Thread: Catch me up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Default Catch me up

Been away for ages dealing with IRL stuff.

Expected to come back to find SRL fully updated and working with NXT. Doesn't seem to be the case. Forums seem kinda quiet actually.

So what's been going on the last year/currently?
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

I'm wondering the same thing, but SRL is pretty legit for OSRS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bixby Sayz View Post
    Been away for ages dealing with IRL stuff.

Expected to come back to find SRL fully updated and working with NXT. Doesn't seem to be the case. Forums seem kinda quiet actually.

So what's been going on the last year/currently?
    It does work with NXT, And the discord is pretty active, But i think mostly everyone has shifted to OSRS, And i also think everyone mostly just makes their own scripts for what they need.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Yeah not too much community releases from members for a while. Most of the activity has shifted to Discord, which is good because it offers faster replies, but it also bad because it looks like the community is dead lol.

OSRS seems to be the main focus afaik, with SRL being updated.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

None of the srl6 devs still actively use it afaik. This isn't really that much different from what I experienced when I used srl6 in years prior. If you don't wish to fix it up for nxt, I'd personally recommend going to a for-profit botting platform since there's an incentive there for devs to maintain things in the longterm inspite of not using it anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

About what I expected I guess. Was disappointed Simba 1.2 hasn't "gone live" by now.

Don't bot a lot myself these days. More of a casual botter. Has hoping an active community would energize me, but never got into OSRS botting. I seem to be one of the few that like botting RS3/NXT.
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

The community still exists, it's on IRC/Discord, OSRS tools are pretty well-maintained but the RS3 include has not been updated for NXT.

Simba 1.2 will never be released, work is well underway on Simba 1.3, https://github.com/MerlijnWajer/Simba/tree/fpc-3.0
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    The community still exists, it's on IRC/Discord, OSRS tools are pretty well-maintained but the RS3 include has not been updated for NXT.

Simba 1.2 will never be released, work is well underway on Simba 1.3, https://github.com/MerlijnWajer/Simba/tree/fpc-3.0
    Interesting. Found the 1.3 branch of SRL but it doesn't appear to be compatible yet. I'll wait a bit on that.

Actually just quickly mucking around it looks like SRL-6 works just fine with NXT provided you size client to exactly 800x600, use same setup as with browser, and override the login screen detection. Haven't gotten further into it yet but looks promising.

On a side note: My search skills are failing me. Anyone have a link to build instructions for SMART? I see there is a v8.6 on github, but I don't see binaries for it.
    Last edited by Bixby Sayz; 10-30-2018 at 01:59 AM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Interesting. Found the 1.3 branch of SRL but it doesn't appear to be compatible yet. I'll wait a bit on that.

Actually just quickly mucking around it looks like SRL-6 works just fine with NXT provided you size client to exactly 800x600, use same setup as with browser, and override the login screen detection. Haven't gotten further into it yet but looks promising.

On a side note: My search skills are failing me. Anyone have a link to build instructions for SMART? I see there is a v8.6 on github, but I don't see binaries for it.
    Hi,

Simba 1.3 is currently compatible with SRL using this branch, subject to change as both are still in development.

SMART is quite easy to build, clone the repository and use the Makefile to build a copy. The process is documented in this file and binaries are available here.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Simba 1.3 is currently compatible with SRL using this branch, subject to change as both are still in development.
    I'll give it another go. Thought for sure that was the branch I downloaded. It was a simba-1.3 branch of something.

Edit: Just realized we are having two different conversations due entirely to my misunderstanding. SRL works just fine with Simba 1.3 but I was thinking of SRL-6, because it has RS3 support, while I kept talking about SRL. My bad. Without SRL-6 I'll stick to the older version for now.

Edit: SRL compiles but doesn't run when trying to load OSRS. Got a minimal script that loads OSRS using Simba 1.3?
    Last edited by Bixby Sayz; 10-31-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Asked this in another thread but this seems the better place to ask. Is SRL the official "going forward" include? Seems redundant to have SRL and SRL-6 includes.

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Asked this in another thread but this seems the better place to ask. Is SRL the official "going forward" include? Seems redundant to have SRL and SRL-6 includes.
    SRL does OSRS
    SRL-6 does RS3

SRL-6 needs some thinking though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Just coming back from an extended absence due to dealing with some IRL stuff.

The Simba-1.3 branch of SRL seems to have disappeared from the SRL github repo? I downloaded the master branch but it doesn't seem to launch SMART properly and doesn't recognize the client is ready. Modifying it to work but wondering if I should be grabbing the include from somewhere else?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)

I went through the guide here a few days ago for Simba 1.3 and everything worked out of the box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Yeah that worked, to a point. Was missing the part about the packages.

Interestingly the latest daily build, which I was using, incorrectly thinks the S.M.A.R.T. client already exists and does nothing unless you force a new client to spawn. The RC1 candidate in that post creates the client properly but both fail to detect OSR is loaded without some tweaking of the co-ords.

I think this is why I kinda drifted away. One step forward while scripting requires three steps sideways tweaking the includes. And since I prefer RS3 make that about 20 steps sideways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Does not work

Thread Information