Thread: Walking in ZMI underground

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Default Walking in ZMI underground

Hey all, I've been working on a ZMI runner (so far so good!) but have run into the final roadblock to finishing this; walking to the altar after banking.

I didn't bother using/trying SPS as I don't believe it'll work for the same reason the below hasn't worked but if you think that it will I'll at least give it a shot.

I've tried using DTM's for very unique spots on the map (using the white/black in the minimap) because all the colors on the minimap actually change. These black/white colors also vary slightly which loses the DTM's.
    I've also attempted static clicks to TBox's (this works but just seems very unrealistic/completely off), I may just have to fine tune this but looking for the best option.

Anyone have any ideas on something else that could be tried?
    I did come across a runelite plugin that allows it to be a single-click to the Altar but my graphics card isn't compatible to make this possible. Normally people will "follow" players but I'm not too sure how accurate I can get this and haven't been able to convince myself that it would be worth the effort to try and code it to follow the nearest player.

Any and all input is appreciated!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Could you post some screenshots of the minimap in this area? I'm not familiar with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    Could you post some screenshots of the minimap in this area? I'm not familiar with it.
    Capture.PNG

This is the world map version of it. One of my checks to ensure I'm down the ladder successfully is looking at the Lava color on minimap as the banker is usually crowded with people. I have to keep updating this every 10-15 runs as the colors change for that as well and keep updating ACA. I've got a list of about 15 unique colors currently.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzKrieger View Post
    One of my checks to ensure I'm down the ladder successfully is looking at the Lava color on minimap as the banker is usually crowded with people. I have to keep updating this every 10-15 runs as the colors change for that as well and keep updating ACA. I've got a list of about 15 unique colors currently.
    Probably easier to check for the black part of the minimap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Probably easier to check for the black part of the minimap.
    That's also changing alongside the thin white lines. I was trying to use only the black of the map and the thin white lines (I'd expect black/white to remain the same) for walking but keep losing the DTM's due to the color changes.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

That's also changing alongside the thin white lines. I was trying to use only the black of the map and the thin white lines (I'd expect black/white to remain the same) for walking but keep losing the DTM's due to the color changes.
    Have you tried RSWalker? I remember that being almost perfect for MM walking in OSRS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Have you tried RSWalker? I remember that being almost perfect for MM walking in OSRS.
    No, I thought it used colors to help walk, so I assumed it would be pointless to try. I'm working on updating RL plugin to do a simple left-click follow currently but I'll try out RSWalker to see if maybe it'll work here.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

No, I thought it used colors to help walk, so I assumed it would be pointless to try. I'm working on updating RL plugin to do a simple left-click follow currently but I'll try out RSWalker to see if maybe it'll work here.
    RSWalker is the perfect solution for this and it should work perfectly!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Yeah RSWalker will work amazingly. You create a custom map (if one hasn't already been created) and program the co-ordinates in.
    Run the MapGrabber.simba file and it should take a snapshot of the map. Be sure there is enough buffer space (black) around it so it can track it accurately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    Yeah RSWalker will work amazingly. You create a custom map (if one hasn't already been created) and program the co-ordinates in.
    Run the MapGrabber.simba file and it should take a snapshot of the map. Be sure there is enough buffer space (black) around it so it can track it accurately.
    Haven't had time to grab the map, let alone code anything. So does RSWalker not rely on accurate colors at all? Does it use colors but just has a high tolerance and goes from there or what?

Edit: Mapgrabber was super easy to use. One special note: it cannot be ran on RL or it errors out. I'm making the SPS path and then going to implement into script and begin testing will update on progress. Thanks everyone!

RSWalker is working great, guess I should've tried it before assuming it wouldn't work. Thanks everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

RSWalker uses template matching, from OpenCV. If you are interested in how it works you can check out the links in this Simba pull-request by Slacky: https://github.com/MerlijnWajer/Simba/pull/434 It's pretty cool actually and makes for a great RS positioning/walking system Although, I don't really understand the math behind it

Thread Information