Thread: iPhone 6

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Default iPhone 6

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_6-6378.php

http://www.zdnet.com/apple-announces...es-7000033370/

not impressed, I don't see anything new with it other than the fact that you can get it bigger now

Are people really paying $200 for an extra 112 GB of space in 2014? $200 can get you like a 5 TB external hard drive or a 128 GB mini SD card (and an extra $100). Oh wait, I forgot the iPhone has no card slot.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_6-6378.php

not impressed, I don't see anything new with it other than the fact that you can get it bigger now
    Yeah, and its reeeally bigger... i mean, what most of the people i know said was this "i dont like galaxy´s because they are huge! i love iphone is still small" thats it with that argument lol.

It has no significant change whatsoever, and its really expensive $$$

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

Seriously Apple? I should switch to Android, unimpressed completely.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undorak7 View Post
    Yeah, and its reeeally bigger... i mean, what most of the people i know said was this "i dont like galaxy´s because they are huge! i love iphone is still small" thats it with that argument lol.

It has no significant change whatsoever, and its really expensive $$$
    This actually is my argument. I still use my iPhone 4.. The plain old 4. Just need something that fits in my pocket and can send a message and receive a call.. I don't care much for the apps anymore or all the "features" :l I'm not a big fan of androids; but I'm not a big fan of iphones either.

I think most people shed the money for the OS. What OP posted looks like incomplete specs. There's no CPU and no Ram values.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    This actually is my argument. I still use my iPhone 4.. The plain old 4. Just need something that fits in my pocket and can send a message and receive a call.. I don't care much for the apps anymore or all the "features" :l I'm not a big fan of androids; but I'm not a big fan of iphones either.

I think most people shed the money for the OS. What OP posted looks like incomplete specs. There's no CPU and no Ram values.
    If you like the size then go with a "mini" android-based phone. I have the Motorola Droid Mini and it has powerful hardware with small form factor, plus it wasn't expensive. You can vanilla android them quite easily, if you don't like the Motorola "bloat".

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...es/7993%2C8573

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)

The iPhone 6 isn't even 1080p.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tls View Post
    If you like the size then go with a "mini" android-based phone. I have the Motorola Droid Mini and it has powerful hardware with small form factor, plus it wasn't expensive. You can vanilla android them quite easily, if you don't like the Motorola "bloat".

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...es/7993%2C8573
    I have a Motorola Defy. It doesn't have that powerful hardware but it does everything I need it to do. It was sort of slow after a while on 2.2.0 but I flashed cyanogenmod 10.2 by Quarx so it now has android 4.3.1. It's much faster now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

All iProducts are overpriced crap, imo. You pay for the brandname and the "hip" factor. Nothing more.

Personally, I'm a massive fan of HTC, they're easily one of the best smart phone companies on the market due to years of experience, decent prices, regular screen sizes, solid hardware, and great customer support.

I've seen Galaxy's and iPhones break in a month or be plagued by problems. My old HTC Desire and Velocity are both still going strong, and the HTC One XL I'm currently using has never had an issue.

htcfanboi.jpg

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

"The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus both have the new Apple A8 system-on-a-chip inside. This 64-bit chipset is has 2 billion transistors inside, up from 1 billion in the A7, and the A8 is 13% smaller than the A7 chip. Apple says this all adds up to 25% faster CPU performance and up to 50% faster graphics performance when compared with the 5s. The A8 is also promised to be 50% more energy efficient than the A7."

It has 2 GB RAM i believe, but batery still sucks with 1800 mAh, while GALAXYs have way more .

This is what i understood from a quick read somewhere.. not sure about what im saying though!

Quote Originally Posted by Wetish View Post
    yes it is, if you are referring to the camera. If you are talking about the phone in general, it has retina display which is the same thing (or better from my understanding).
    • "iPhone 6 features a 4.7-inch display with a 1334×750 resolution, density of 326 pixels-per-inch. More than 1 million pixels are spaced across the display, which is 38% more pixels than the iPhone 5s display."
    • "The iPhone 6 Plus has a larger 5.5-inch display with a 1920×1080 resolution and density of 401 pixels-per inch. That’s more than 2 million pixels in total and 185% more pixels than iPhone 5s."

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

So.. it's like an iPhone 5s but sixier? :l

It has more performance but iOS 8 also takes up way more resources. I expect it to be dead even with the OS upgrade.

If I were to get it, I'd wait on an actual tear down to figure out the amount of RAM. But meh, it's too overhyped and the apple store won't see me any time soon.

RIP to my i4 though.. can't upgrade the OS any further.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

So.. it's like an iPhone 5s but sixier? :l

It has more performance but iOS 8 also takes up way more resources. I expect it to be dead even with the OS upgrade.

If I were to get it, I'd wait on an actual tear down to figure out the amount of RAM. But meh, it's too overhyped and the apple store won't see me any time soon.

RIP to my i4 though.. can't upgrade the OS any further.
    Make the Android switch.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Let me say this, if you're comparing the iPhone 6 to previous iPhone models you're really only appealing to current iPhone owners who are considering upgrading or not. If you compare the iPhone 6 to the other flagship smart phones in the world the argument will be over before it begins. As Brandon said above, the iPhone's advantage is is operating system but even that is falling behind new versions of alternatives, like Android KitKat and Windows 8 OS. And when it comes to the physical specifications of the iPhone, it's really a joke. Everything about the phone is years behind in technology and as history as shown, it will never catch up to everyone else. It will always be out-performed substantially.

