Thread: Perm ban

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Default Perm ban

I used a private script that made money for a bit more than a month. Never took the gold off cuz I was confident in not getting banned :/

I have a feeling that SMART is detectable now :O. I'll prob try again without SMART and see what happens.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Detectability has been discussed in many threads. I believe the conclussion was that yes it is detectable, as any private client, but the question is: do they look for it? and would n't we all be banned if they were?
    Formerly known as Undorak7

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

e: misread
    Last edited by acow; 09-18-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Yes, the client is and has been detectable. Running a money making script for a month straight is actually pretty damn good though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

Why are you on this forum if you're trying to goldfarm?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbia View Post
    Because people who farm gold, are still people. The less discrimination there is, the better the world.
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbia View Post
    Because this a public forum that provides for & hosts a community of people who use automation to aid their progress in a video game

Neither you nor anybody else has got the right to define what that progress can or cannot be

If people want to goldfarm, they will goldfarm. There's not a lot of anything anybody can do to stop it.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

I am curious as to what you were doing to make money.

Were you botting a skill (runecrafting, mining etc)?
    Was it your main account or was it an alt?
    How many hours a day were you botting?
    Did you play on the account at all, and if so, what was your bot/play ratio?
    Were you running antiban on your bot at all?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    I am curious as to what you were doing to make money.

Were you botting a skill (runecrafting, mining etc)?
    Was it your main account or was it an alt?
    How many hours a day were you botting?
    Did you play on the account at all, and if so, what was your bot/play ratio?
    Were you running antiban on your bot at all?
    Runecrafting
    It was an ALT
    Like 10h+
    Nope.
    Yes a lot. like a lot.

I was really trying to make a bot that was most human-like as possible. I really hate when people think the solution to botting is to prevent yourself from getting 'flagged'. Hiding from getting 'flagged' is only going to delay the time til a ban. Botwatch is eventually gonna pick you up. I really want to make a script so I can bot to 99 rc w/o getting banned.

Maybe I got banned for using the client? Maybe for using a virtual mouse?
    I'll prob try again with a new account when I get some time. This time i'll use my own include and try to incorporate all humanistic movements.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unfold View Post
    Runecrafting
    It was an ALT
    Like 10h+
    Nope.
    Yes a lot. like a lot.

I was really trying to make a bot that was most human-like as possible. I really hate when people think the solution to botting is to prevent yourself from getting 'flagged'. Hiding from getting 'flagged' is only going to delay the time til a ban. Botwatch is eventually gonna pick you up. I really want to make a script so I can bot to 99 rc w/o getting banned.

Maybe I got banned for using the client? Maybe for using a virtual mouse?
    I'll prob try again with a new account when I get some time. This time i'll use my own include and try to incorporate all humanistic movements.
    There could be a number of factors.

Runecrafting is a high risk activity to bot on because double nats yield so much money.

The length of time you were botting each day is probably quite high for a skill like that too.

That being said, it could have been client related, or it could simply be that you were reported by another player, or botwatch picked you up.

There are a few on here that say antiban and mouse movements is a waste of time as well (I personally still use them).

Were you running reflection or color?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

i believe antiban is nonsense (still use it tho). I've used scripts without any antiban and have them run for huge periods of time with no problems. The real issue is first, reports and second, getting your script stuck, that gets you banned pretty fast

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lipcot View Post
    i believe antiban is nonsense (still use it tho). I've used scripts without any antiban and have them run for huge periods of time with no problems. The real issue is first, reports and second, getting your script stuck, that gets you banned pretty fast
    How you define "antiban" probably differs, OP is defining antiban as something such as "attempting to emulate human behavior as closely as possible" rather than say..."do random stuff randomly". High "antiban" or "script quality" nowadays tends to means that it's a script that emulates human behavior relatively well. Your bit about a script not getting stuck would no doubt be a part of his antiban efforts.

