Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Need Testers] ogLib Pestcontrol Script

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

Default [Need Testers] ogLib Pestcontrol Script

Hey everyone, just got done working on the first iteration of my pest control script that uses ogLib.
    I wan't some testers who will leave feedback/comments before I release, just to make sure everything is working fine.

I personally have tested it for 2 hours with no issues, but want other peoples feedback/suggestions.

Anyway if you're interested continue on below.

Setup

1. Make sure to download/install ogLib here
    2. Make sure to have Auto-Retaliate enabled, and I also highly recommend using range/mage since it makes getting damage easier
    3. Set up your graphics like so

4. Interface setting

5. Important make sure your 3D game world goes throughout the entire client, like so

6. Have your layout like this and make, this is also where you stand to start the script

7. Lastly Make sure NPC chat is out of the way like this

(if you want basic progress screen, enable debug in smart client)

Let me know what you guys think, if you get any errors or if you have suggestions or literally anything.

Current bugs
    1. Progress report suck,
    2. Sometimes doesn't detect if we have died
    3. Sometimes takes a while to attack a target
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

A couple things I noticed in the half hour I ran it:

It doesn't check uptext, so it often tries to spam click on doors. Maybe check the positioning of the mob you're trying to attack?
    It doesn't activate prayers (not a bug, just a useful feature to have).
    It doesn't always detect the end of the match. This is doubly bad considering the fact your timeout for this feature is, by default, a full two minutes. Even dropping this to 20-30 seconds it's a huge problem, though not as large a deal.

The biggest thing imo, which isn't an issue with this script but rather an issue with OGL, is the clicking. The whole instant movement to where you're clicking just feels really, really wrong to me.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adc View Post
    A couple things I noticed in the half hour I ran it:

It doesn't check uptext, so it often tries to spam click on doors. Maybe check the positioning of the mob you're trying to attack?
    It doesn't activate prayers (not a bug, just a useful feature to have).
    It doesn't always detect the end of the match. This is doubly bad considering the fact your timeout for this feature is, by default, a full two minutes. Even dropping this to 20-30 seconds it's a huge problem, though not as large a deal.

The biggest thing imo, which isn't an issue with this script but rather an issue with OGL, is the clicking. The whole instant movement to where you're clicking just feels really, really wrong to me.
    Yeah, that teleport mouse is weird but, well just have to wait till/if they'll ever add human mouse movement to ogLib.

I've been fixing it up some more and the detecting of game finishing should be fixed in this latest one. Thanks for the idea about the prayers, my level is low so I never really cared for it, but will add the option to use quick prayers.

Thanks a bunch for all the feed back man, will update tomorrow.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

I haven't worked with OGL, so I don't know of limitations working with SRL, but would it not be possible to import SRL-6 and use it only for mouse movements?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

I haven't worked with OGL, so I don't know of limitations working with SRL, but would it not be possible to import SRL-6 and use it only for mouse movements?
    What you're looking for is this
    But I haven't tried as it's fairly new.

The Mayor has commented and said that if they can fix the lag with ogLib he would add ogLib into SRL-6 in a heartbeat. So we can only wait right now.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adieux View Post

The Mayor has commented and said that if they can fix the lag with ogLib he would add ogLib into SRL-6 in a heartbeat. So we can only wait right now.
    The OGL plugin most likely won't be fixed, Brandon has moved onto DirectX hooking instead. Also, OGL-SRL6 isn't necessarily new, it's straight up ogLib with some things ripped out. I've only moved some things around, and removed some things to get it to work correctly with SRL-6. I haven't added anything, all the work is from the ogLib Devs (Obscurity and Clarity) . In short it's only giving you interaction with models and textures, everything else was taken out.

Now, if you're only going to use SRL-6's Mouse Movements, that's really just a matter of going into mouse.simba in the SRL-6 include and copying over all the mouse functions, or you might actually be able to simply import mouse.simba.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twinki View Post
    The OGL plugin most likely won't be fixed, Brandon has moved onto DirectX hooking instead. Also, OGL-SRL6 isn't necessarily new, it's straight up ogLib with some things ripped out. I've only moved some things around, and removed some things to get it to work correctly with SRL-6. I haven't added anything, all the work is from the ogLib Devs (Obscurity and Clarity) . In short it's only giving you interaction with models and textures, everything else was taken out.

