!.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

I wouldn't be worried about people posting low quality scripts. More people spamming in order to meet that jr member requirement however...

Checked out a few of his vids, seems like a nice lad. I've never actually seen RiD in action before trying to be calibrated https://youtu.be/JrlOmJocKaA?t=186 pretty funny

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Do you think videos like these will bring in lots of new members to the forums"

I also laughed at one of the comments, "Simba isn't for botters. Simba is for programmers.?"
    Pretty accurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

I watched this, and from there I stumbled back into Runescape.

I had no idea old school was released, I had no idea it was even being updated, I remember the poll happening but I thought to myself at the time, if this happens it will be garbage, NO GE, NO GWD, it won't last long.

I'm glad I was wrong, I had to check the date on the video like 3 times to make sure I was in the right year. I'm glad he made the video, because I'm going to try RS again. I was a leecher here, but maybe I can make some contribution now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

A guy with 6k subs is hardly a "famous YouTuber", but I'm just being a dick. Hopefully we get a few active members out of it, but I'm not holding my breath.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

*opens the script section*

"Not really sure if you've got to pay for any of these, some of them you definitely do."

Seems like a nice guy, and I'd thank him for the video, but it appears to me that he's not very familiar with the community at all.

He says in the video that he's not teaching anybody how to write scripts, says you don't need to worry about boards aside from the public script sections, and even encourages users to hide away the desktop shortcut to Simba that is created upon installing the program. This is all pretty standard leecher behavior.

The latter part of the video I am much more impressed with. He makes a point of reviewing the prerequisite steps for the script he uses as an example, going so far as to demonstrate downloading & installing the Lape Reflection include. This will probably cut down on simple issues, at least for the people that use this video as their guide.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

5k subs hasn't been considered anything close to a 'popular youtuber' for like 10+ years NEVER LOOOOL.
    Nowadays 1M+ subs or anybody that can earn enough of youtube to not work another job is considered youtube famous.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    5k subs hasn't been considered anything close to a 'popular youtuber' for like 10+ years NEVER LOOOOL.
    Nowadays 1M+ subs or anybody that can earn enough of youtube to not work another job is considered youtube famous.
    Is the dream

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    Relative to rs youtubers, he is currently popular, going by views on recent videos.

e: look at nightmarerh, 200k+ "subs" but getting less views on recent videos than this guy

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    A guy with 6k subs is hardly a "famous YouTuber", but I'm just being a dick..
    ^^^^
    youre not. 3-6k views isnt famous. Im pretty sure a video i posted of a ice dispenser modified to dispense hot pockets got like 2k views without doing anything, and having 0 other public videos on my account. So yeah... 3k? probably not a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Interesting but will bring alot of new members and spam no doubt.

Thread Information