Thread: Current Safe Botting strategies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Default Current Safe Botting strategies?

Hi All
    I've decided recently to make an account and attempt to get it to a heaps good account with heaps of money on it n shit. However as I do enjoy playing the game normally without Botting on my main and I don't want to risk losing it I have some question.

What is the likelihood of Jagex banning my main instantly just because my bot pure was flagged? (I've read plenty of threads about it, including Brandon's arguments but I'm still not convinced.)

Is it worth deleting the random.dat file or is that just common mistrust in Jagex?

If I bot on one acc and play normal on main, can they detect me doing both actions from same computer?

I'm not stupid when it comes to Botting, however I hadn't done it in a while and would just like to have an update.
    Thanks in advance.
    Crit
    I want to make a working script. Lets hope i can be bothered anytime soon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crit View Post
    What is the likelihood of Jagex banning my main instantly just because my bot pure was flagged? (I've read plenty of threads about it, including Brandon's arguments but I'm still not convinced.)
    Zero

Is it worth deleting the random.dat file or is that just common mistrust in Jagex?
    Not needed.

If I bot on one acc and play normal on main, can they detect me doing both actions from same computer?
    They don't do that.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

^^ Basically This.

I've had over 30 goldfarming accounts banned in the last 6 months. If there was any truth to the IP flagging or HWID flagging myths, my main and my bankers would have all been toast well before now. All accounts are created and botted (and in the case of my main, legit-ed) all on the same computer, same IP.

There is a big difference between CAN and DO. Jagex CAN flag your IP and HWID, they CAN connect all accounts you use and they CAN ban them all at once. They CAN do these things. The question is DO they do these things? And I think the answer is a very obvious no, not currently.

So your question of whether or not it is safe to bot and legit, yes, currently it is.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

In addition to what gunner said- they can trace you, but I think Sin mentioned before that the storage of an IP or even your registered mouse movements would take up terrabytes of data for every user online. Jagex would be spending a fortune on servers and the game would experience significant drop in performance from the 'spyware'. Although once you log into runescape from any way, you signed a certificate to allow runescape to access your information. Also, in Gunners case, he had 30 accounts. Jagex would have to store all 30 of those IPs to match him and "IP ban him" even then he can use a proxy. And really, 30 accounts isn't that much for a farm. There are much bigger fish to be fried. Gold farmers who make an above average living from runescape will have hundreds of accounts running. Just imagine if Jagex had to store all the input information from all of those accounts? In my opinion jagex doesn't have the storage space to do it.
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

I've never been banned with Simba. So as long as you use a good script you'll be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TylerT View Post
    Zero

Not needed.

They don't do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    ^^ Basically This.

I've had over 30 goldfarming accounts banned in the last 6 months. If there was any truth to the IP flagging or HWID flagging myths, my main and my bankers would have all been toast well before now. All accounts are created and botted (and in the case of my main, legit-ed) all on the same computer, same IP.

There is a big difference between CAN and DO. Jagex CAN flag your IP and HWID, they CAN connect all accounts you use and they CAN ban them all at once. They CAN do these things. The question is DO they do these things? And I think the answer is a very obvious no, not currently.

So your question of whether or not it is safe to bot and legit, yes, currently it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Clan View Post
    In addition to what gunner said- they can trace you, but I think Sin mentioned before that the storage of an IP or even your registered mouse movements would take up terrabytes of data for every user online. Jagex would be spending a fortune on servers and the game would experience significant drop in performance from the 'spyware'. Although once you log into runescape from any way, you signed a certificate to allow runescape to access your information. Also, in Gunners case, he had 30 accounts. Jagex would have to store all 30 of those IPs to match him and "IP ban him" even then he can use a proxy. And really, 30 accounts isn't that much for a farm. There are much bigger fish to be fried. Gold farmers who make an above average living from runescape will have hundreds of accounts running. Just imagine if Jagex had to store all the input information from all of those accounts? In my opinion jagex doesn't have the storage space to do it.
    Cool thanks very much guys. I knew it would be relatively safe but just didn't want to loose my main. =)
    Crit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

but just didn't want to loose my main. =)
    Don't bot on any account you care about. Seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

i meant lose my main because i botted another account, not my main
    Crit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Jagex is rolling out bans based on client detection. This is just an assumption but I would say they rely around 95% on detection someone using a bot client (we all know them) and 5% from like reports.
    Bot over here doesn't use any of that so you are pretty safe to bot with simba.

Jagex doesn't ban based off ip's. pretty sure about that

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seohyun View Post
    Jagex is rolling out bans based on client detection. This is just an assumption but I would say they rely around 95% on detection someone using a bot client (we all know them) and 5% from like reports.
    Bot over here doesn't use any of that so you are pretty safe to bot with simba.

Jagex doesn't ban based off ip's. pretty sure about that
    I don't think that's accurate at all... Using OSRS as an example, SMART loads the RS client the same way as the other bots and even handles reflection like the other (reflection-based) bots, I assume anyways, yet bans occur extremely rare while using Simba. Now if the reason for everyone else's bans is based off client detection, why does it take time for their accounts to be banned? Why not insta-ban when loading the client through a 3rd party program?

