Thread: Use Color or Reflection?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

Default Use Color or Reflection?

I started playing rs again and I came here and noticed the new reflection include.

Is the ban rate the same as color, or is it higher?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

more about the script & how "botlike" it is rather than it being color or reflection

assuming you're using smart they're both "as detectable" as the other... as far as we know & have seen jagex never has bothered to detect it
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I'd tend to agree with grats, I don't know much about Reflection (capital R, our include) but I'm pretty sure it's quite different to how most other clients use reflection and thus is not as detectable as they are.

Ideally you'd use Reflection as it's obviously superior, but have color routines to fall back on should Reflection ever break
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

I see now, thanks for the info. I'll try using KeepBotting's recommendation

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    I'd tend to agree with grats, I don't know much about Reflection (capital R, our include) but I'm pretty sure it's quite different to how most other clients use reflection and thus is not as detectable as they are.
    Our reflection include is equally risky compared to other reflection bots. The difference is that most of them used injection, which we do not.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

It really depends on how you bot.. If you're like me and want to get 85 mining for no reason in 2 days then you're going to get perm banned .

I am not sure about the current ban rate for bots now days, be careful not to push things too far though, don't end up losing your progress .
    Quit gaming

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Can anyone recommend me a ''how to macro properly guide''?

As silly as it may sound, I'm on my 4th macroing ban in 2 weeks of playing OldSchool Runescape (combat, fishing and 2 for mining), and clearly don't know how to bot properly.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zego View Post
    Can anyone recommend me a ''how to macro properly guide''?

As silly as it may sound, I'm on my 4th macroing ban in 2 weeks of playing OldSchool Runescape (combat, fishing and 2 for mining), and clearly don't know how to bot properly.

Thanks in advance!
    I am a dude that got perm banned for either botting mining or for making an item inventory switcher with Ahk... But later on went to make a new account and bot it to the max in 2 months with complete stats/b gloves/ f cape.. All i did was bot with more breaks and more breaks and maximizing anti-ban randomness but not to an excessive extent that is far from human - also always occasionally intervening in my game and doing the activities on my own..

Think about it this way, Whats more likely to get you banned?:

A) Using a power mining bot for 19 hours straight with break handler/sleep on and lots of mouse randomness/keyboard events and antibans?.
    B) Using a mouse macro with 19 different patterns to drop your iron ores but you legitimately mine the ores yourself?.

Upto you to be careful..
    Quit gaming

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

@Samerdl

So suppose I'm auto fishing. I should run the bot for an hour, take over for an hour and keep on fishing/doing other things?

Also I have very limited knowledge of scripting, hence i'm afraid to play around with scripts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

@Samerdl

So suppose I'm auto fishing. I should run the bot for an hour, take over for an hour and keep on fishing/doing other things?

Also I have very limited knowledge of scripting, hence i'm afraid to play around with scripts.
    I don't think script runtime has a huge impact unless its 24 hours +. The more important factors is if the account is bot-like in its stats. By this i mean if its a lv 3 combat 76 fishing account. Based on my own personal experience, these accounts get the banhammer quickly.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

@Samerdl

Proper way to mention so users get notification @:

@Zego

[HTML]@

^ will always get their attention, i made that mistake too when i got back into this game with osrs and re-visited villavu/scar-scripts.com

I honestly don't know, i don't play OSRS and i haven't even touched the game since i quit and had my final drop party on Sept 16th, 2014. I was speaking from my personal experience, if you don't wanna get banned then maybe its not worth the risk :-)?.

Good luck nonetheless!.
    Quit gaming

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samerdl View Post
    Proper way to mention so users get notification @:

@Zego

[HTML]@

^ will always get their attention, i made that mistake too when i got back into this game with osrs and re-visited villavu/scar-scripts.com

I honestly don't know, i don't play OSRS and i haven't even touched the game since i quit and had my final drop party on Sept 16th, 2014. I was speaking from my personal experience, if you don't wanna get banned then maybe its not worth the risk :-)?.

Good luck nonetheless!.
    did you mention me?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

I'd definitely say Reflection is easier to use than color but in terms of how likely you are to get banned they are one and the same. It's all about how the script creator implements humanlikeness in their script. AntiBan, failsafes, you name it.

For my scripts, I like to just observe how I, as a human, carry out a certain task. Sometimes, I'll doubleclick something just randomly. Or I'll follow a left click by a random right click. Why? Humand behavior. I also like playing with my left/right mouse keys to rotate the cam randomly.

I try to match these behaviors in my scripts. A fighting bot that waits for both health bars to disappear every single time is just too bot-like for me. To me, that just shouts 'hey I'm a bot waiting for my script to tell me I'm out of combat'. I try to be right on top of the moment when I, as a human, would act. Beating or at least matching human players is my goal.
    Ce ne sont que des gueux

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodz View Post
    did you mention me?

Maybe, i was trying to give an example for the usage of mention code and it broke!
    Quit gaming

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

You just forgot to close the html tag.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Color scripts don't inject code into the game. From Jagex's perspective, the mouse is being moved on the players end. I'm not sure how reflection works. Perhaps it works the same way. Either way, i've always felt safer with color

Thread Information