Thread: Ge Broken atm?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Default Ge Broken atm?

I did some searching but couldnt find anything. I just came back so be gentle if i missed something blatantly obvious.

I was writing a script for merching and the grandExchange.buyItem() is broken due to the update it looks like. Just wondering if there is a current fix or if there is one in the works before i go and start writing my own.

Oh and on a side note, is there a function to open the grand exchange for you? There is one for the banker but i dont see one for opening the actual GE.

thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

can you narrow down what is broken in the function?
    it calls .isopen, ._getBuyBoxes, ._returnToSummary, ._isSlotEmpty, .isSlotActive, ._isOfferOpen, ._enterName, ._enterQuantity, ._enterPrice, ._isSlotBuying, and finally, .waitCollectSlot
    (And thats just the GE ones...)

So, any one of those could be broken, and they may call other functions even more!
    or, it could be none of those.

(An analogy just because i can: My car is broken, someone fix it. )

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    can you narrow down what is broken in the function?
    it calls .isopen, ._getBuyBoxes, ._returnToSummary, ._isSlotEmpty, .isSlotActive, ._isOfferOpen, ._enterName, ._enterQuantity, ._enterPrice, ._isSlotBuying, and finally, .waitCollectSlot
    (And thats just the GE ones...)

So, any one of those could be broken, and they may call other functions even more!
    or, it could be none of those.

(An analogy just because i can: My car is broken, someone fix it. )
    sorry for not being precise. I thought the context was more clear.

i was talking about grandExchange.buyItem(). It is broken due to the fact that it will enter in the desired item. But the ge update now lists all the pictures of objects in the bottom of the screen. instead of clicking those the grandExchange.buyItem() will just type the item and hit enter. Which means it selects nothing to buy. Therefore the script fails.

Also i do not see a function that will open the grand exchange itself. like a grandExchange.open(). I need something that will click on the grand exchange clerk and open the screen up.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by o0Matthius0o View Post
    sorry for not being precise. I thought the context was more clear.

i was talking about grandExchange.buyItem(). It is broken due to the fact that it will enter in the desired item. But the ge update now lists all the pictures of objects in the bottom of the screen. instead of clicking those the grandExchange.buyItem() will just type the item and hit enter. Which means it selects nothing to buy. Therefore the script fails.

Also i do not see a function that will open the grand exchange itself. like a grandExchange.open(). I need something that will click on the grand exchange clerk and open the screen up.
    I think Turp's point was that there's a lot that could possibly be the culprit behind .buyItem() being broken. If you could test some of the internal functions he mentioned, we could discover which of the actual routines is borked. .buyItem() itself is just a "meta-routine," it being broken doesn't tell us a whole lot.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    I think Turp's point was that there's a lot that could possibly be the culprit behind .buyItem() being broken. If you could test some of the internal functions he mentioned, we could discover which of the actual routines is borked. .buyItem() itself is just a "meta-routine," it being broken doesn't tell us a whole lot.
    Sounds a lot like the search function is broken. Definitely ._enterName is the broken part. IIRC there is a function that handles the searching that is called inside enterName() which should be the source of the problem.

Edit: Note that this function has never really worked perfectly, and with the layout changes in the GE I'd imagine it causes even more problems now.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Thread Information