@op I'm very surprised you didn't transfer off the wealth btw, that should be done atleast once a week minimum. Don't think you can do much about it being a virtual mouse (& that's likely a non-factor due to possibilities of false positives in terms of detecting bots) and it was most likely a "script quality" issue, after a while they caught onto it. Ofcourse botting without SMART can help ease worries of it being due to client detection and in osrs getting a VPS setup shouldn't be too difficult as you don't need hardware acceleration for it so pretty much any provider that doesn't claim "cpu abuse" is probably decent. I could set a free limited windows one up for you for testing purposes if you wanted, if you want that then perhaps best if you use a script other than your beloved runecrafting script (maybe one that you want to create for applying for members), do you know a_cow's skype btw?
    Last edited by acow; 09-19-2016 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

There could be a number of factors.

Runecrafting is a high risk activity to bot on because double nats yield so much money.

The length of time you were botting each day is probably quite high for a skill like that too.

That being said, it could have been client related, or it could simply be that you were reported by another player, or botwatch picked you up.

There are a few on here that say antiban and mouse movements is a waste of time as well (I personally still use them).

Were you running reflection or color?
    Yeah but getting picked up by botwatch only means that my script was detectable. I really want to make a script that is undetectable. If i were to get picked up by botwatch, I still wouldn't be banned. That is my goal but I'm not sure if it's achievable.

Also, I was using 100% colour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    How you define "antiban" probably differs, OP is defining antiban as something such as "attempting to emulate human behavior as closely as possible" rather than say..."do random stuff randomly". High "antiban" or "script quality" nowadays tends to means that it's a script that emulates human behavior relatively well. Your bit about a script not getting stuck would no doubt be a part of his antiban efforts.

@op I'm very surprised you didn't transfer off the wealth btw, that should be done atleast once a week minimum. Don't think you can do much about it being a virtual mouse (& that's likely a non-factor due to possibilities of false positives in terms of detecting bots) and it was most likely a "script quality" issue, after a while they caught onto it. Ofcourse botting without SMART can help ease worries of it being due to client detection and in osrs getting a VPS setup shouldn't be too difficult as you don't need hardware acceleration for it so pretty much any provider that doesn't claim "cpu abuse" is probably decent. I could set a free limited windows one up for you for testing purposes if you wanted, if you want that then perhaps best if you use a script other than your beloved runecrafting script (maybe one that you want to create for applying for members), do you know a_cow's skype btw?
    Yup, my antiban makes it so that the bot follow a human pattern. The pathways are newly generated following a rough pattern like a human. I tried to make everything random but not 100% random. It would follow a pattern of a human with rare alternative movements and procedures.

It was 100% colour and I did bot on a vps server. I guess I shouldn't have used SMART. Only problem was that wine didn't load the fonts properly so simba couldn't pick it up when using Osbuddy or the main client.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

its almost impossible not to get picked by botwatch if you are reported. Its easy, they look at your bank, you have 100k oak logs you've chopped, and you've done nothing else for 1 entire month... BAN!

Not even that, any human eye can detect a money making bot from a distance, its just that they dont care much, cause if they hired someone that was 8 hours a day manually botting people, i assure you there would be not many bots around. Its simple, you dont have friends? you never skill? you make money every day and never spend it? always have chat off? 100% bot.

My recomendation to you would be make the bot use different money making methods, and make it skill from time to time, hell, even make some quests if necesary.

What i do is: Make the script make mistakes, human-like mistakes like double clicking, missclicking, teleporting twice, making a failed run, stuff like that. Change methods from time to time. Have multiple accounts, if i have 4 accs running at the same time, then i make 8 accs and switch between them so they dont ALL play 8 hours a day every day. Change their clothes so people report you less. Find methods that are not crowded, or even where people cant see you (POH). Make profiles, one time the bot is efficient, the other is lazy, stuff like that. Dont look for the best rates, but rates that can be sustained for hours and hours without getting people to notice, i mean, dont do a click intensive method for 12 hours strait with 5 minute breaks for 30 days.. its just not real.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

its almost impossible not to get picked by botwatch if you are reported. Its easy, they look at your bank, you have 100k oak logs you've chopped, and you've done nothing else for 1 entire month... BAN!

Not even that, any human eye can detect a money making bot from a distance, its just that they dont care much, cause if they hired someone that was 8 hours a day manually botting people, i assure you there would be not many bots around. Its simple, you dont have friends? you never skill? you make money every day and never spend it? always have chat off? 100% bot.