Now, if you're only going to use SRL-6's Mouse Movements, that's really just a matter of going into mouse.simba in the SRL-6 include and copying over all the mouse functions, or you might actually be able to simply import mouse.simba.
    DirectX definitely is the way to go in my opinion.

How would I go about importing mouse.simba? Would I just add it into the library and call for it in the core.simba of ogLib?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

DirectX definitely is the way to go in my opinion.

How would I go about importing mouse.simba? Would I just add it into the library and call for it in the core.simba of ogLib?
    You should be able to import it the exact same way you import SRL-6 or OGL. You just have to change the import path to point to mouse.simba.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

You should be able to import it the exact same way you import SRL-6 or OGL. You just have to change the import path to point to mouse.simba.
    I see, I'll give this a shot tomorrow as its 4 am my time haha, thanks again both of you for the new information/suggestions.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

@Adieux; Would it be a hassle to add in walking back into the game from the boat if you die during mid game? Just curious since my guy isn't maxed HP and can sometimes get smacked hard by the pests. Beside that it is going good right now.

EDIT: So I noticed that after a few games (and the many camera angles it moved) that is started trying to enter the boat but was clicking the wrong part of the gag plank (it was clicking almost in the boat). Just thought I would give you a heads up.

EDIT2: I guess you use the void knight in game to tell you if you are in the game? At 800x600 resolution, if you are in the back right corner of the boat when the game starts you can't see that knight on screen so the script executes. Just a FYI.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimxxdeath223 View Post
    @Adieux; Would it be a hassle to add in walking back into the game from the boat if you die during mid game? Just curious since my guy isn't maxed HP and can sometimes get smacked hard by the pests. Beside that it is going good right now.

EDIT: So I noticed that after a few games (and the many camera angles it moved) that is started trying to enter the boat but was clicking the wrong part of the gag plank (it was clicking almost in the boat). Just thought I would give you a heads up.

EDIT2: I guess you use the void knight in game to tell you if you are in the game? At 800x600 resolution, if you are in the back right corner of the boat when the game starts you can't see that knight on screen so the script executes. Just a FYI.
    Yep the first concern has been fixed, I've added so that it detects when you fall to 0 hp and if so walks back.
    I've also fixed the camera rotation so that it doesn't do it so often and stops as soon as the game ends, so the miss clicking should be fixed
    and for the last one I do use the void knight to detect whether were in game or not, never had any issues with it not detecting it, is your 3D game world stretched across the entire screen?

And thanks a bunch for all the feedback!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Yep the first concern has been fixed, I've added so that it detects when you fall to 0 hp and if so walks back.
    I've also fixed the camera rotation so that it doesn't do it so often and stops as soon as the game ends, so the miss clicking should be fixed
    and for the last one I do use the void knight to detect whether were in game or not, never had any issues with it not detecting it, is your 3D game world stretched across the entire screen?

And thanks a bunch for all the feedback!
    Just doing my job, I will check it again later since I am not home right now. Does the screen have to be 800x600? Seems so tiny And I did follow what your little clip showed up top but I will try it again.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twinki View Post

As far as i'm aware ogLib is based off OGL-SRL6, not the other way around. Maybe @The Mayor can correct me on that.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimxxdeath223 View Post
    Just doing my job, I will check it again later since I am not home right now. Does the screen have to be 800x600? Seems so tiny And I did follow what your little clip showed up top but I will try it again.
    I don't think it has to be that size only tried with 800x600 though.
    I'm pretty sure ogLib supports all sizes tho, so give it a shot.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    As far as i'm aware ogLib is based off OGL-SRL6, not the other way around. Maybe @The Mayor can correct me on that.
    ogLib is entirely original code apart from usage of Brandon's plugin, smart.simba, graphics.simba, and internals.simba (from the old GLX include).

OGL-SRL6 is a recently posted include mod by @Twinki; that combines both ogLib and SRL-6. Mayor has also made a compatibility mod that is based on the old GLX includes, not using ogLib, but I don't think he posted it due to people having lag issues with OGL in general.

