Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: AeroLib Include

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    That is bazaar. I might run it on my windows PC and see if I can replicate the error. I'll throw a mate of mine a few herbs to borrow his account

Has anyone else had the same problem?
    Yeah, I'm not quite sure. If you get a decent proggy (1+hrs) then I don't think it's a script issue - I might have to set up a windows vm!
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Hey there everyone. Just dropping in for a minute to let you all know what's up. I've been quite busy with work for a while now but had a two-day weekend so I've been tinkering around with some things. I have a few additions and upgrades to do to AeroLib and, if I've the time I'll be pushing a new revision within the next week. It's just difficult to say when I'll have the time to do so, so for what it's worth I do apologize for being behind in updating AeroLib. If it becomes apparent that this'll be a continue issue then I'll have someone else, trusted, come and maintain the include in my absence. On that note if you're interested in doing so drop me a line.

So please be sure to post here any issues you're having with the include or anything new you'd like to see added. Thank you all for your feedback.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hi there, I'm new here and I had a question.

I did all the steps above. But here is what it said;
    Compiled successfully in 1797 ms.
    [=================================]
    | < Aero|Library > |
    | ---------------- |
    | Version : 1,2 |
    | Revision : 1 |
    [AL] Initiating AeroLib...
    [AL] Checking version...
    Error: "1.2" is an invalid float at line 135
    Execution failed.
    ---
    line 135 is this;;
    if ((AL_VERSION_MAIN >= strToFloat(vM)) and (AL_VERSION_SUB >= strToFloat(vS))) then
    ---

How can i fix this?? I really would like some help.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iillkkaayy View Post
    Hi there, I'm new here and I had a question.

I did all the steps above. But here is what it said;
    Compiled successfully in 1797 ms.
    | < Aero|Library > |
    | ---------------- |
    | Version : 1,2 |
    | Revision : 1 |
    [AL] Initiating AeroLib...
    [AL] Checking version...
    Error: "1.2" is an invalid float at line 135
    Execution failed.
    ---
    line 135 is this;;
    if ((AL_VERSION_MAIN >= strToFloat(vM)) and (AL_VERSION_SUB >= strToFloat(vS))) then
    ---

How can i fix this?? I really would like some help.
    Try changing it to 1,2 instead of 1.2
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Thanks, this saved me a lot of trouble
    In every moment a choice exists. We can cling to the past or embrace the inevitability of change and allow a brighter future to unfold before us. Such an uncertain future may call for even more uncertain allies. Either way, a new day is coming whether we like it or not. The question is will you control it, or will it control you?
    -Niklaus Mikaelson

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Well I've had an update ready to go since this morning but I cannot for the life of me get GitHub Windows to cooperate, so I'm unable to push the update. I've been fighting with this all day and I'm absolutely burned out. I'll have another go at it tomorrow and if I still get no where then I'll discontinue AeroLib in GitHub and switch to something else that works. I'll try to keep you all posted.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Glad to see you're still working on this Flight

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Well I've had an update ready to go since this morning but I cannot for the life of me get GitHub Windows to cooperate, so I'm unable to push the update. I've been fighting with this all day and I'm absolutely burned out. I'll have another go at it tomorrow and if I still get no where then I'll discontinue AeroLib in GitHub and switch to something else that works. I'll try to keep you all posted.
    Pop on IRC if you can't get it to work
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

After lots of frustration I was able to settle the issue with pushing the new version to GitHub. So here we are, revision #2 has been uploaded and your AeroLib will be auto-updated the next time you run it. Here's a list of some of the notable changes:

• scrollToItem (Bank.simba) now utilizes the scroll wheel on the mouse, but can still (optionally) use the scroll bar if you choose to
    • Prayer routines, by @Dan the man, have been added
    • setDefaultZoom procedure added as well as an update for all display settings & the fixGraphics procedure
    • clickNorth added
    • Some handy functions for the XPBar (core/minimap/Orbs.simba)
    • The newest version of @slacky's RSWalker
    • @Clownhair's world list fix for the world selection screen

Now for those of you running scripts which use RSWalker you're going to notice a compile issue. This is because of the new format for TRSWalker.init, which now uses a single parameter (map name [string]) as opposed to (directory, mapname [string]). Simply remove the 'surface' or 'custom', whichever you use. Now all map files are to be placed in the maps directory. You'll see this in the updated AeroLib. An example fix would be:
    Simba Code:
    Walker.init('surface', 'WorldMap');
    ...changed to:
    Simba Code:
    Walker.init('WorldMap');

As always if you have any issues or additions you'd like to see included in AeroLib feel free to post them here or PM me directly.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

After lots of frustration I was able to settle the issue with pushing the new version to GitHub. So here we are, revision #2 has been uploaded and your AeroLib will be auto-updated the next time you run it. Here's a list of some of the notable changes:

• scrollToItem (Bank.simba) now utilizes the scroll wheel on the mouse, but can still (optionally) use the scroll bar if you choose to
    • Prayer routines, by @Dan the man, have been added
    • setDefaultZoom procedure added as well as an update for all display settings & the fixGraphics procedure
    • clickNorth added
    • Some handy functions for the XPBar (core/minimap/Orbs.simba)
    • The newest version of @slacky's RSWalker
    • @Clownhair's world list fix for the world selection screen

Now for those of you running scripts which use RSWalker you're going to notice a compile issue. This is because of the new format for TRSWalker.init, which now uses a single parameter (map name [string]) as opposed to (directory, mapname [string]). Simply remove the 'surface' or 'custom', whichever you use. Now all map files are to be placed in the maps directory. You'll see this in the updated AeroLib. An example fix would be:
    Simba Code:
    Walker.init('surface', 'WorldMap');
    ...changed to:
    Simba Code:
    Walker.init('WorldMap');

As always if you have any issues or additions you'd like to see included in AeroLib feel free to post them here or PM me directly.
    Nice!
    Thanks for implementing the new features + fixes.

