Thread: Someone update me on the state of runescape botting

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Question Someone update me on the state of runescape botting

Hi there, its been a very long time since I last logged into these forums and an even longer time since I made a post!
    I'd really appreciate if someone could update me with the current state of runescape 3 botting and SRL/SIMBA? Are ban rates as high as people make seem to indicate on reddit?

I've just finished uni and therefore have a lot more free time, I'm tempted to make a new account and see how high I can get it with minimal legitimate play but I can't be bothered if its going to get banned within a week or so.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Welcome back!
    I'll start of by saying all "public" injection bots (powerbot, epicbot etc.) have nearly a 100% ban rate as of current time. Over here things are much, much brighter! This all depends on the quality and quantity of the scripts, plus your time running it though... Macro smart and you should be fine!

TL;DR:
    Injection < Colour
    Private > Public
    Suiciding < Smart
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Thanks for that I've noticed people using OGL reflection on here, is this as powerful as client reflection used to be?

Back in the day I botted an account to max stats using RSBuddy, am I right in presuming this isn't as common any more?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the flea View Post
    Thanks for that I've noticed people using OGL reflection on here, is this as powerful as client reflection used to be?

Back in the day I botted an account to max stats using RSBuddy, am I right in presuming this isn't as common any more?
    Not as powerful as reflection, but it does allow for higher complexity scripts with model and texture information.
    Welcome back to the party! I don't think the ban rates talked about on reddit center around SRL scripting so much, reddit discussions pertain more to the "mainstream" bot providers. Haven't been banned at all in my time here (achieved max account, a few 120s), except once when I was forgetful and had a 3 pixel click randomness in a script I was developing. Silly me

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

It is actually quite rare for an account to be banned using colour if you are training for XP. I think I've had 1 in 8 years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Thanks for all the replies guys and making me feel welcome, this is and always will be my favorite RS community!

Think I'll have to start familiarizing myself with the include after work today (currently pretending to work).

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Hi. Never been banned using non-goldfarm scripts. Obvious lvl 4 goldfarming farm has so ridiculously low ban chance that i am actually planning 200m xp partys next year But with osrs its different story...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

so what counts as moderate botting to you guys nowadays then for a main account? 6 hour shifts?

I can remember times when 4 hour progress reports where super impressive and other times when if there wasn't a game update 10+ days was easily achievable.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

so what counts as moderate botting to you guys nowadays then for a main account? 6 hour shifts?

I can remember times when 4 hour progress reports where super impressive and other times when if there wasn't a game update 10+ days was easily achievable.
    I basically haven't logged out of my main in over a month. The account was fresh in March and now I have over 300m xp.
    I run my 6 goldfarmers for the full 23 hours without break. If they didn't require manual setup I wouldn't ever stop the script.
    My scripts have zero antiban and are impossibly fast and accurate. Personally I think it's a waste to try to mimic 'human' behavior. The most important thing is to not get reported.
    I think most people are more careful than that, but you can get away with a lot if using decent quality private scripts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

evilcitrus that's impressive! looks like I might be busy over the next few evenings

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

evilcitrus that's impressive! looks like I might be busy over the next few evenings
    @Ashaman88; once ran his agility script for over 1 month straight, through all of the RS updates. Big proggys are not that hard to get since Jagex removed random events from the game. Anything less than 1 day is not that impressive (depending on the script of course).

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

I just got back to it and not much of a difference than before! Welcome back.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Welcome back!

If you're going to start scripting for RS3, botting has been made even easier thanks to Jagex. For example, if I want to deposit an inventory of absolutely anything, I can do the whole thing in two lines:

Simba Code:
    bankScreen.open(BANK_CHEST_LUMBRIDGE);
    bankScreen.clickButton(BANK_BUTTON_PRESET_1);

... which is obviously done with SRL-6, but stuff like bank presets and the 100% removal of random events from RS3 has made botting an absolute dream. These days, a first script will go for 10+ hours without breaking, and from what I've been told, that used to be incredibly impressive, but now it's just the norm.

You should also take a look at Oldschool RuneScape, since you may be more interested in that. If you haven't heard of it, it started off as a copy of a 2007 backup of RuneScape pre-GE but post-GWD. It has since evolved into its own game with content that RS3 doesn't have, and has managed to hold a decent population with its dedicated dev team (who legitimately care about the game). AeroLib and Lape Reflection are the most popular includes for that now, the SRL-OSR include is outdated and unmaintained and I wouldn't bother trying to use it.

That's pretty much everything. Again, welcome back!

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Don't bother with anything other than Simba. The ban rates for Powerbot are insanity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akantor View Post
    Don't bother with anything other than Simba. The ban rates for Powerbot are insanity.
    To add to this, I used Powerbot when I started botting (which wasn't too long ago) and when a few toons got banned, I decided to play legit but still use the PB client since it doesn't have ads like the legit one does. Just using the client gets you banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

welcome back. people suspect higher ban rates during off hours (late at night)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Goldfarming bans rates are high.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

I ran two Ineedbot's aio fishing scripts for 20h a day for 2 months straight with no ban. While i did this I was also botting my main, and my pure (no bans so far). This is on old school runescape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jstemper View Post
    I ran two Ineedbot's aio fishing scripts for 20h a day for 2 months straight with no ban. While i did this I was also botting my main, and my pure (no bans so far). This is on old school runescape.
    all 3 on same machine with no vpn?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Currently fletched to 95 in under a week, I've been running 10-18 hours a day. Got myself a small farm! :P

edit: (OSRS)
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lolskilla View Post
    all 3 on same machine with no vpn?
    All on the same comp, no vpn, no proxies, same ip for everything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by currynoodle View Post
    To add to this, I used Powerbot when I started botting (which wasn't too long ago) and when a few toons got banned, I decided to play legit but still use the PB client since it doesn't have ads like the legit one does. Just using the client gets you banned.
    The same thing happened to me. I used PB on an account and got banned a few minutes into botting. Never been banned using a different client.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

PB has always netted me bans in under 24 hours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

PB never really worked out for me either

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

PowerBan is probably the worst when it comes to bans, but all the injection bots are that way. I personally have been running a Simba script for over a week with no problems.

Thread Information