OT: Grats on this release! I was going to suggest using the gangplank model to determine whether in and out of game, because I believe there are void knights or squires in both the lander area and game area?
    Last edited by Clarity; 08-02-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

Use the damage icon in game to tell if you're in game.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Simba Code:
    smartShowConsole := FALSE;  //disables console from appearing - imo this is extremely annoying
      ogl.setup(1400,800); // allows you to alter screen size - this is simply what I prefer for my machine

Testing right now, but as Clarity mentioned - definitely use the gangplank to detect if you're in game or damage icon like Obscurity said. Will let ya know shortly on any bugs/suggestions. Grats on the release!

1. Only tested ogl.setup(1400,800) but this does not work, has to be default client size - not a necessary improvement but would be nice.
    2. actionBar.setQuickPrayer(true); - really simple for those wanting/needing it before he can update
    3. actionBar.setRegenearte(true); - I think this is what it is but could also be useful for some extra survivability?
    4. Proggy to show points earned
    5. Threshold ability support - really easy to add - just look at actionbar include.
    6. Small bug - if a mob is standing as showin in this picture - it'll spam click open and close door. Seriously going to be rare that this occurs but adding in a simple right-click option would negate this from occuring.
    Last edited by Clutch; 08-03-2015 at 05:26 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Simba Code:
    smartShowConsole := FALSE;  //disables console from appearing - imo this is extremely annoying
      ogl.setup(1400,800); // allows you to alter screen size - this is simply what I prefer for my machine

Testing right now, but as Clarity mentioned - definitely use the gangplank to detect if you're in game or damage icon like Obscurity said. Will let ya know shortly on any bugs/suggestions. Grats on the release!

1. Only tested ogl.setup(1400,800) but this does not work, has to be default client size - not a necessary improvement but would be nice.
    2. actionBar.setQuickPrayer(true); - really simple for those wanting/needing it before he can update
    3. actionBar.setRegenearte(true); - I think this is what it is but could also be useful for some extra survivability?
    5. Threshold ability support - really easy to add - just look at actionbar include.
    6. Small bug - if a mob is standing as showin in this picture - it'll spam click open and close door. Seriously going to be rare that this occurs but adding in a simple right-click option would negate this from occuring.
    I haven't released it yet, still working on it. Basically rewriting most of it since I have gotten way too many good suggestions/feedback. I'm also testing it in 1240x768 so it should work with bigger screen sizes
    Will definitely add the quick prayer in as it's super easy to add, just totally forgot about prayers to begin with.
    I have the progress report done for points earned but for some reason it was bugged and kept adding more points than necessary, currently fixing that and other problems.
    Will also look into adding threshold ability support.
    When you say right click support, you would want it to right click on the pest every time before attacking?
    Thanks for all the great suggestions/feedback!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Use the damage icon in game to tell if you're in game.
    Great idea!
    I was using the knight then just recently changed it to the chatbox model of the knight since it would always detect it, but just so happens the ID is the same as the chat box model for when the void knight dies.
    Damage icon is perfect.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Great idea!
    I was using the knight then just recently changed it to the chatbox model of the knight since it would always detect it, but just so happens the ID is the same as the chat box model for when the void knight dies.
    Damage icon is perfect.
    Yeah, Obscurity's is a better idea. For any minigame or activity there is usually a unique HUD texture that appears - all the information that displays in Castle Wars, Fist of Guthix, Soul Wars, etc.

Keep up the good work, Adieux

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Yeah, Obscurity's is a better idea. For any minigame or activity there is usually a unique HUD texture that appears - all the information that displays in Castle Wars, Fist of Guthix, Soul Wars, etc.

Keep up the good work, Adieux
    My first time using ogLib and it's been really fun tbh, I'll keep at it thank you!

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

You misread my post. ogLib <> OGL.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    You misread my post. ogLib <> OGL.
    Oops my bad, thanks for correcting me!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Simba Code:

If using a client size <> 800x600, you may have to use glxViewPort(). Simply dowing:
    Simba Code:
    Var x,y:int32;
    // some stuff
    Begin
    OGL.setup(1440,900);
    GlxViewPort(x,y,x,y);
    // more stuff
    End;

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    If using a client size <> 800x600, you may have to use glxViewPort(). Simply dowing:
    Simba Code:
    Var x,y:int32;
    // some stuff
    Begin
    OGL.setup(1440,900);
    GlxViewPort(x,y,x,y);
    // more stuff
    End;
    What values do i replace with the x's and y's?
    Currently running on 1024x768 and the model ID clicking seems to be broken right now. Clicks no where near where its supposed to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information