Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my bronze 3 on league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    lol gonna start putting everybody on mute or just quit ranked games

toxic people make me want to intentionally feed.
    This. Just mute people if they start talking negatively. Works every time.

Also, you said you just got level 30? TO be honest, you should try playing draft normals for a bit. Ranked is nothing like blind normals. When I started ranked I jumped straight into ranked, got bronze 3, and lost most of my games.

Play draft normals, find a few champions who you really enjoy to play, and learn how to win with that champ. By the time you get comfortable enough, and then try ranked again, I guarantee you WILL carry the game, and win most of the subsequent games and get to silver.

Also, draft normals are much better for learning and improving because you get matched with players of all skill ranges; not 9 other bronze players. You will have silver, gold, plat, diamonds in the match sometimes. Draft norms are usually much less toxic as well so you actually can learn instead of being wished death or OMG REPORT NUB TEAM GG FEED.

TL,DR; norms > ranked, until you have a few champs in a few different roles that you can carry.

BTW, don't listen to anyone who says support can't carry. Trust me, they can

PM me if you ever want to play together.
    Last edited by lolskilla; 03-04-2015 at 05:38 PM. Reason: forget to quote

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lolskilla View Post
    This. Just mute people if they start talking negatively. Works every time.

Also, you said you just got level 30? TO be honest, you should try playing draft normals for a bit. Ranked is nothing like blind normals. When I started ranked I jumped straight into ranked, got bronze 3, and lost most of my games.

Play draft normals, find a few champions who you really enjoy to play, and learn how to win with that champ. By the time you get comfortable enough, and then try ranked again, I guarantee you WILL carry the game, and win most of the subsequent games and get to silver.

Also, draft normals are much better for learning and improving because you get matched with players of all skill ranges; not 9 other bronze players. You will have silver, gold, plat, diamonds in the match sometimes. Draft norms are usually much less toxic as well so you actually can learn instead of being wished death or OMG REPORT NUB TEAM GG FEED.

TL,DR; norms > ranked, until you have a few champs in a few different roles that you can carry.

BTW, don't listen to anyone who says support can't carry. Trust me, they can

PM me if you ever want to play together.
    Yea im taking a break from ranked and doing ARAM

I feel like I'm decent at league again

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Yea im taking a break from ranked and doing ARAM

I feel like I'm decent at league again
    Be careful, don't get too good at ARAM or you'll run into the people who 'magically' only ever get lux, nidalee, and ziggs; only getting garen when it's his free week.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    Be careful, don't get too good at ARAM or you'll run into the people who 'magically' only ever get lux, nidalee, and ziggs; only getting garen when it's his free week.
    how?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

how?
    People make accounts where they literally only buy op ARAM champs, so every game the only champs they get are either their OP ARAM champs or the free week champs. When I play ARAM with one of my diamond friends, these show up pretty regularly; it's really really sad to be honest. It can sort of backfire (infrequently) though as if you have 5 super mega pokers without any frontline or adc, if you don't demolish the enemies in 15 minutes, you're gonna be ultra screwed when their tank/bruiser comes back on his 3rd or 4th death with enough tankiness to 1 on 5 you (them getting this far though, is admittedly rare).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Hey, message me! add me on skype or something and I can coach/help you out for free. I have 2 accounts that are currently platinum and 1 account that is diammond 5

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

People make accounts where they literally only buy op ARAM champs, so every game the only champs they get are either their OP ARAM champs or the free week champs. When I play ARAM with one of my diamond friends, these show up pretty regularly; it's really really sad to be honest. It can sort of backfire (infrequently) though as if you have 5 super mega pokers without any frontline or adc, if you don't demolish the enemies in 15 minutes, you're gonna be ultra screwed when their tank/bruiser comes back on his 3rd or 4th death with enough tankiness to 1 on 5 you (them getting this far though, is admittedly rare).
    lol thats so lame

I made another account to play low elo but I forgot how horrid reeaallly low elo is. Like, every game there is either a afker, or a feeder. On top of that everyone just picks what they want. So usually the team will consist of like 3 adcs and 2 mages lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by o0Matthius0o View Post
    And thats when i stopped playing lol
    Not sure if Leauge of Legends or laugh out loud...

I played this game, got to level 30. Played a few matches. Realized how much memorization, learning the best items, click timing, internet connection, and everything else, especially the team, was important. Then I quit, joining my friend in the quit LoL crew while waiting to see what the other few did. I do like competing but the game just wasn't for me.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trollcrank View Post
    Not sure if Leauge of Legends or laugh out loud...