I certainly don't intend to defend any other bots out there, but simply logging in through their client won't get you banned. There's a variety of ways your account could get flagged, it could be the quality of the script you're running, how many others are running it as well, how long you run it, and so on. I believe there's two main reasons why Simba-related bans are almost non-existent: first is this is obviously not a popular program for botting on RS therefore the usage-per-script is substantially lower than the others. The second reason is the quality of.. everything really. SMART is light-weight and doesn't breach the RS client, the SRL (and other) includes were designed & built (and maintained) by some very intelligent people who have an incredible amount of experience in the RS cheating scene, and Simba (in a nutshell) just reads the screen and can control the mouse/keyboard.

Again I believe the real reason for bans, in OSRS for this example, is based off many other factors but certainly not client detection. Anyways, I'm wondering how long it will take for Slacky to drop in and take this opportunity to point out my mistakes.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    I don't think that's accurate at all... Using OSRS as an example, SMART loads the RS client the same way as the other bots and even handles reflection like the other (reflection-based) bots, I assume anyways, yet bans occur extremely rare while using Simba. Now if the reason for everyone else's bans is based off client detection, why does it take time for their accounts to be banned? Why not insta-ban when loading the client through a 3rd party program?

I certainly don't intend to defend any other bots out there, but simply logging in through their client won't get you banned. There's a variety of ways your account could get flagged, it could be the quality of the script you're running, how many others are running it as well, how long you run it, and so on. I believe there's two main reasons why Simba-related bans are almost non-existent: first is this is obviously not a popular program for botting on RS therefore the usage-per-script is substantially lower than the others. The second reason is the quality of.. everything really. SMART is light-weight and doesn't breach the RS client, the SRL (and other) includes were designed & built (and maintained) by some very intelligent people who have an incredible amount of experience in the RS cheating scene, and Simba (in a nutshell) just reads the screen and can control the mouse/keyboard.

Again I believe the real reason for bans, in OSRS for this example, is based off many other factors but certainly not client detection. Anyways, I'm wondering how long it will take for Slacky to drop in and take this opportunity to point out my mistakes.
    You got some interesting points there. But I'm very active member on other botting websites. Well let's start with the concept ban wave. Every game company does them. It's a very common thing to do. It is to keep botters cautions but at the same time confident enough to keep botting. That is the only reason jagex does not insta ban but this does not mean they don't instantly detect that you're botting.

Yes the factors you put up are certainly important.
    Quality of scripts
    Quality of client
    Player behaviour
    Client detection - which I still believe is the main thing.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Make sure to bot while Jagex is sleeping. 6PM EST to 3:30AM EST is probably the safest times. Don't quote me on that though.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Make sure to bot while Jagex is sleeping. 6PM EST to 3:30AM EST is probably the safest times. Don't quote me on that though.
    Too late already quoted.

OT: Don't bot for ridiculous amounts of time, don't bot in heavily botted areas, don't GF a ton and you should be fine. Oh and don't use bad scripts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Thanks for all the invaluable info. Btw awesome livid farm script ashman. Getting my main to 99 farming. I hate planting trees, at least in virtual reality.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

I bot my main which is almost all skills above 80 and over 20 99s, the thing that keeps that account so safe is because I bot it with watch like a hawk. I wouldn't care if the account weren't worth so much to me. I would pay $100 if it were banned for a rollback tutorial island restart, but I'll bot on it all the same if it means I can make the account higher level.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Clan View Post
    I bot my main which is almost all skills above 80 and over 20 99s, the thing that keeps that account so safe is because I bot it with watch like a hawk. I wouldn't care if the account weren't worth so much to me. I would pay $100 if it were banned for a rollback tutorial island restart, but I'll bot on it all the same if it means I can make the account higher level.
    What do you mean watching it like a hawk? Do you talk every once in a while or do hop worlds?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    What do you mean watching it like a hawk? Do you talk every once in a while or do hop worlds?
    I never leave it on overnight and at least every hour I check it. I usually remove all of the terminatescript functions or logouts and then rewrite with a failsafe. I have a custom function for picking my name (or variants) out of chat and have replies. I just cover my bases and make sure that if I'm going to get banned, Jagex is going to work hard to find me.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Meh I know people who are 100% maxed with 1b+ wealth, 95% botted essentially. Its all luck at this point lol

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [XoL] View Post
    Meh I know people who are 100% maxed with 1b+ wealth, 95% botted essentially. Its all luck at this point lol
    Yeah, once your scripts for sure don't hang/end up looping/breaking on specific things, and you've got good randomness added, along with breaking, it becomes all luck on whether or not you'll get banned or not.

It all comes down to, can you risk the account you're botting on, the chance of getting banned? (And that chance is assuming that your script is bulletproof, if it isn't, that chance goes up).

Don't risk something you can't afford to lose.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)

I don't think it is at all luck. If you are getting banned then you are doing something wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

I bot around 6-12 hours a day on my only main on rs07 non stop and I haven't been caught or even noticed yet, been doing it since around midway through 2013 and have got a pretty good account going. I did have another main that got banned when I was using epicbot in 2011 but I highly doubt they would have tracked my ip from that long ago. just dont bot in common botting locations and you should be fine

Thread Information