Thread: Banned by mistake

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Default Banned by mistake

A friend of mine was banned for goldfarming. Yet he is probably the most legit gamer I know. I could've offered him a blue partyhat and he would turn it down because he feels like he has to acquire wealth by himself, he doesn't even cheat on pokemon. He sent an appeal, ticket and email, but no response and this is about 2 months ago now. Do Jagex ban by mistake?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Some legit players were banned awhile back because they played so perfectly and efficiently that they resembled bots, but idk if they ban goldfarming by mistake. What is your friend's story of what happened leading up to his ban?

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Some legit players were banned awhile back because they played so perfectly and efficiently that they resembled bots, but idk if they ban goldfarming by mistake. What is your friend's story of what happened leading up to his ban?
    They've banned for 'Gold Farming' while doing Barbarian Agility <.<

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bi a op View Post
    A friend of mine was banned for goldfarming. Yet he is probably the most legit gamer I know. I could've offered him a blue partyhat and he would turn it down because he feels like he has to acquire wealth by himself, he doesn't even cheat on pokemon. He sent an appeal, ticket and email, but no response and this is about 2 months ago now. Do Jagex ban by mistake?
    It has happened..but pretty rarely, and when they do they usually admit to it and fix it. Any system has a certain % fail rate. They tend to ignore appeals for perm banned accounts now, because they feel the system is 100% right. I would suggest taking to the forums/reddit/ calling jagex if he really believes he was banned wrongly and wants his account back

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    252 Post(s)

from what ive heard to get any sort of customer services help is to try and get ahold of a mod. emailing and appealing to bill support litterally does next to nothing now a days unless it was a large scale mistake my jagex

View my OSR Script Repository!

Botted to max
    Guides: How to Report Bugs to the Scripter
    ~~~~ Moved to Java. Currently Lurking ~~~~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Your friend was probably gold farming

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itankbots View Post
    It has happened..but pretty rarely, and when they do they usually admit to it and fix it. Any system has a certain % fail rate. They tend to ignore appeals for perm banned accounts now, because they feel the system is 100% right. I would suggest taking to the forums/reddit/ calling jagex if he really believes he was banned wrongly and wants his account back
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk1nyNerd View Post
    from what ive heard to get any sort of customer services help is to try and get ahold of a mod. emailing and appealing to bill support litterally does next to nothing now a days unless it was a large scale mistake my jagex
    Thanks, I'll tell him this.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfold View Post
    Your friend was probably gold farming
    And you were probably increasing your post count.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

I've had 1 account banned ever.. and it was for using extremely offensive language.. yet.. it was a bot in my army like 8 years ago, and I doubt it ever talked once

I think they just click random stuff & then ban
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Thread Information