I played this game, got to level 30. Played a few matches. Realized how much memorization, learning the best items, click timing, internet connection, and everything else, especially the team, was important. Then I quit, joining my friend in the quit LoL crew while waiting to see what the other few did. I do like competing but the game just wasn't for me.
    Sometimes I like watching league more than I like playing it

When you watch it you don't have to deal with the BS

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Sometimes I like watching league more than I like playing it

When you watch it you don't have to deal with the BS
    Yeah, but some times I end up feeling sorry for some of the teams, especially the last place teams in both LCS. MYM's support is legit bronze and brings back memories of when everyone was trying to hop on the leona hype train in ranked way back for me :P

After a while though, most of the games are not that interesting, something just makes it seem so boring. Especially this season with all the snowballing mechanics they added in and the nerf everything before any buffs approach. The good LCS teams, you know there is no chance that they lose when you see them getting 5 dragons in a row while their doomed opponents are farming, instead of doing anything, and hoping for yoloQ plays. That's why I generally only pay attention to games of aggressive teams like gambit and liquid.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Truth about ARAM is that it doesn't assign random champions. I have nearly all champs and there are still certain ones I've never played in over 1200 games. Either that's ridiculous RNG or ARAM is likely staged to give you the 'fun/overpowered' champions more frequently. It was never like this before the official ARAM mode was added.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

League's "put in league" system is quite shit, it does not always depend on your games, sometimes its luck also. For example after the end of season 3 (I think) i played my first 10 games to have a rank, I won 7/10 and I was put to Bronze III. I have 1 explanation: Its a very start of the season so it is harder to get better rank because of that. If it is not the case I am really not sure, why this happened.

And yes, pairing with higher rank people is usual stuff. Because of that it is hard to keep up proper MMR which leads to going even deeper into bronze.

All in all, you can not do anything about this and pray god that one day you will make it out of "elo hell"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niekasnieko View Post
    League's "put in league" system is quite shit, it does not always depend on your games, sometimes its luck also. For example after the end of season 3 (I think) i played my first 10 games to have a rank, I won 7/10 and I was put to Bronze III. I have 1 explanation: Its a very start of the season so it is harder to get better rank because of that. If it is not the case I am really not sure, why this happened.

And yes, pairing with higher rank people is usual stuff. Because of that it is hard to keep up proper MMR which leads to going even deeper into bronze.

All in all, you can not do anything about this and pray god that one day you will make it out of "elo hell"
    It's actually been proven that elo hell only happens when you reach / get very near your true elo. If you are truly deserving of gold elo, elo hell will be high silver for you; if you're meant to be silver. One of my friends who got bronze 5 (probably belongs in low silver) has recently just been tearing up the tier, he's bronze 2 now. Another thing is that if you accept responsibility for your games going badly (aside from the sion running up mid going 0-20 or afks), as well as not using chat for anything but mia, timers, and 'group xxx' you'll be much more relaxed in the long run and it will definitely show in your ranking higher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

It's actually been proven that elo hell only happens when you reach / get very near your true elo. If you are truly deserving of gold elo, elo hell will be high silver for you; if you're meant to be silver. One of my friends who got bronze 5 (probably belongs in low silver) has recently just been tearing up the tier, he's bronze 2 now. Another thing is that if you accept responsibility for your games going badly (aside from the sion running up mid going 0-20 or afks), as well as not using chat for anything but mia, timers, and 'group xxx' you'll be much more relaxed in the long run and it will definitely show in your ranking higher.
    While I don't believe in 'elo hell' I do believe in the fact ranking up gets 10x harder the closer you get to where you belong. I spent roughly 4 months in Gold 1, then after finally reaching Plat 5 I quickly climbed up and got to Plat 4 within 2 weeks. It's insane.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Buxtons View Post
    While I don't believe in 'elo hell' I do believe in the fact ranking up gets 10x harder the closer you get to where you belong. I spent roughly 4 months in Gold 1, then after finally reaching Plat 5 I quickly climbed up and got to Plat 4 within 2 weeks. It's insane.
    That's exactly the real 'elo hell'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

That's exactly the real 'elo hell'
    Haha! I'm just glad it's all over. That was back in season 4, luckily in season 5 I got placed in plat 5 after placements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

I hope I'm not gravedigging, but anyone who is not at least playing with mostly Challenger's doesn't really know what they've managed to avoid.
    I actually quit LoL for lent, but I am pretty decent at the game (good enough to make easy money off of it).
    When I first started out I was placed in high gold, and I thought it was elo hell; I thought that once I got to higher elo, all the 'trolls and afk's would disappear.' What a laugh. After a season of playing I easily rose to Diamond, and before the end of that season I was Challenger (on multiple accounts; only support/mid). What is really elo hell is when you get to the point where you're playing with all Challengers who truly, truly do not care if they lose a game because they have no way to go UP.
    When I was boosting, people would threaten to RQ, but they usually didn't; they wanted and had room to climb. As a whole, low elo is much more friendly - unless you do something against the meta (AKA heimer jung), which is why I generally find myself dislikeing low-elo LCS watcher (pros).
    Favorite champion: Blitzcrunk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information