Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Programmers and their Histories

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Default Programmers and their Histories

http://www.powerbot.org/community/to...orians-needed/

I contributed a lot of knowledge to this thread, figured I'd share it here. Feel free to make fun of us and/or post people we've forgotten.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Good read, Nowhere near complete though.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

There's so much missing and skimming through I see some false info. Let me go down the list quick and add to some of them of what I personally know.

Starting from the top, skipping all the new-scene people:

TRiLeZ - Helped a large amount in developing SRL, this includes earlier random-solvers.
    BenLand100 - More than just SMART. If you run your script (no matter what bot you use) and you can actually see your mouse moving across the screen, as opposed to just "appearing" at the target coordinate, you have Ben to thank for that. He also brought Reflection as a whole to the RS cheating scene; he was the first:
    Quote Originally Posted by BenLand100
    REFLECTION is my contribution, my gift, to the Runescape cheating community.
    hoodz, Krazy_Meerkat and elfyyy - The thread on powerbot gives these three the title of "creators and developers of SRL's reflection include for Simba over at Villavu". This is true if the statement refers to the current OSR-Reflection. Actually, the majority the current OSR-Reflection include is just based off the old, original SRL-Reflection include, which can still be seen here. This was maintained by Drakan? (I've forgotten his original name), Pyroryan, Mormonman, and I believe some others had a hand in building it, such as Nava2 and Naike. If I remember what Pyroryan told me before Naike played a big role in this but I don't know personally.
    moparisthebest - More than just "a forum host", he goes pretty deep into the RS cheating scene, how far I don't know but I remember his contributions when RSPSs were in the early stages. He did a _lot_ of de-obfuscating which helped us easily work with Jagex's earlier clients, specifically #317 . I wish I knew more about all he's done, I just know it's a crime to underrate him.
    XeroCheez - My friend and enemy. We were rivals for a long time in the RSPS scene, while I was following the work of Winterlove, Xero was more sided to the primitive-style engine and, like all the others who used that version, made ridiculously custom game servers. It wasn't until way later he started basing his servers off my Project16, and even then slaughtering them. As far as client-hacking goes, yes he did a lot of that, made a lot of servers go under permanently.
    Wizzup? - First of all, who ever wrote the thread forgot the "?" and also titling him simply with "Created the new SCAR" is a sad attempt; could they not even mention Simba? That's aggravating...

A couple others I can think of at this time is Sythe and Fasga. Sythe goes back to, at least, RuneCMS (where I began also), I'm sure Ben can remember that place. That community existed before RS2 was born and at the time still focused on RSC cheating. It was still running as RS2 was released, and somewhere along the line SCARScape was created which stopped the client from randomly changing colors on the MS and minimap. It also kept the compass always at perfect north, basically a huge aid to SCAR. Fasga, as far as I know, had nothing to do with the RS cheating scene but was a very talented programmer hands down. I met him in Dodian's early days, as one of the first few public RSPS. He helped me quite a bit and ran his own educational website for programming (Codefasga.com, does it still exist?).

Oh yeah, and MissSilabSoft who did a lot of RSPS work, part of the MITB team. Proto (I think) who was among the first to develop the RSC private servers. Ah I've forgotten so much, it's a shame.

One more edit, if you'd like an interesting read from Ben on his take of the RS cheating scene you can read his short story here:
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61521
    Last edited by Flight; 06-27-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Thread went to total shit after the fellows tho

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    There's so much missing and skimming through I see some false info. Let me go down the list quick and add to some of them of what I personally know.
    Please do that'd be appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by NexPB View Post
    Thread went to total shit after the fellows tho
    dat opinion tho
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

I apologize I made a mistake with what I said about Winterlove, I had him confused with Whitefang. Sorry for the wrong info.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Pretty sh*t thread if you ask me. Full of mistakes and irrelevant people.
    Care to help us out, then?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

They've got me and "cohen" as the same person.

cohen - I think he's got an account here. He did a lot on mitb in terms of bot development and all that. He's a a dev over at SRL now I believe (been a while since I've been over there)
    I've only ever been involved with SRL. There is/was a "cohen", though and he did stop by here at some point and people were confusing the two of us. So, cohen (I guess) did a lot of mitb, I (Coh3n) did not.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Care to help us out, then?
    A lot of it is just like...'x person used to make awesome scripts' (there are too many people that have made 'awesome scripts') not much being focused on the real legends of rs botting like the creaters of autorune

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    A lot of it is just like...'x person used to make awesome scripts' (there are too many people that have made 'awesome scripts') not much being focused on the real legends of rs botting like the creaters of autorune
    Or that _phl0w guy who is there because he stole things from people. Why are people like this being celebrated?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

_Rick seems to of gotten the most written about him xD
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    Or that _phl0w guy who is there because he stole things from people. Why are people like this being celebrated?
    _phl0w is a joke.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arm2 View Post
    That's because _rick wrote that himself about himself. Most of the other people don't even exist in the runescape community or passed away (paradigm :/) RIP

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Okay, so why are the real legends on RS cheating? And Kait has been mentioned several times.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    No one is being celebrated, we're just recognizing people for what they've done. If you have proof that someone besides _phl0w has done what _phl0w claims he's done, why not share it?