My recomendation to you would be make the bot use different money making methods, and make it skill from time to time, hell, even make some quests if necesary.

What i do is: Make the script make mistakes, human-like mistakes like double clicking, missclicking, teleporting twice, making a failed run, stuff like that. Change methods from time to time. Have multiple accounts, if i have 4 accs running at the same time, then i make 8 accs and switch between them so they dont ALL play 8 hours a day every day. Change their clothes so people report you less. Find methods that are not crowded, or even where people cant see you (POH). Make profiles, one time the bot is efficient, the other is lazy, stuff like that. Dont look for the best rates, but rates that can be sustained for hours and hours without getting people to notice, i mean, dont do a click intensive method for 12 hours strait with 5 minute breaks for 30 days.. its just not real.

Realistically, they won't ban someone because they 'look' like bots. You have those messed up players who literally just do runecrafting to 200m exp legit. They have to ban someone with some concrete evidence. I'm going to try to improve my script and keep going at it.

You're right in some sense. If you repeat the same action every day, botwatch will start looking into your account. I don't mind that. I want to create a script that when botwatch looks at it, it thinks it's human. I'll do what you said and add some misclicks and mess-ups on purpose.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Realistically, they won't ban someone because they 'look' like bots. You have those messed up players who literally just do runecrafting to 200m exp legit. They have to ban someone with some concrete evidence. I'm going to try to improve my script and keep going at it.

You're right in some sense. If you repeat the same action every day, botwatch will start looking into your account. I don't mind that. I want to create a script that when botwatch looks at it, it thinks it's human. I'll do what you said and add some misclicks and mess-ups on purpose.
    There has been a case in which they banned an incredibly efficient runecrafter on osrs, maybe a year ago, and then unbanned him and said "well, he was so efficient we thought he was a bot, sry bruh". This made me doubt they even have a method, other than just using common sense and checking if its a bot or not, maybe they do, maybe they dont. Gl on you botting adventures ! :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

There has been a case in which they banned an incredibly efficient runecrafter on osrs, maybe a year ago, and then unbanned him and said "well, he was so efficient we thought he was a bot, sry bruh". This made me doubt they even have a method, other than just using common sense and checking if its a bot or not, maybe they do, maybe they dont. Gl on you botting adventures ! :P
    Yeah I actually thought about that. I know jebrim was banned so he got 200m agility again in a short period of time to show it was possible. Jagex then unbanned his main account.

Maybe your right. Maybe they banned me cuz I just 'looked' like a bot. I'll try to make it more legit .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

I want to create a script that when botwatch looks at it, it thinks it's human. I'll do what you said and add some misclicks and mess-ups on purpose.
    When botwatch picks you up, I can almost 100% guarantee you that the first thing they check is if you are using a 3rd party client.

I have been botting since SCAR (RS Classic), and I have NEVER been banned using a 100% color bot with the in browser game client. On the other hand, I have had upwards of 50 bans from using various 3rd party clients.
    "To sleep, perchance to dream"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Yeah ive stopped using smart all together unless I am running a reflection script on an alt.

I guess its all trial and error and I admire your enthusiasm around building this bot; hope you can pull it off

Developing some functions that mirror your own movement might be a good idea. Maybe record your game play for a few hours and keep track of how many times you make an error, how often you make said errors and if they are common enough, incorporate them into your script. Get an approximate rate of errors/hr and try to do the same in your bot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Yeah ive stopped using smart all together unless I am running a reflection script on an alt.

I guess its all trial and error and I admire your enthusiasm around building this bot; hope you can pull it off

Developing some functions that mirror your own movement might be a good idea. Maybe record your game play for a few hours and keep track of how many times you make an error, how often you make said errors and if they are common enough, incorporate them into your script. Get an approximate rate of errors/hr and try to do the same in your bot.
    Thanks Honestly, it's not about the money. I'm only farming on one account cuz I don't want pattern matching getting me banned. I just want to make a script that is literally like a human. I'll prob do that to see where a human messes up. Also, I'll prob add some inaccuracy as time goes on. Like humans, the bot should get 'tired'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Runecrafting is so high risk.... its the easiest way to get banned skilling

Thread Information