Thread: Physical Improvement Log

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Default Physical Improvement Log

Hey everyone, I am back. Well at least trying to be back.

I will be starting a new workout log, won't be updated daily but once in a while for sure. My starting weight is around 200lb (14.2 stone), I will get an accurate weigh in sometime tomorrow. Just trying to get back into shape. I will not start the supplements until this Wednesday but the diet and workouts will start 11-9-2015.

Thanks, lets hope this goes well!

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

What are your goals? Fat loss? Muscle gain? Everyone has a different idea about what 'healthy' is.

Either way I'd be worried about not having enough healthy fats. I see lots of whole wheat (which has a higher glycemic load than pure table sugar) but not a lot of good carbs or fat, eg sweet potatoes and avocados. Also too much protein will destroy your kidneys and pancreas (not that 180g is too much for you, but the ratio is off IMO).
    I wouldn't worry too much about calories, as long as you are eating good food. Calories are a pretty awful measure of what food actually does for you. Micro-nutrition is much much more important.
    This is especially true with a workout schedule like the one you listed. Your body can't recover if it doesn't have the raw materials.

That's my nutty opinion anyway.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

What a beautifully formatted thread. Good luck on whatever your goals are

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

No squats?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    What are your goals? Fat loss? Muscle gain? Everyone has a different idea about what 'healthy' is.

Either way I'd be worried about not having enough healthy fats. I see lots of whole wheat (which has a higher glycemic load than pure table sugar) but not a lot of good carbs or fat, eg sweet potatoes and avocados. Also too much protein will destroy your kidneys and pancreas (not that 180g is too much for you, but the ratio is off IMO).
    I wouldn't worry too much about calories, as long as you are eating good food. Calories are a pretty awful measure of what food actually does for you. Micro-nutrition is much much more important.
    This is especially true with a workout schedule like the one you listed. Your body can't recover if it doesn't have the raw materials.

That's my nutty opinion anyway.
    I agree, as of right now my diet is really "simple" because of the fact I have next to no food at my place that I can make on a regular basis. (College, I have tons of the above listed food but not much of anything else) my goals are weight loss, so calories in vs calories out in the most simple form will still have an impact on my body.

Quote Originally Posted by Aufi View Post
    What a beautifully formatted thread. Good luck on whatever your goals are
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    No squats?
    So during my inactivity I tore my ACL and the doctor recommended not squatting due to the pressure it puts on my knees. I'll probably end up doing hex deadlifts which in my opinion are very similar without all of the pressure.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

let see dem gains!
    Formerly known as Undorak7

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Good Luck with your program. Here's what mine looks like with a focus on endurace.

Morning Workout

Monday - Back day
    Tuesday - Chest
    Wednesday - Shoulders
    Thursday - Arms
    Friday - Legs
    Saturday - Cut Day(High Reps alt. body parts)

*ABS Everyday alt Exercises

Afternoon Workout

Monday
    • Elliptical 45 Minutes
    • 15 Minutes Push ups/Sit ups

Tuesday through Saturday
    • 1 hour swimming laps

"Sometimes User's don't need the Answer spelled out with Code. Sometimes all they need is guidance and explanation of the logic to get where they are going."

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Ill try to get you guys some pictures so you can see where I am starting at
    Weighed in at 203lb today. That was rough to see, I haven't been over 200 in over a year.

I barely ate today, two eggs/two pieces of toast/cheese stick/a fun size snickers bar/a few mints. I know I am slacking hardcore already, I just have an exam tomorrow that I barely studied for so I didn't get many opportunities to go back to my apartment besides in the morning. I will try to shove down a protein shake before bed (Will be getting back very late, I hate eating after 9pm)

Also hit the grocery store today, bought some interesting snack items (I like to eat, and I don't believe in being miserable for the sake of looking good regardless of how good I look... I like my food more.) Typical American I guess! Anyway the snack items I bought were not nutritious in anyway just basically space fillers in my stomach (low calorie, low nutrition) I bought popped wheat thins, and rice cakes, as well as several lunch meats and this bread that is 35 calories a slice with 2.5g protein.

Ah nice BraK, looks like a solid workout plan!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

So the past two days have been really stressful didn't get many chances to eat (in total the past two days I ate 1040 calories, and about 45g of protein.