If you're looking for a small smart phone I'd look into Sony or HTC. Really nice specifications, I assume they're not so expensive (I'm pretty far behind in US prices), and you'll be making the (radical) upgrade to Android. What I personally have is a clone of the HTC Butterfly but actually has some better specifications than the original. When it was first released over a year ago I paid a bit over $200 for it. I've no reason to change and I would only change it for a OnePlus One.

Sorry if I'm offending any fellow SRL'ers who are also iPhone fans. Keep in mind it's all just in my own opinion. Just logically I can't understand why one would purposefully choose to use an iPhone over an Android phone. My only conclusion is they simply know very little about smart phones in general, are uninformed about Android, or simply are limited by whatever network they're using (no Android phones can be used with their provider).

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

yes it is, if you are referring to the camera. If you are talking about the phone in general, it has retina display which is the same thing (or better from my understanding).
    • "iPhone 6 features a 4.7-inch display with a 1334×750 resolution, density of 326 pixels-per-inch. More than 1 million pixels are spaced across the display, which is 38% more pixels than the iPhone 5s display."
    • "The iPhone 6 Plus has a larger 5.5-inch display with a 1920×1080 resolution and density of 401 pixels-per inch. That’s more than 2 million pixels in total and 185% more pixels than iPhone 5s."
    All retina display means is 326ppi for small devices. Almost all of the other latest devices have well over 400ppi. You can argue that that many ppi is overkill, but it is still much better than the iphone's retina display. It's just another gimmicky name to make it sound better than it is.

As for the phone itself, I honestly can't see why anyone would buy it. There is literally not one thing that is any better than the latest (and cheaper) nexus, xperia, htc, galaxy, or motorola.

And I know this is missing some of the facts, but I found it pretty funny... http://i.imgur.com/Vge3M7S.jpg

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    All retina display means is 326ppi for small devices. Almost all of the other latest devices have well over 400ppi. You can argue that that many ppi is overkill, but it is still much better than the iphone's retina display. It's just another gimmicky name to make it sound better than it is.

As for the phone itself, I honestly can't see why anyone would buy it. There is literally not one thing that is any better than the latest (and cheaper) nexus, xperia, htc, galaxy, or motorola.

And I know this is missing some of the facts, but I found it pretty funny... http://i.imgur.com/Vge3M7S.jpg
    thanks for clearing the retina display stuff for me, now i get it

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I giggled, now if only it were legal for me to print this out in big posters and put them up all over my local universities (loaded with hipsters who refuse to even consider anything but Apple products) and Apple stores.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wetish View Post
    They are both Retin HD display. The iPhone 6 with the same 326ppi, and the iPhone 6 Plus with 401ppi.
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onilika View Post
    They are both Retin HD display. The iPhone 6 with the same 326ppi, and the iPhone 6 Plus with 401ppi.
    iPhone 6 plus? What is that?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

iPhone 6 plus? What is that?
    It's a similar gimmick to the 5 and "5S". The Plus is supposed to be better and make you want to fork over extra money for at most handful of "upgrades".

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    It's a similar gimmick to the 5 and "5S". The Plus is supposed to be better and make you want to fork over extra money for at most handful of "upgrades".
    Oh, is the upgrades the bigger screen and probably more space?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Something like that. Here's a pretty good breakdown of the differences.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

What changes at the iPhone 6 plus it's only the optical image stabilizer and a bigger screen of 5.5 inches.
    Both iPhones come with the same storage from 16 to 128 GB.
    In my humble opinion the iPhone 6 Plus is just too big.
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Very excited for this, I bought the 5.5
    “Oh, hi. So, how are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO"
    http://www.southweststandard.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    So they shouldn't charge more for the higher cost in materials for the bigger size or the optical lens and better screen? That is weird. I guess you do more work for free also?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by klae17 View Post
    So they shouldn't charge more for the higher cost in materials for the bigger size or the optical lens and better screen? That is weird. I guess you do more work for free also?
    It does technically say "extra money for a handful of "upgrades"".

Yes they can charge more for extra materials, but everything Apple makes (IMO) is overpriced. The money is spent on a percieved better OS (not justified by better hardware that's for sure) but it seems like Apple is falling back into the average category for that now too, so I don't really know what justifies paying more for an iPhone anymore. Just user preference and brand loyalty I suppose.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    It does technically say "extra money for a handful of "upgrades"".

Yes they can charge more for extra materials, but everything Apple makes (IMO) is overpriced. The money is spent on a percieved better OS (not justified by better hardware that's for sure) but it seems like Apple is falling back into the average category for that now too, so I don't really know what justifies paying more for an iPhone anymore. Just user preference and brand loyalty I suppose.
    I pay for the ecosystem, the tie ins and the ease of use. As computer users we are definitely more educated in tech and software, but I still prefer to use my apple products. Their materials is a lot better too vs plastic and support is there with physical stores.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information