I had to redownload the package from the masterbrange.
    The updater told me to restart the script but after restarting it would just update again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krotar View Post
    Nice!
    Thanks for implementing the new features + fixes.

I had to redownload the package from the masterbrange.
    The updater told me to restart the script but after restarting it would just update again.
    I'm having the same issue. I keep trying to update AeroLib, and it tells me to restart the script after updating, but when I restart the script it gives me the same message. Where did you redownload the package? I'm unsure what you mean by "masterbrange". Thanks for the help, and great job as usual Flight, looks exciting!

EDIT: I found the issue. Here's what you need to do. You need to let AeroLib update automatically through Simba once, and then go into C:/Simba/Includes, delete your old "AeroLib" folder, and then rename the new "AeroLib-master" folder to "AeroLib". No need to re-install anything from the master branch at GitHub. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Bibzy; 11-08-2015 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bibzy View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I keep trying to update AeroLib, and it tells me to restart the script after updating, but when I restart the script it gives me the same message. Where did you redownload the package? I'm unsure what you mean by "masterbrange". Thanks for the help, and great job as usual Flight, looks exciting!
    You can download the latest version from the first post.
    This version points to the latest version of the master branch.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bibzy View Post
    EDIT: I found the issue. Here's what you need to do. You need to let AeroLib update automatically through Simba once, and then go into C:/Simba/Includes, delete your old "AeroLib" folder, and then rename the new "AeroLib-master" folder to "AeroLib". No need to re-install anything from the master branch at GitHub. Hope this helps.
    That's odd, the "AeroLib-master" folder should be renamed to AeroLib in the updating process:
    Simba Code:
    RenameFile(IncludePath + RepoName + '-master', IncludePath + RepoName);

Current projects:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

That's odd, the "AeroLib-master" folder should be renamed to AeroLib in the updating process:
    Simba Code:
    RenameFile(IncludePath + RepoName + '-master', IncludePath + RepoName);
    RenameFile is returning false since it's trying to rename a directory. Maybe look into moving all files out of aerolib-master into aerolib then deleting aerolib-master?
    Last edited by Harrier; 11-08-2015 at 09:23 PM.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    RenameFile is returning false since it's trying to rename a directory. Maybe look into moving all files out of aerolib-master into aerolib then deleting aerolib-master?
    Or perhaps it's trying to rename the newly downloaded included with an already existing directory name. If that's the case I'll make a fix for it tomorrow after work.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Or perhaps it's trying to rename the newly downloaded included with an already existing directory name. If that's the case I'll make a fix for it tomorrow after work.
    After a quick test it is the case. How could you solve this? Deleting the Aerolib directory then renaming AeroLib-master to aerolib? If you did this all custom maps would be deleted every update.
    #slack4admin2016

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    After a quick test it is the case. How could you solve this? Deleting the Aerolib directory then renaming AeroLib-master to aerolib? If you did this all custom maps would be deleted every update.
    Yes the custom map files being deleted is the only issue I see. Other than that I have, I believe, a work-around for this issue. Would anyone be willing to do a quick test for me?

Current projects:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Attempted to run it but it continues to update.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Happened to me last update.
    It seems like when it auto updates it doesn't change the name, it just downloads to AeroLib-master.
    Fix is to delete old AL folder and remove the -master from the new folder name.
    Last edited by Joopi; 11-12-2015 at 12:53 PM.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Where would I go about posting snippets of function code for review?

Would love to keep contributing to this include if possible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Normally you would open up a pull request on the git repo. However i don't know if Flight accepts these the github way (merging the pull request). He does however add them manually when it contributes to the library.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clownhair View Post
    Normally you would open up a pull request on the git repo. However i don't know if Flight accepts these the github way (merging the pull request). He does however add them manually when it contributes to the library.
    Thanks for the info. I might post it on the SRL snippet section for now then. Looking for feedback mainly so I can see how I am travelling in terms of cleanliness/efficiency.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    It seems like when it auto updates it doesn't change the name, it just downloads to AeroLib-master.
    This should have been fixed with revision #3 , which I uploaded before leaving for work this morning. Now, when the new AeroLib is auto-downloaded the old AL will be renamed to 'AeroLib_Old' so the new one can be re-named accordingly. And the next time AeroLib initiates the old include should be deleted. It works for me but I had no volunteers to test it for me so I pushed the update anyways, being a semi-critical issue...

You might post it in the snippets section, make a post here or drop me a PM directly. I'm always open to expanding AeroLib.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

This should have been fixed with revision #3 , which I uploaded before leaving for work this morning. Now, when the new AeroLib is auto-downloaded the old AL will be renamed to 'AeroLib_Old' so the new one can be re-named accordingly. And the next time AeroLib initiates the old include should be deleted. It works for me but I had no volunteers to test it for me so I pushed the update anyways, being a semi-critical issue...

You might post it in the snippets section, make a post here or drop me a PM directly. I'm always open to expanding AeroLib.
    Will do, cheers!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks.

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread Information