Quote Originally Posted by arm2 View Post
    Yeah, because he's done a buttload of things. He's expressed numerous times that he hasn't meant to brag, he's just stating who worked on what. And he's worked on a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfold View Post
    Most of the other people don't even exist in the runescape community or passed away (paradigm :/) RIP
    Well no, this list starts when RS starts, and continues to (currently) 2012

Also: "Thank you to @Flight" - Lesbian at powerbot

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Crappy list.. I am not there.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    Crappy list.. I am not there.
    seriously?

you're like the 5th person to say "list is shit kk pls" and not provide ANYTHING useful to the discussion

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

That was such a waste of a read. I thought I was in the matrix for a bit in there...
    Most of those people had small contributions or made crappy bots... the list is too full of irrelevant people and a couple of small thiefs. Who cares if somebody dumped the SDN of a bot?
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Clan View Post
    That was such a waste of a read. I thought I was in the matrix for a bit in there...
    Most of those people had small contributions or made crappy bots... the list is too full of irrelevant people and a couple of small thiefs. Who cares if somebody dumped the SDN of a bot?
    I agree that a lot of the list is irrelevant, but I think the people involved up to 2009/2010 laid the foundation for the big boom of java-based bot clients that have been coming out ever since (a lot of which are crap). I think those years were actually the last years in which there was at least some 'evolving' going on in bot development so I think people like Kosaki and Tekk are definitely relevant there. I'm curious what other people think of the relevance of people in the development scene hence I'm following all the topics

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Clan View Post
    seriously?

you're like the 5th person to say "list is shit kk pls" and not provide ANYTHING useful to the discussion
    come on

really

i mean seriously

>.>

why not specify who you think should and shouldn't be on the list (and why) instead of just condemning it and not contributing anything to the discussion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

come on

really

i mean seriously

>.>

why not specify who you think should and shouldn't be on the list (and why) instead of just condemning it and not contributing anything to the discussion
    Do you think phl0w should be on the list for 'stealing about $10k worth of digital goods'? I don't think that's exactly a thing worthy of mention. Matter of fact, don't you think it got a bit out of hand with adding people like Matt to the list for doing a minimal amount of development and hacking a website? It'd be cool if the people on the list actually had some sort of influence on the way that RS cheating has progressed through the years, because if you list people who've made a bot from 2011 onwards you're going to get loads because that's when the people before it actually made a lot of the source code public and the amount of tutorials and documentation of the process got a boost.

I think it's a difficult call to say who should be included and who shouldn't, but theres definitely a lot of people who even though they have created something haven't really brought anything new or refreshing to the board. I think even you'd know who these people are.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Rick View Post
    Do you think phl0w should be on the list for 'stealing about $10k worth of digital goods'? I don't think that's exactly a thing worthy of mention. Matter of fact, don't you think it got a bit out of hand with adding people like Matt to the list for doing a minimal amount of development and hacking a website? It'd be cool if the people on the list actually had some sort of influence on the way that RS cheating has progressed through the years, because if you list people who've made a bot from 2011 onwards you're going to get loads because that's when the people before it actually made a lot of the source code public and the amount of tutorials and documentation of the process got a boost.

I think it's a difficult call to say who should be included and who shouldn't, but theres definitely a lot of people who even though they have created something haven't really brought anything new or refreshing to the board. I think even you'd know who these people are.
    He's on there for stealing stuff? Erm, no. I'll ask Lesbian to take him off (at least for that).

And you're right, but it boils down to people's perceptions. Someone who wasn't around and didn't really know what Gh0sT did is going to perceive him as being greater than he is, because his story was exaggerated over time.

Someone who stole someone's idea and turned it into a product is going to be perceived as greater than the one who had the original idea.

In this day and age, it's all about execution, charisma and marketability. It's akin to the difference between a producer and an executive producer in the film business. The former makes under $50,000 a year, whilst the latter makes upwards of $120,000.

Your point about listing people who've made a bot in recent years is also very valid, there have been damn near more separate bots created in the last two years than in the rest of RuneScape cheating put together.

It is indeed very difficult to say who should be included, and I'd like to point out once again that people such as @Ashaman88; @slacky; @Wu-Tang Clan; @The Mayor; who have simply outlined what's wrong instead of making an effort to tell us why, or to tell us what's right aren't helping very much...
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 06-27-2014 at 10:04 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

It is indeed very difficult to say who should be included, and I'd like to point out once again that people such as @Ashaman88; @slacky; @Wu-Tang Clan; @The Mayor; who have simply outlined what's wrong instead of making an effort to tell us why, or to tell us what's right aren't helping very much...
    I should be included for my awesomeness. (with a bit link to SimbaExt, I may add)
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    I should be included for my awesomeness. (with a bit link to SimbaExt, I may add)
    I'll submit you, thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information