Tried going to the gym, never really considered being this malnourished would have an effect on my gym ability until today. I just assumed it would be like 5lb, but I needed help with 135 today (my warm-up)-.- in fact it dropped and I couldn't get it off. First time for everything I guess, well I learned my lesson.

Numbers:
    (I did it in this order due to the gym being packed, also helps explain my failure on the bench)

Chest Press Machine:
    15x180
    12x220
    7x240

Chest Dips:

Bench:
    6x135
    4x135
    (I didn't go for a third after that failure lol)

Pec Dec (Fly machine):
    12x145
    10x160
    4x175

Curl Machine (It was so packed, just didn't want to bother lol was a bit disheartened after my fail)
    8x70
    6x70

Did cardio for 20 minutes... Drinking a protein shake (400 calories) and eating two eggs with two pieces of toast. (70+70+70+400)
    Bringing my two day total to 1650... I will be better about this, im one of those people who eat when they are bored an when I am stressed or busy I just tend to forget (which is pretty rare tbh)

Feel like shit, going to bed

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

From 203 down to 196lb
    I am unsure how much of this is water but I am assuming almost all of it is, because I feel/look fatter than I was before.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Worked out today, numbers were better than last time. Feeling a lot better about it too

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Its going well, wish I was seeing more improvement. I had a bad binge day yesterday but other than that ive been on top of my stuff!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

I weighed in two days ago at 192.4 so that is just a tad over 10lbs lost! Not sure how much is water/muscle/etc. I just started my 3 tabs of ephedrine/3 tabs of caffeine/2 forskolin and I had HMB lying around so I might start taking that in a week.

All my lifts are up! My body is finally starting to remember how to be at the gym so that is nice.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Hey guys, still at it. I had a two day binge basically and that set me back some but before that I was on point so hopefully it didn't kill my results! Hopefully will have a weigh in sometime soon, I feel like I am leaner. I feel gross from the binge though, hoping to make it up this week.

Monday (Today, Studying) I am cutting the calories down significantly just to mitigate the damage from the weekend
    Tuesday (Exams) I will be busy, but will be eating within the demands of my regular diet
    Wednesday (Gym) Finally I can hit the gym again, will be nice. I plan on doing 60 minutes cardio with a back and Chest and Bicep split
    Thursday (Exam) but after that I can continue regular dieting with the gym as well (Back and Triceps)
    Friday (Gym) Hopefully the nighttime activities won't be too determental after my exams are over (Legs and Shoulders)
    Saturday (Back Home) on vacation for the next month, I have a gym membership and hopefully the will to stop myself from over indulging!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [XoL] View Post
    Hey guys, still at it. I had a two day binge basically and that set me back some but before that I was on point so hopefully it didn't kill my results! Hopefully will have a weigh in sometime soon, I feel like I am leaner. I feel gross from the binge though, hoping to make it up this week.

Monday (Today, Studying) I am cutting the calories down significantly just to mitigate the damage from the weekend
    Tuesday (Exams) I will be busy, but will be eating within the demands of my regular diet
    Wednesday (Gym) Finally I can hit the gym again, will be nice. I plan on doing 60 minutes cardio with a back and Chest and Bicep split
    Thursday (Exam) but after that I can continue regular dieting with the gym as well (Back and Triceps)
    Friday (Gym) Hopefully the nighttime activities won't be too determental after my exams are over (Legs and Shoulders)
    Saturday (Back Home) on vacation for the next month, I have a gym membership and hopefully the will to stop myself from over indulging!
    The exercise will actually help with the exams too. Kudos.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tls View Post
    The exercise will actually help with the exams too. Kudos.
    Yeah! I did a full body split today just to get the whole body going, feels great.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Ran out of forskolin, not sure how I feel about it... I honestly feel like it was doing something for me, but at $40 a bottle for 95% pure forskolin it just isn't worth it. I would rather save that money

Also, winter break is coming this Saturday. I plan on working on my big three during that time especially since I will have a spotter for the month (a friend of mine), just want to build some neural connections for the big three, I feel like I have bench down but deadlift and squat should be way higher than they are and with a little practice I think they will be
    Last edited by [XoL]; 12-15-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Have you thought about doing interval training bro? You can cut back your cardio to about 20-30 minutes. Seems popular.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwikiwi View Post
    Have you thought about doing interval training bro? You can cut back your cardio to about 20-30 minutes. Seems popular.
    I would but when you take an EC stack you can't risk bringing your heart rate too high so I had to avoid it

Thread Information